Author Topic: 2014 Cosplay Progress Thread  (Read 630648 times)

Offline You-friend-Sushi

• Cabbit
« Reply #450 on: August 06, 2013, 11:27:16 pm »
No picture this time, but I've started working on my sandplay luka dress again. I didn't make the dress myself [bought it and was a little disappionted after excitement wore off] but I am working on making it my own.

Things I am doing/remaking:
  • Sleeves. My arms are a little bit stick like and the sleeves I recieved with them are just tubes of fabric with some pretty ribbons. Sleeves will be remade into snug sleeves with no chance of falling off no matter how much I flail. Using a different gold trim of everything.
  • Bodice. I always imagined that the bodice of Luka's dress, actually hugging her figure. Mine isn't sure what to do and tries to fall down/ pull down the top part of my dress. Though it really isn't the bodice's fault for slipping, the dress a little heavy.
  • Skirt. the skirt is too long. even with the hoopskirt underneath, adjusted as wide as it can go, it still drags on the ground causing potental tripping and would be sent away from the ball. My friend is lending me a large fluffy petticoat that should lift it off the ground with hoopskirt, but I am also pinning it up as well. I'm adding ruffly like stuff to make it a little bit more like the reference and to make it my own a little bit more. Also pinning up the top part of the skirt in bunches and puffs, with the goal of being able to hide a fanny pack since I won't have any pockets.
  • Headdress. I'm not holding my breath on remaking the flowery part of the headdress since I have found a way to make it work, though I may add a bit of my own touches to it. The chain part of it however is sad and just.... it looks very sad. I found some chains from craft stores as well as some from claires that will also work.
Lossa words. But I can't wait to show you guys the finished product c:
I typo'd my name. It's Your-friend-Sushi. Pleased to meet you. C:

Offline nikkiolie

• It's over nine THOUSAND!!!!!
    • Facebook
Re: 2013 Cosplay Progress Thread
« Reply #451 on: August 07, 2013, 06:34:03 pm »
Front and back test shot of Sasha. I still have a little more work to do. I got to make sure the straps stay up x.x

Offline PinkiePie

• Cabbit
« Reply #452 on: August 08, 2013, 12:19:07 pm »
Not really cosplaying but having cute outfits for con.

My first and thus a bit crappy lolita cord. I don't have anything really lolita yet so putting together an outfit of stuff I already had. The skirt I bought a while back and was starting point for the outfit. There is a petticoat underneath. Still working on the finishing touches, mainly the shirt. I just don't know what to do with my hair. D:

Then my catgirl self. Mainly pink hair and white tail and ears. Then just regular clothes. Recently got the wig, too cute! :o Will be wearing this while working too so yeah.

Miiigght work on a casual human Pinkie Pie, if anyone thinks the wig would work with her.
~ Kumoricon 2013 // Working: Merchandise Staff, Library Staff // Wearing: Lolita, Catgirl ~

Offline Washougal_Otaku

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #453 on: August 08, 2013, 01:18:22 pm »
Yeah, that's work, depending on the outfit...

Update for me: I finally shaved my face!  Next: my limbs... ugh...
My cosplay plans for 2022 (thus far): Vanir from Konosuba
My son's plans this year (thus far): Penguin Chiyo-chan from Azumanga Daioh

Offline ichigo_m.

• Catgirl
    • OhMyCosplay
« Reply #454 on: August 08, 2013, 02:48:58 pm »
Your wig would be super cute for Pinkie! And your Chord is cute too! (:

Today I was able to finish Lyfa! :D [image]

And I'm almost done with Celestia, but I don't know how I want to do the sash if I even want to have one. /:
Thoughts? Image here! :D

I'm also almost done with Sakura, however her wings are giving me a challenge. I'm going to work more on them tomorrow.
Now it's crunch time. Gotta get all these idolmaster outfits done...

Kumoricon 2014: Pearl - Sakizou. Princess Serenity - Sailor Moon. Undine Asuna - SAO. Zelda - A Link Between Worlds.

Offline TalaRedWolf33

• Bunnygirl
    • Full Moon Crochet
« Reply #455 on: August 08, 2013, 03:37:48 pm »
Oh, i thought you were doing Candence o.o Did you change your cosplay?

Offline TalaRedWolf33

• Bunnygirl
    • Full Moon Crochet
« Reply #456 on: August 08, 2013, 03:39:45 pm »
I like option number 2 btw

Offline ichigo_m.

