Author Topic: 2014 Cosplay Progress Thread  (Read 630079 times)

Offline Titus_Love_Doll

• Bunnygirl
Re: 2013 Cosplay Progress Thread
« Reply #50 on: September 13, 2012, 04:39:59 pm »
got fabric and all the good stuff making meh cosplay

Offline veraca

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #51 on: September 16, 2012, 10:23:19 pm »
Plotting a new costume, and looking into elwiring for it.
Dreaming is easy, dreamwalking is hard.
Kumori'15
Kanata (Trinity Universe)

Offline CaptnPoptart

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #52 on: September 17, 2012, 03:11:45 pm »
Well, I finally made some progress on Fluttershy (yay.)

So my main plan for her is to make a cute, yellow sundress for her with leggings (either brown or yellow...). I was at my local Joanne's about a week or two ago and I found a good dress pattern for her. Since I plan on actually losing weight for next year (about 20-30 lbs.) I'm going to wait on making the actual dress until I meet my goal.

Medic, I haven't started yet (because of my diet plan.). However I am looking for a lab coat pattern that I can use. I may as well work on the props (ubergun, medipack, Archimedes...) I need, which WILL take time (especially the ubergun. Uhg...)
« Last Edit: September 17, 2012, 03:12:23 pm by CaptnPoptart »
Good News and Bad News.
Bad news is I can't go to Kumoricon the whole weekend because of costs and drivers ed.

GOOD NEWS is that if I can raise enough money I can go for Saturday all day as Espurr (Pokemon X/Y)
Hope to see you all then! <3

Offline Titus_Love_Doll

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #53 on: September 17, 2012, 05:00:10 pm »

Got my line up all ready.  Kagura and Velma I will be wearing to Sakuracon as well.  Tomorrow I start buying the materials to make Deunan Knutes weapons and her armor pieces.  In June I will be making a full body form, buy a Zentai suit for underneath and start building on that all summer.  Did the figuring in my head and this build will cost me about $400 to make.  Her night vision goggle will have electro luminesent wire so it will glow.  The ESWAT emblems and her short sword will get chromed as well.  The assult rifle is gonna get a laser sight put in.  no wig for that cosplay.  gonna get my hair cut and dyed to match.  Entering that cosplay into the cosplay contest for sure.  I have a friend that is gonna build Brearios as well.  He has already started making his 5 1/2 foot long assult "cannon"

Already have Kagura's fans, they just need to be painted and dyed.  I also found a good cosplay site that has an awesome Kagura kimono and wig that I will buy with my tax return.  As for Velma she should be pretty easy to put together and I will have to find a good brown wig for her.

I might bring out Desert Punk again next year and this time I won't forget his cape at home.  LOL

>3 you gonna joine our inuyasha group for 2013

Offline ichigo_m.

• Catgirl
    • OhMyCosplay
« Reply #54 on: September 17, 2012, 05:34:57 pm »
I'm making a costume from Phantom of the Opera for Halloween (Christine's Masquerade Dress for those familiar with ALW stage show.) Though I'm not sure if I should wear it at k-con. Mostly for lack of noticeably. xP
Thoughts?
Kumoricon 2014: Pearl - Sakizou. Princess Serenity - Sailor Moon. Undine Asuna - SAO. Zelda - A Link Between Worlds.

Offline Wrath-Chan19

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #55 on: September 17, 2012, 06:35:02 pm »
I think once again I have planed way too much to work on this year

Remilia Scarlet from The Touhou Project (I'm also making my friend's Flandre costume)
Trainer Red from Pokemon
and
My Sailor Moon OC Sailor Cosmic

Luckily I'll have most of Red finished way before Con since it's my Halloween Costume, I got some fabric for Sailor Cosmic already, and I'm reusing a Alice Human Sacrifice Meiko dress my mom made a few years back for Flandre! But the wings for two Touhou costumes will be hard.
Then I got my plans for Wonder Northwest! Which are going to be hard because I'll be trying to work with lights for the first time
« Last Edit: September 17, 2012, 06:37:19 pm by Wrath-Chan19 »
I rarely get on here anymore, if you want to chat hit me up on Cosplay.com. I my username is Loveable-Eve

Offline Drauska

• Catgirl
« Reply #56 on: September 17, 2012, 08:34:28 pm »

