Author Topic: Question on the Convention's dates  (Read 5784 times)

Offline Kynthiamoon

• Oni
Question on the Convention's dates
« on: May 07, 2004, 11:07:09 am »
Ok, I just thought it was a little odd that the Convention is running a Sat, Sunday, and Monday. Is there a reason it's not starting on a Friday like most cons? (Sept 4th is a Saturday ^_^) I'm just wondering that's all.

Offline EvilMonkey

• Founder
  • Catgirl
    • http://evilmonkeysean.livejournal.com
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2004, 11:23:07 am »
There's a couple reasons, one is that we're on Labor Day weekend, so pretty much everyone has monday off.  The other is that there is another group that's using some of the hotel's convention space Friday, so we actually get more room to put on events by going to Sat-Mon.  
I know the dates are a little confusing for most people, especially for people who are used to the Friday-Sunday setup.  Just think of our Saturday like the Friday of a regular convention.
~Sean Larson~

Offline Kynthiamoon

• Oni
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2004, 02:22:08 pm »
Thanks for the answer! ^_^ I kinda like a Saturday set up... Gives people time to get there on Friday night!

Offline EvilMonkey

• Founder
  • Catgirl
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2004, 02:26:16 pm »
So far we haven't recieved any negative feedback on the dates, which is very positive for us.  This also allows working stiffs to fully enjoy the first day's activities without having to use vacation time, or at least not as much vacation time.
~Sean Larson~

Offline zenix

• Chibi
« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2004, 03:42:16 pm »
i hope the stuff gets spread out more i couldent find much to do on sunday at sukura con :(

Offline EvilMonkey

• Founder
  • Catgirl
« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2004, 03:47:28 pm »
Well, Sunday at our convention will be the main day, and there will still be plenty of stuff to do on Monday.
~Sean Larson~

Offline zenix

• Chibi
« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2004, 10:12:45 pm »
thats good to hear

Offline superjaz

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #7 on: May 12, 2004, 01:41:36 pm »
Quote from: "Kynthiamoon"
I kinda like a Saturday set up

i think the set up rocks....i'm not just saying that because its the day  after my birhtday.....i'm not
superjaz, that is jaz with one z count'um ONE z!
Proud mom of 2 awesome kids

« Reply #8 on: May 25, 2004, 07:08:55 pm »
The only problem is that it ends the day before school starts, so students who have to travel from further away (like me) won't be as inclined (or allowed) to attend.

Offline staze

• Founder
  • Catgirl
    • http://www.staze.org/
« Reply #9 on: May 26, 2004, 12:04:35 am »
leave Sunday night.  Just come for Saturday and Sunday.  Remember, Monday is our closing day, and while stuff will be going on, our primary day will be Sunday, very much like SakuraCon's Saturday.  Sunday will basically end at 3 or so when Closing Ceremonies is.

Just a thought.  

I will say though, most people we've heard from love the date we chose, and choosing a date is nearly impossible because they either are completely unavailable for hotel space, cost too much, and even if you choose them, someone complains.  Last year was Thanksgiving weekend... and yeah, it sucked in some ways, but it was what was available.
-Staze
Founding Member, Altonimbus Entertainment
"You mean, you'll put down your rock and I'll put down my sword, and we'll try and kill each other like civilized people?"