• Catgirl
    • OhMyCosplay
« Reply #457 on: August 08, 2013, 05:22:52 pm »
I am still doing cadence. (: My friend is going to be Celestia with me. (:

Speaking of I just finished Cadence! :DDD
Kumoricon 2014: Pearl - Sakizou. Princess Serenity - Sailor Moon. Undine Asuna - SAO. Zelda - A Link Between Worlds.

Offline stencilSparkler

• Cabbit
« Reply #458 on: August 08, 2013, 05:36:50 pm »
welp. i just got my blouse and shoes for my lolitastuck ms. paint outfit, but unfortunately the shoes are too small ( like my toe hits the front and it hurts to walk, and i can barely get the straps on), so we're gonna have to stretch them out or something. my mom and i are making the dress, and we're about to sew the bodice and skirt together (then itll actually look like a dress).  i just hope the shoes will work out, or else ill just have to borrow my moms old mary janes again, and ill have wasted sixty dollars on these damn shoes.
kcon 2012: trickster rose lalonde (homestuck)

Offline TalaRedWolf33

• Bunnygirl
    • Full Moon Crochet
« Reply #459 on: August 09, 2013, 10:33:25 am »
Oh yay! I can't wait to see it ^-^ Candence really is super cute, and you don't really ever see cosplays of her that often.

Offline EveofAbyss

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #460 on: August 09, 2013, 01:22:24 pm »
Been cutting down the expanding foam for Baku's sword. I have a question. To those who have used expanding foam before, what do you do about the deflation? Every time I use expanding foam, it deflates somewhat. Cutting it into a shape is a little problematic, because it just keeps gradually shrinking. 'Sup with that?

Buy my book of poems!
Lord Otaku commands you!

Offline Sailor-Jeimi

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
« Reply #461 on: August 09, 2013, 02:56:41 pm »
Started my Ruby scythe from RWBY.
http://www.cosplay.com/photo/3418755/
This obviously isn't for this con, but still lol

Offline CaptnPoptart

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #462 on: August 09, 2013, 09:59:55 pm »
Rainbow Dash

What's finished recently:

-Made plush wings and pinned them to my coat
-Made plush ears
How did you make your ears? I've made ears before but when i went to make them yesterday, i completely blanked and couldn't figure it out at all.

I made them really simple, honestly. I had leftover blue fabric from making my wings, so i just drew out the ear-shape as how i draw them, stitched and cut, and stuffed them lightly (they look a little like devil hons if i keep them at the wrong angle Cx )
Good News and Bad News.
Bad news is I can't go to Kumoricon the whole weekend because of costs and drivers ed.

GOOD NEWS is that if I can raise enough money I can go for Saturday all day as Espurr (Pokemon X/Y)
Hope to see you all then! <3

Offline veraca

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #463 on: August 10, 2013, 01:45:13 pm »
So the stuff involving fabric, I haven't done anything with... But I did gesso the pauldron and then got the base coat of silver on today. Most of stuff that's metal painted is finished being painted. I just turned the pauldron over to inspect the inside for cracks and had to repair a huge crack with glue, so we'll see how that holds up. I might need to add more after the first bit dries.

Dreaming is easy, dreamwalking is hard.
Kumori'15
Kanata (Trinity Universe)

Offline Lin

• Catgirl
« Reply #464 on: August 10, 2013, 11:14:41 pm »
Got all my make-up so here is half a Mr. Popo and half a Mr. Popo in the dark cause I couldn't help myself! XD
Secrety secrets!

Offline Sailor-Jeimi

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
« Reply #465 on: August 10, 2013, 11:36:16 pm »
Got all my make-up so here is half a Mr. Popo and half a Mr. Popo in the dark cause I couldn't help myself! XD

That is just way too awesome

Offline Lin

• Catgirl
« Reply #466 on: August 11, 2013, 11:27:23 am »

That is just way too awesome
Thank you!  :D
Secrety secrets!

Offline ichigo_m.

• Catgirl
    • OhMyCosplay
« Reply #467 on: August 11, 2013, 05:32:19 pm »
Few! I made 11 sashes and 4 bodices today for my Idolm@ster group! I'm tuckered out!