Got my line up all ready.  Kagura and Velma I will be wearing to Sakuracon as well.  Tomorrow I start buying the materials to make Deunan Knutes weapons and her armor pieces.  In June I will be making a full body form, buy a Zentai suit for underneath and start building on that all summer.  Did the figuring in my head and this build will cost me about $400 to make.  Her night vision goggle will have electro luminesent wire so it will glow.  The ESWAT emblems and her short sword will get chromed as well.  The assult rifle is gonna get a laser sight put in.  no wig for that cosplay.  gonna get my hair cut and dyed to match.  Entering that cosplay into the cosplay contest for sure.  I have a friend that is gonna build Brearios as well.  He has already started making his 5 1/2 foot long assult "cannon"

Already have Kagura's fans, they just need to be painted and dyed.  I also found a good cosplay site that has an awesome Kagura kimono and wig that I will buy with my tax return.  As for Velma she should be pretty easy to put together and I will have to find a good brown wig for her.

I might bring out Desert Punk again next year and this time I won't forget his cape at home.  LOL

>3 you gonna joine our inuyasha group for 2013

I could but my line up is very specific.  I was just gonna wear Kagura for Day 0.  But I might put it on for a photoshoot if it don't interfer with panels and stuff.  My sister is gonna go as Kanna for Sak.  Maybe she will take that to Kumo as well.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2012, 08:35:25 pm by Drauska »

Offline princess_of_zeal

• Catgirl
« Reply #57 on: September 18, 2012, 08:32:48 pm »
Android 18 shirts, belt buckle and wig have been ordered!  When the shirts get here it'll be time sand paper them!  (Post battle look)  Might rit dye the wig a bit to make it a bit more yellow.  Then it'll be time to trim the wig and practice styling it.  Going to spray paint the belt buckle metallic gold. Yay!

Offline ironavenger

• Sailor Scout
    • Assembled Impersonations
« Reply #58 on: September 18, 2012, 10:24:34 pm »
Next year I will be sporting a revamped Iron Man. Also we will have a special guest coming with our group..... War-Machine.

Offline princessmoon

• Catgirl
    • Instagram: 10g10k
« Reply #59 on: September 19, 2012, 06:34:03 pm »
Next year I will be sporting a revamped Iron Man. Also we will have a special guest coming with our group..... War-Machine.

E-P-I-C! ! !
And so it begins...

Offline EmAino

• Chibi
« Reply #60 on: September 20, 2012, 01:57:26 pm »
Got my t-shirt for Nepeta in the mail today. :D

And finalized my lineup for 2013. :D
Sakuracon 2014
Kyoko Sakura - Puella Magi Madoka Magica
Yugito Nii - Naruto Shippuden
Sailor Jupiter - Sailor Moon

Kumoricon
God Tier Jane Crocker - Homestuck
Sailor Jupiter - Sailor Moon
Kyoko Sakura - Puella Magi Madoka Magica
Komachi Onozuka - Touhou

Offline Black~Rose

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
« Reply #61 on: September 20, 2012, 02:30:48 pm »
My plans have changed. I have a secret cosplay that will be debuted on Day 1. Still focusing on Juliet and I will also be adding Doll from the circus in Black Butler.

Offline kit2kit

• Catgirl
    • Tumblr
« Reply #62 on: September 20, 2012, 02:55:21 pm »
Yesterday I decided to do God!Madoka
I am so pumped. I did some planning like I drew a sketch, listed what I need, did price estimating and all that good stuff.
Ive been wanting to cosplay from this show for the pass 2 years ;u;
« Last Edit: September 20, 2012, 02:56:40 pm by kit2kit »
'16 Cosplay
Suzuya (Tokyo Ghoul) // Magic!Betty (Adventure Time)

Offline nekovamp13

• It's over nine THOUSAND!!!!!
    • DeviantART
« Reply #63 on: September 20, 2012, 03:32:28 pm »
Found out I have a wonderful wig that will work for Axel, so I'm finally cosplaying him. I sewed the widow's peak on and dyed the wig a little redder (since it was a little orangey). Now it's staring at me telling me to style it..........
~Sakuracon/Kumoricon 2014~
King Candy (Sugar Rush)
Dot (Animaniacs)
Ice King (Adventure Time)
Beetlejuice (Animated Series)
Cosmo (FOP)
Octodad (Octodad)

https://www.facebook.com/smilingmooncosplay

Offline kappa roll

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #64 on: September 20, 2012, 04:32:01 pm »
Yesterday I decided to do God!Madoka
I am so pumped. I did some planning like I drew a sketch, listed what I need, did price estimating and all that good stuff.
Ive been wanting to cosplay from this show for the pass 2 years ;u;

oh man, that's gonna be amazing. can't wait to see!

