Author Topic: Exhibitors Hall 2012  (Read 2129 times)

Offline veraca

• Bunnygirl
Exhibitors Hall 2012
« on: September 12, 2012, 02:56:36 pm »
Input for the Dealer's in 2012... I hope this is okay to post... ._.;

But I was kind of disappointed in the mystery-box figures- those little ones that are like 2-3" tall and you have no idea what's in them. Most of the selection were characters I didn't know at all. I was lucky to recognize Madoka's series, and found two box series from "Tales of", but almost all of the others the vendors had to offer I had no interest in buying. Another minor note: one vendor was selling some Vocaloid mystery-boxes and while it had pictures of various characters on the front and back the actual pictures of what was in the box were all of Miku relation (in various costumes, and were cool), but not of what I was looking for.

It would be nice if even not as mystery-boxes, but just having those figures... I try to never buy figures in big boxes or are larger then 6" big (I only have two that are in big boxes), simply because I can't carry the large ones around and I don't have room for them at home.

I realize dealer's are never sure what to bring as they go to different cons and their stock is always changing, but it was disappointing to see a few of these boxes at only a few booths, and only finding two or three series that I actually recognized.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2012, 01:41:42 pm by JeffT »
Dreaming is easy, dreamwalking is hard.
Kumori'15
Kanata (Trinity Universe)

Offline JeffT

• Administrator
    • Facebook
    • Google+
Re: An idea re: dealer hall
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2012, 01:40:42 pm »
Moderator's note: I've split this into a separate thread since the old thread was for 2011.
2023: Website Development Coordinator
2020-2022: Assistant Secretary, Website Development Coordinator
2011 - 2013, 2016-2019: Secretary
2007 - 2019: Website Manager
2015: Assistant Secretary
2014: Chair
2007 - 2009: Director of Publicity
2006: Copy Editor

Offline veraca

• Bunnygirl
Re: Exhibitors Hall 2012
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2012, 08:39:06 pm »
Oh thank you :D

I'd like to add that the exit wasn't easy to find. Though it was really nice to have. Some halls seemed too wide compared to others. Like the hall leading to the exit- it had plants in the way on one wall and the Sakura-Con booth on another wall- was a smaller corner to turn. And the entry in seemed kind of confusing.

Overall the lighting was actually pretty ok, and when we were in there during both busy and slow times of the day, it didn't seem overly hot. However the traffic going toward the exit, stopping at that booth and otherwise looking around that corner seemed tight.
Dreaming is easy, dreamwalking is hard.
Kumori'15
Kanata (Trinity Universe)