(FYI we're still looking for 3 more girls! Let me know if you're interested in joining! :D )

Offline nikkiolie

• Facebook
« Reply #468 on: August 11, 2013, 08:25:01 pm »
I got my gear done tonight. I am so happy to be done with it. I'm sure there will be a few more minor adjustments between now and con. But nothing too major

Offline veraca

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #469 on: August 13, 2013, 05:24:35 pm »
Spent most of the afternoon working on the pouch. I scaled it down from 3 pockets to 2, but there is room for me to add a tinier small one on the front if I want. Which I might end up doing. I have to make 2 more belts still, but it's a lot of progress done. I also bought a lanyard today and it should be here in the next week :)

I just have to get the shirt made, buy a zipper and paint, make the boot covers woo!
Kumori'15

Offline kit2kit

• Catgirl
    • Tumblr
« Reply #470 on: August 15, 2013, 10:29:18 pm »
Im almost done with Joe all I need to do is style the wig
(heres a terribly lit photo~)
'16 Cosplay
Suzuya (Tokyo Ghoul) // Magic!Betty (Adventure Time)

Offline ichigo_m.

• Catgirl
    • OhMyCosplay
« Reply #471 on: August 16, 2013, 12:36:54 pm »
OMG you are so cute!! :D

Offline kit2kit

• Catgirl
    • Tumblr
« Reply #472 on: August 16, 2013, 01:07:15 pm »
OMG you are so cute!! :D
wow, thank you~ 'w'
'16 Cosplay
Suzuya (Tokyo Ghoul) // Magic!Betty (Adventure Time)

Offline veraca

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #473 on: August 16, 2013, 10:55:44 pm »
I love it! Digimon cosplayers!~ <3

My day was a bit of drama lol
All that issue with my thread being a *** to me, I accidently slipped and changed the stitch length and now it works? Seriously? After I fought with it during the entire jacket, skirt, cape, pockets and most of the pouch? NOW it works?!
Finished the 2 bands for the red pouch, giving them slack so I can safety pin them tighter when wearing it. I couldn't find the dark brown twill the skirt's made out of- so I made due and used the knit to make the belt holders- and lo'and behold! The twill was out in the kitchen... Of course *rolls eyes*
I also made and sewed on the little brown clippy things to the jacket, and cut out the gloves.
Also, Neku's lanyard came in the mail today!~ <3
Next on the list: shirt, boot covers, pauldron, and belt. And some fine details^^
Kumori'15

Offline Prince McKupo

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #474 on: August 17, 2013, 09:59:02 pm »
Got pics of some of the swag that the human-form moogle will be using!  More to come once more materials/pieces are delivered! (I work full-time, swing-shift, so I really have to rely on UPS/USPS for a grand majority of what I need since most places are closed by the time I get off work... :'( )

I was able to fashion a spear for moogle usage, using a dismantled broom shaft and a blunted spearhead I was able to convince my former theatre prop manager to part with.  The broom shaft is much sturdier than anything the spearhead (which is surprisingly high-quality steel) used to be attached to -- what I did was drill a screw all the way through one side of the bottom of the spearhead, through the shaft, then out the other side.  After ensuring that the spearhead will hold tight without any possibility of budging, I filed down the part of the screw that was sticking out for aesthetic (and safety) purposes.

And yes, that is a cat's spring toy I am using for the pom-pom on the moogle ears headpiece...
:P
Prince McKupo is back in the action, baby!  Kupo!  Now, as for my "cooling down" cosplay: Jude Mathis, with both his Xillia 1 (100%) and Xillia 2 (100%) outfits.

Offline You-friend-Sushi

• Cabbit
« Reply #475 on: August 20, 2013, 01:14:21 am »
I've been working hard on my sandplay cosplay and am happy that things are finally coming together.
I finally got all my tulle cut for the skirt a few days ago and also finished the first layer of ruffles of the skirt. When I went to get my camera, the kitty decided that my dress was the best place to lay down, so this was the best picture I could take with her on it. The top part of the bottom skirt has been pinned and sewn so it is no longer dragging on the ground, endangering the lives of those around me.*
I ordered a corset yesterday and it will hopefully arrive before we leave on the 30th. I will probably be sewing the appliques at the hotel weither or not if I have time at home. Mostly because not doing some sort of crafty thing on day 0 hotel chill time just seems.... bizzare.
Gloves need to be sewn back together and I gotta locate the headress and buttbow @n@; I also found some shoes that give me some height but they are the tallest heels I've ever worn [y'all have been warned XD ]
The last thing that is giving me problems is nail polish. I don't know what color to have my nails for that day o3o I cannot decide between: Silver, Purple, blue, or maybe a medium pink. Any suggestions?
I typo'd my name. It's Your-friend-Sushi. Pleased to meet you. C:

Offline HoshiMegamiNoMiko

• Cabbit
    • the-empress-celes
« Reply #476 on: August 20, 2013, 04:47:02 am »
I finished my Matin cosplay! :D

I also finished my Sayaka cosplay too. None of my cosplays I made this year look too good though, compared to last year >_>; I suppose they're better than nothing though. I know I could've done better though u_u Also sorry for the terrible camera angle on the first picture. I'm totally not too lazy to retake.