i think i've finalized my lineup, but nothing's ever set in stone until the con is happening, but i've also finished 'redesigning' my witch of doon costume. i'm gonna jingle! :3

| roxy lalonde (100%) | kh2 sora (0%) | akira agarkar yamada (25%) | judal (100%) | fem!trickster!god tier! john (100%) |

Offline Kdskc

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #65 on: September 20, 2012, 05:04:08 pm »
I ordered my wig for Prussia yesterday!  ;D  I can't wait for it to get here!
Cosplay ideas for KumoriCon 2014:
Historia Reiss/Christa Renz - Shingeki no Kyojin
Levi - Shingeki no Kyojin
Shion - No. 6

Offline Drauska

• Catgirl
« Reply #66 on: September 21, 2012, 10:30:23 am »
Get to pick up my new airbrush system at the UPS office tomorrow morning.  SQUEE!!!!

Offline nekovamp13

• DeviantART
« Reply #67 on: September 21, 2012, 11:08:56 am »
My friends and I are going to be derping around as Avengers....
Can you guess which one I got stuck with~
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=353984191354273&set=a.264679766951383.66868.263651763720850&type=1&theater
King Candy (Sugar Rush)
Dot (Animaniacs)
Cosmo (FOP)
Octodad (Octodad)

Offline Wrath-Chan19

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #68 on: September 21, 2012, 11:45:37 am »
I think you'll make an awesome Bruce
« Last Edit: September 21, 2012, 11:46:38 am by Wrath-Chan19 »
I rarely get on here anymore, if you want to chat hit me up on Cosplay.com. I my username is Loveable-Eve

Offline Lady In Red

• Sailor Scout
    • Tumblr
« Reply #69 on: September 21, 2012, 11:34:28 pm »
Large image warning!
So my Meenah fins are all done! : D

Kumori-con 2013 cosplay plans:
Day zero: Sollux Captor
Day one: Meenah peixes
Day two: Fem! Grand highblood.
Day three: We leave at about 1:30 pm, and it's a long drive home, so no cosplay on day three. Too much make up to take on and off, haha.

Offline kappa roll

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #70 on: September 21, 2012, 11:59:49 pm »
oh my god lady!

they look sooo goooooood!

just ordered socks for witch of doom! yay!

| roxy lalonde (100%) | kh2 sora (0%) | akira agarkar yamada (25%) | judal (100%) | fem!trickster!god tier! john (100%) |

Offline Naruchan

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #71 on: September 22, 2012, 12:54:14 am »
I got the Base for my Captain America Shield came today!8D I marked how big I wanted it, and I plan to actually cut it down a bit, rather then just keep it as is.

I also did a paint strip test on the back and the metal is showing through pretty well! 8D
Next con: Kumori-con

Offline ironavenger

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #72 on: September 22, 2012, 10:27:38 am »
I got the Base for my Captain America Shield came today!8D I marked how big I wanted it, and I plan to actually cut it down a bit, rather then just keep it as is.

I also did a paint strip test on the back and the metal is showing through pretty well! 8D

Nice more avengers!

Offline Drauska

• Catgirl
« Reply #73 on: September 22, 2012, 10:51:47 am »
^^  is that a saucer sled?  for Captain America's Shield.  Nice Vibranium!!

Offline Naruchan

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #74 on: September 22, 2012, 04:47:49 pm »
^ Yes it is! I really wanted to make a metal one, But I didn't wanna have to print out Pepekura patterns and then cut them out of Metal sheeting. I found it this to be the best base! 8D

Offline ironavenger

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #75 on: September 22, 2012, 07:48:11 pm »
I bought a plastic Cap. America shield at Hot Topic. Now to reinforce it for a better more durable prop. I'm really looking forward to see how your's turns out.

Offline Naruchan

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #76 on: September 23, 2012, 04:35:30 am »
Thanks! <3 8D The support is very good to hear, because my parents think I'm a crazy. XD On that note, I plan on using my next paycheck, which I get on Tuesday to pick up some more things for my shield! Aluminum sheet metal, some Rivets, strippig pads and JB Weld. The most important thing is I need to get a metal shear and a Dremel. This is my first big prop, but after this I plan to make more. So I'm investing even further into this hobby, and it makes me proud! 8D

Offline CaptnPoptart

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #77 on: September 23, 2012, 05:31:19 pm »
Finally have progress on FEM! Medic. Bought some $1 gloves yesterday :-D (they smell like oranges too~!)
Good News and Bad News.
Bad news is I can't go to Kumoricon the whole weekend because of costs and drivers ed.

