Author Topic: bootmakers?  (Read 1415 times)

Offline zenneth

• Catgirl
bootmakers?
« on: September 17, 2012, 01:04:35 pm »
hi,
are you or do you know any person that knows how to make boots?

i am planning/thinking on cosplaying sandplay gakupo but i'm not gunna through this unless i figure out how i can get his boots accurately.

as i ponder through it some more, i think i need to have it custom made... so...
yeah...
maybe i get lucky on posting my dilemma here~~

here is a pic of the original art-- sadly you can only catch a glimpse of it but, i think you can imagine now it would look like already
(i imagine it having around 1-2 inch heels)

http://www.cosplayisland.co.uk/files/costumes/3168/37734/vamp-gakupo2.jpg
cosplays done so far: kakuzu, gintoki, danboard, K Dash, assassin cross, loki of the emblem assassins, gilbert nightray, sebastian, black rock shooter kaito

Offline Acheron

• Sailor Scout
Re: bootmakers?
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2012, 02:50:33 pm »
A simple Google image search for "sandplay singing of the dragon gakupo" turns up two different companies selling boots for this costume, so I don't think it would be necessary to have them custom made.

You could also make yourself boot covers if you're unhappy with the boots being sold currently. That would be much cheaper, and there are a ton of tutorials out there to help you make them.

And to answer your question instead of giving alternative advice, I've never heard of a cosplay commissioner who does actual cobbling. You'd almost definitely have to turn to a professional shoemaker.
Kumoricon 2014:

Offline zenneth

• Catgirl
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2012, 03:17:02 pm »
Just tried it now, thanks ~

never know right? XD

A new generation of shoe cobbler that likes anime Hahaha

XD
cosplays done so far: kakuzu, gintoki, danboard, K Dash, assassin cross, loki of the emblem assassins, gilbert nightray, sebastian, black rock shooter kaito

Offline Syaoran_Sakura.Kinomoto

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2012, 05:41:09 pm »
^You sire/ma'm get a +5
Kumoru Con 2013 cosplay plan:
Friday: Secret Police Hacker Kagamine Len
Saturday: Black Rock Shooter (male version)
Sunday: Kagamine Len (Fleeting Moon Flower)
Monday: Secret