Badge name: Celes Zalphumia

Offline YUme

• Sailor Scout
    • dA
« Reply #477 on: August 20, 2013, 01:52:06 pm »
@ichigo_m: Which characters still need to be filled LOL?

Offline ichigo_m.

• Catgirl
    • OhMyCosplay
« Reply #478 on: August 20, 2013, 03:48:43 pm »
@ YUme for the IMS group?
We still need Iori, Hibiki, Haruka and Ami. (:
But it may be a little late in the game for you to join unless you're really fast at sewing. (:
« Last Edit: August 20, 2013, 03:49:16 pm by ichigo_m. »

Offline YUme

• Sailor Scout
    • dA
« Reply #479 on: August 20, 2013, 04:03:12 pm »
@ichigo: FFF I was just wondering LOL I really hope you guys can get the whole cast though asodufh

Offline nekovamp13

• DeviantART
« Reply #480 on: August 21, 2013, 01:44:59 am »
I would post pictures, but I'm trying to keep something a surprise ^^

Anywho, Ice King is almost done. I'm remaking his crown and then he'll be ready to steal Princesses again!

I'm working on a new creation of mine and she's turning out really well~
I need to get some things from Joanns soon so I can hopefully finish her up.

I'm hoping to have everything done by next week so I'm not stressing like I do every year ^^;
~Sakuracon/Kumoricon 2014~
King Candy (Sugar Rush)
Dot (Animaniacs)
Ice King (Adventure Time)
Beetlejuice (Animated Series)
Cosmo (FOP)
Octodad (Octodad)

https://www.facebook.com/smilingmooncosplay

Offline Washougal_Otaku

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #481 on: August 21, 2013, 09:28:46 am »
I bought my son a onesee for a Gummy cosplay; now I will be trying to get a Pinkie Pie cosplay together.

Offline Sailor-Jeimi

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
« Reply #482 on: August 21, 2013, 02:17:16 pm »

Finished my visual Kei outfit (at least for now). This one will be my con outfit if my bodyline one doesn't make it in time (which I feel it won't)

Offline TalaRedWolf33

• Bunnygirl
    • Full Moon Crochet
« Reply #483 on: August 21, 2013, 05:57:57 pm »
I am just about done with Pinkie Pie. Ears are done, cutiemark is cut out, and i got a new pink shirt that goes with my pink skirt.
I'm conflicted though.. should i do two cutiemarks, or just one in the corner of the skirt?

Offline DufenDorgen

• Cabbit
« Reply #484 on: August 21, 2013, 07:21:53 pm »
King cosplay progress, almost done.
I sell snake oil and snake oil accessories. ;)

Offline ichigo_m.

• Catgirl
    • OhMyCosplay
« Reply #485 on: August 22, 2013, 01:50:22 pm »
PROGRESSSSSS! :DDD
I'm almost done with all of my costumes!! :DDDDD
All that's left is a bunch of butt bows for the IMS girls! :D YAYAYAYAY!

Also quick public service announcement.
My friend and I are going to be walking around in huge hoop skirts and giant wings and she'll have a huge staff on day 1. So if you see up please try not to bump into us and if you want a picture make sure we're not in the middle of the hall. xD Thx. lolz. XD Also, sorry in advance....
Anyway!
Photos! :
« Last Edit: August 22, 2013, 01:51:08 pm by ichigo_m. »

Offline veraca

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #486 on: August 22, 2013, 03:09:57 pm »
Finished painting the pauldron last night~ :D
Kumori'15

Offline EveofAbyss

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #487 on: August 22, 2013, 06:02:13 pm »
That pauldron looks awesome, Veraca. I look forward to seeing the full outfit.

As for me, I made ears. That's what I did today.

Hopefully, tomorrow I can figure out how to attach them to Baku's hat and then finish his sword.

Buy my book of poems!
Lord Otaku commands you!

Offline veraca

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #488 on: August 22, 2013, 11:47:01 pm »
I'm actually in the same boat of "how to attach?" I'm leaning toward using some bias tape and velcro as probably the best option for it to stay on well and still be adjustable~ :D
Kumori'15

Offline baka-imouto

• Chibi
    • Tumblr
« Reply #489 on: August 23, 2013, 12:23:14 am »
Almost done with Teutonic Knights Prussia!