GOOD NEWS is that if I can raise enough money I can go for Saturday all day as Espurr (Pokemon X/Y)
Hope to see you all then! <3

Offline kappa roll

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #78 on: September 23, 2012, 08:10:23 pm »
remade my horns for ??? makara, and got a shirt to use as a base for stenciling. hyuuuussssss.

Offline nekovamp13

• DeviantART
« Reply #79 on: September 24, 2012, 02:05:50 am »
I finally started styling Axel~
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=354989994587026&set=a.264679766951383.66868.263651763720850&type=1&theater
I'm very happy with how it's turning out so far ^^ I'll be working on it more tomorrow.

As well, I'm going Goodwill hunting~ Planning on doing Halloween Town versions with my Roxas ^^
King Candy (Sugar Rush)
Dot (Animaniacs)
Cosmo (FOP)
Octodad (Octodad)

Offline Drauska

• Catgirl
« Reply #80 on: September 24, 2012, 09:12:52 am »
^ Yes it is! I really wanted to make a metal one, But I didn't wanna have to print out Pepekura patterns and then cut them out of Metal sheeting. I found it this to be the best base! 8D

You're gonna have fun carrying that thing around all day.  I would use a sheet of fosshape and use the sled as a mold to get the correct shape.  Then use resin to harden it even further.  Then I would use colored chrom to paint it and add the arm straps underneath.

But using a saucer sled...Awesome idea!  Perfect shape.

Offline Drauska

• Catgirl
« Reply #81 on: September 24, 2012, 09:16:37 am »
Thanks! <3 8D The support is very good to hear, because my parents think I'm a crazy. XD On that note, I plan on using my next paycheck, which I get on Tuesday to pick up some more things for my shield! Aluminum sheet metal, some Rivets, strippig pads and JB Weld. The most important thing is I need to get a metal shear and a Dremel. This is my first big prop, but after this I plan to make more. So I'm investing even further into this hobby, and it makes me proud! 8D

The Dremel is the best investment into cosplay props you can get.

Offline kappa roll

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #82 on: September 24, 2012, 01:11:10 pm »
i got a base shirt for my karloz makara costume! gonna start working on the stencil today.

i also re-sanded/painted my horns, and they look about a million times better.

still looking into white mesh contacts...anybody have any suggestions on a good site/brand?

and wig. i'm gonna need a wig.

edit: first bit of the stenciling on the shirt is done!
« Last Edit: September 24, 2012, 06:46:14 pm by kappa roll »

Offline Naruchan

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #83 on: September 24, 2012, 06:43:50 pm »

You're gonna have fun carrying that thing around all day.  I would use a sheet of fosshape and use the sled as a mold to get the correct shape.  Then use resin to harden it even further.  Then I would use colored chrom to paint it and add the arm straps underneath.

But using a saucer sled...Awesome idea!  Perfect shape.
I reason I'm using the seld itself and not using it as a mold like you suggest, is because If I use actual metal, it looks more authentic. I plan on this costume being the height of my cosplay career, the best I have made to date, so I'm looking to make it perfect, plus, all the working out that I'll be doing to get the body shape I want, Pffft, carrying a 5 pound thing on my arm shouldn't be a problem. XD
I agree, a Dremel I could use in many different ways. I'm excited to own one!

Offline Tanuki19

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #84 on: September 25, 2012, 04:10:28 pm »
My best friend and I started planning out our Little Sister cosplays for Sakuracon so that's progress, I guess XD

Offline Tranny

• Catgirl
« Reply #85 on: September 25, 2012, 05:42:42 pm »
Got my Fluttershy wig in yesterday It's so Pretty ^^ ♥ and Just ordered the pattern I'm going to use for my Mistress 9 Costume It's practically perfect.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2012, 08:23:39 am by Tranny »

Offline Wrath-Chan19

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #86 on: September 25, 2012, 08:07:21 pm »
So I shall be fitting the Flandre dress to my friend hopefully by Thursday.

Offline toonafeesh

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #87 on: September 25, 2012, 10:21:23 pm »
Well, my hopefuls for this coming year are:

Yuffi Kisaragi (FF)
Queen Chrysalis (MLP)
Megara (Hercules)
Clare (Claymore)
Hokuto (Shikabane Hime)
Francesca Lucchini (Strike Witches)
Shiek (Zelda)
Kidagakash (Atlantis)

But now lets be realistic. The ones that have the highest probability of actually getting done are Yuffi, Chrysalis, Hokuto, Francesca, and possibly Clare if I don't go to Summer Camp.