All that's left is to cut the wig, finish my pants, and fix the sleeves!!
Kumoricon 2016: (Days are undecided so far)

Halloween 2010 Prussia (In progress- prop and cosplay started)
Halloween 2011 slave Prussia (In progress- cosplay finished and props started)
Cardverse Prussia (Well.. I have the pattern. -shrugs-)

Offline TalaRedWolf33

• Bunnygirl
    • Full Moon Crochet
« Reply #490 on: August 23, 2013, 09:09:49 am »
That pauldron looks awesome, Veraca. I look forward to seeing the full outfit.

As for me, I made ears. That's what I did today.

Hopefully, tomorrow I can figure out how to attach them to Baku's hat and then finish his sword.

What does the hat look like? I just recently attached some fox ears to a had for a friend, with magnetic button hole snap things. Worked great.

Offline EveofAbyss

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #491 on: August 23, 2013, 11:59:56 am »
Oh, the hat is a leather pilot cap. I actually figured it out and just got the hat/ear combo finished. Thanks for offering help though! What I did was cut a slit and push the ears through with some fabric folded inside, which I then hot glued to the inside of the hat like a hook. So, they're anchored in there quite well.

I now just have to make Baku's vest, modify his shorts, make several cuffs and finish his sword!

Buy my book of poems!
Lord Otaku commands you!

Offline nekovamp13

• DeviantART
« Reply #492 on: August 23, 2013, 04:51:09 pm »
Progress on my original cosplay~
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=498254513593906&set=a.264679766951383.66868.263651763720850&type=1&theater

I just need to make the sleeves and she done!
~Sakuracon/Kumoricon 2014~
King Candy (Sugar Rush)
Dot (Animaniacs)
Ice King (Adventure Time)
Beetlejuice (Animated Series)
Cosmo (FOP)
Octodad (Octodad)

https://www.facebook.com/smilingmooncosplay

Offline veraca

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #493 on: August 24, 2013, 04:51:11 pm »
Finished working on the gloves today- they're 100% done! *throws confetti in the air* And finished one of the arm bands. I just have to do the other 2 arm bands, and then sew the closures to the shirt and I'm done.
Kumori'15

Offline Washougal_Otaku

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #494 on: August 25, 2013, 08:11:29 am »
My Pinkie Pie wig has been found!  I'm not sure if I'll have different pants, but I would like to get some glove, and possibly a jean vest thingy, maybe a new shirt...

I still need to look for my Sailor Neptune pieces; it's gonna be hard since I'll be spending all day watching my son...

Offline AnimalCrossing

• Cabbit
« Reply #495 on: August 25, 2013, 09:47:44 am »
I finished my reese cosplay just in time for the con!!!

Offline Washougal_Otaku

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #496 on: August 25, 2013, 11:47:11 am »
On account of my plans for today being cancelled on me, there is time to look for stuff.  I have now found everything for my Sailor Neptune costume, except for the tiara-thing.  Oh, and I should still attempt to alter my shoes...

Offline Jotaku

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #497 on: August 25, 2013, 12:21:50 pm »
Hey cuties so I'm not the only one running around in a cosplay panic week before con right?

I swear every year I tell myself I will get my outfits done in advance and EVERY TIME IT DOESN'T HAPPEN.
Now here I am trying to make an Attack on Titan cosplay in a week /weeps into hands

I've alread pulled together my Pleinair cosplay for the most part. Gotta do the shoes still
Eren I'm working on the jacket now. Plan to finish that and editing a shirt to have the right neckline today
....still have the harness to make though, and because I'm a cosplay masochist, the boots, as well.
Kumoricon '13 Lineup
Day 0; Pleinair (Disgaea)
Day 1; Eren Jaeger (Attack on Titan), Meenah (Homestuck)
Day 2; Aradisprite in morning (Homestuck)
Day 3; ??? Dunno either Eren or Pleinair

Offline veraca

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #498 on: August 25, 2013, 11:42:10 pm »
I had just enough time today to finish the arm bands and hand sewing some things. Just have to do one more piece which requires math ;o; But after that, I'm done!
Kumori'15

Offline bunny_jean

• Catgirl
« Reply #499 on: August 26, 2013, 06:56:37 am »
Sailor scouts are coming together. Just had two work weekends in a row and I'm confident we'll have all of the regular scouts (moon, mercury, venus, mars, jupiter, saturn, uranus, neptune, pluto). I'm making jupiter and uranus, and doing some stuff for pluto. Really close to only having hand sewing to do! I'll post pictures later, but you should look for us on Saturday!
Line up:
-Kageyama (Haikyuu)
-Cordelia (Fire Emblem Awakening)
-Marauder Ashe (League of Legends)
-??? Who knows what else. Probably a cosplay I can wear my glasses with.