Offline Naruchan

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #88 on: September 26, 2012, 03:46:11 am »
8D Went to walmart and got some of the supplies on my loooong list for my shield, and I came home to find that the other main part of the metal backing I needed came in the mail! 8D Soooo excited. I may have all of the supplies by this week! 8D I plan on the main construction only taking a few days, but I'm excited to start!
the second I got it I mapped out the cutting points!

sorry for the big pic!

Offline Naruchan

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #89 on: September 27, 2012, 03:26:09 am »
lol more progress.

Offline Drauska

• Catgirl
« Reply #90 on: September 27, 2012, 07:28:33 am »
^^ Looking good Naruchan

Offline Tanuki19

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #91 on: September 28, 2012, 04:09:13 pm »
Got fabric for my Little Sister dress today and I should start sewing soon.

Offline Wrath-Chan19

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #92 on: October 01, 2012, 02:05:10 pm »
I am pretty sure I have a Flandre wig (My old namine wig most likely will work)
I've just been forgeting the bring the dress to school to fit it on my friend
Red hat is nearly done, just need to be fine tuned.

Naru I have to say that your shield is making me very happy

Offline Naruchan

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #93 on: October 01, 2012, 07:15:35 pm »
@Drauska and Wrath- 8D Thank you! I have the special metalic paint I'll be using and the Metal shears on the way! I couldn't find the metal shears anywhere as cheap as I found them online, so! They should be here within the next few days, and then the actual construction can begin! 8D I'm so excited!

Offline Kdskc

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #94 on: October 02, 2012, 04:21:36 pm »
YAY!!! My Prussia wig just got here and it is AWESOME!!!  ;D 
Cosplay ideas for KumoriCon 2014:
Historia Reiss/Christa Renz - Shingeki no Kyojin
Levi - Shingeki no Kyojin
Shion - No. 6

Offline Drauska

• Catgirl
« Reply #95 on: October 04, 2012, 07:51:28 am »
As soon as my blank stencil sheets come in i can start making my Deunan Knute Assult rifle, side arm, and dagger.  They are out for Delivery today.  here's to luck that they leave it on my door step.  Woot!!

Just ordered a one gallon smoothcast resin yesterday that when mixed is 2 gallons of resin.  I should get a lot done with that.

I was commissioned to make 2 Death scythes, Lavi's hammer, Miranda's time weapon, Princess Zelda armor, and possibly some other stuff not to mention all my props and armor this year so that 2 gallons of resin will come in handy.  I'm stoked!!   ;D

I also got my new airbrush system last week so as soon as I have some props ready to paint I'm gonna get me some airbrush paint and go to town!
« Last Edit: October 04, 2012, 08:00:46 am by Drauska »

Offline nekovamp13

• DeviantART
« Reply #96 on: October 04, 2012, 04:12:02 pm »
Did a makeup test for Halloween Town Axel~
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=358843694201656&set=a.264679766951383.66868.263651763720850&type=1&theater

I'll be doing a photoshoot Saturday as him, so I'll post a full pic later~
King Candy (Sugar Rush)
Dot (Animaniacs)
Cosmo (FOP)
Octodad (Octodad)

Offline Washougal_Otaku

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #97 on: October 04, 2012, 05:09:32 pm »
I've purchased the beginning materials for Chan's Two Face plans.  That's about it, thus far...
My cosplay plans for 2022 (thus far): Vanir from Konosuba
My son's plans this year (thus far): Penguin Chiyo-chan from Azumanga Daioh

Offline Drauska

• Catgirl
« Reply #98 on: October 05, 2012, 09:32:10 am »
Making an awesome sword for a friend but she need to find someone to make her clothes.
Here is the sword I'm making.

And here is the clothing we need made, She wants the female form on the right.  Unfortunately I don't sew at least not very good.

Offline Kisa-chann

• Cabbit
« Reply #99 on: October 05, 2012, 06:08:55 pm »
Making an awesome sword for a friend but she need to find someone to make her clothes.
Here is the sword I'm making.
[Thunder Edge]

And here is the clothing we need made, She wants the female form on the right.  Unfortunately I don't sew at least not very good.
[Ammy]

Aaaahhh tell your friend I'm excited to see how her cosplay turns out! I absolutely love Okami >w<

Anyway, my progress...ah, I ordered the wig for my Tesseract cosplay. Other than that I haven't done much heh