Author Topic: 2014 Cosplay Progress Thread  (Read 630913 times)

Offline ichigo_m.

• Catgirl
    • OhMyCosplay
Re: 2013 Cosplay Progress Thread
« Reply #400 on: July 23, 2013, 02:56:44 pm »
I'm freakin out bros!
I still have almost all of my Lux costume to make and I have 8 Idolm@ster uniforms to make!!! AHHHHH

Kumoricon 2014: Pearl - Sakizou. Princess Serenity - Sailor Moon. Undine Asuna - SAO. Zelda - A Link Between Worlds.

Offline Washougal_Otaku

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #401 on: July 23, 2013, 07:29:34 pm »
^ Breathe...

^^ I'm not sure.  Tranny would be a better person to ask than I would.
My cosplay plans for 2022 (thus far): Vanir from Konosuba
My son's plans this year (thus far): Penguin Chiyo-chan from Azumanga Daioh

Offline nyahaha

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #402 on: July 24, 2013, 08:32:07 am »
I have 2 wigs for Sailor Cosmos in the mail, and a wig and hat for Resistance Caitlyn.

I got almost all the fabric I need for Cosmos, Caitlyn and Cure Blossom at a garage sale with a basement FULL of fabric. It was crazy. Now I'm just trying to wash all the basement smell out of it.
check out my facebook page!! www.facebook.com/macnleecosplay

Offline TalaRedWolf33

• Bunnygirl
    • Full Moon Crochet
« Reply #403 on: July 24, 2013, 10:13:59 am »
I can't wait to see your Sailor Cosmos, i haven't see anyone cosplay her since Sakuracon 2005

Offline nyahaha

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #404 on: July 24, 2013, 10:32:07 am »
I don't think I've seen anyone cosplay her at a con!

Offline Washougal_Otaku

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #405 on: July 25, 2013, 09:04:30 am »
I don't even know who that is.

Offline TalaRedWolf33

• Bunnygirl
    • Full Moon Crochet
« Reply #406 on: July 25, 2013, 10:52:00 am »
Really?! Oh man, wait till you see her in the manga. She's awesome.

Offline bunny_jean

• Catgirl
« Reply #407 on: July 25, 2013, 05:43:03 pm »
Hey look, I did a make up test for Shiro! I also almost completed my leotard for Sailor Uranus. I just need to put some fold over elastic on the neckhole. I'm going to do that tonight and start on the skirt and collar! I'm hoping to have her pretty much all done except for the boots by the end of the weekend.

Line up:
-Kageyama (Haikyuu)
-Cordelia (Fire Emblem Awakening)
-Marauder Ashe (League of Legends)
-??? Who knows what else. Probably a cosplay I can wear my glasses with.

Offline ichigo_m.

• Catgirl
    • OhMyCosplay
« Reply #408 on: July 26, 2013, 01:19:45 pm »
I am no longer flipping out as I have removed Lux from my costume list! So much more calm now. xD

But now I have a question!
So I'm accessory shopping for my Cadence right now.  Here's what I already have: her ring, necklace, and hair clip. And have decided on which crown I want to get (the left). However I don't know how I want to do my wings..
I already have ears and will get a horn from YayaHan but should I make my wings like she does or one of these ways? [1] [2] [3]
Any input would be swell! (: Thanks!!
Kumoricon 2014: Pearl - Sakizou. Princess Serenity - Sailor Moon. Undine Asuna - SAO. Zelda - A Link Between Worlds.

Offline TalaRedWolf33

• Bunnygirl
    • Full Moon Crochet
« Reply #409 on: July 26, 2013, 01:36:12 pm »
I am no longer flipping out as I have removed Lux from my costume list! So much more calm now. xD

But now I have a question!
So I'm accessory shopping for my Cadence right now.  Here's what I already have: her ring, necklace, and hair clip. And have decided on which crown I want to get (the left). However I don't know how I want to do my wings..
I already have ears and will get a horn from YayaHan but should I make my wings like she does or one of these ways? [1] [2] [3]
Any input would be swell! (: Thanks!!
I think you should do wings like these : http://www.deviantart.com/art/MlP-FiM-Princess-Celestia-Cosplay-318994798 (I know it isn't Candance, but I couldn't find any pics of her with wings like this) To me, it looks more princess-ish and sticks to the MLP style that they have in the show.

Offline ichigo_m.

• Catgirl
    • OhMyCosplay
« Reply #410 on: July 26, 2013, 01:44:03 pm »
Oh gosh! Those wings are beautiful!! :D

Offline TalaRedWolf33

• Bunnygirl
    • Full Moon Crochet
« Reply #411 on: July 26, 2013, 01:58:26 pm »
I thought so too lol  I really wanna do Princess Luna one day. I think Im going to do Queen Chrysalis next year maybe, if I can get a job soon.

Offline Lin

• Catgirl
« Reply #412 on: July 26, 2013, 02:49:57 pm »
Hey look, I did a make up test for Shiro! I also almost completed my leotard for Sailor Uranus. I just need to put some fold over elastic on the neckhole. I'm going to do that tonight and start on the skirt and collar! I'm hoping to have her pretty much all done except for the boots by the end of the weekend.

Ooh where did you get your white mascara if you don't mind me asking?
« Last Edit: July 26, 2013, 07:30:33 pm by Lin »
Secrety secrets!

Offline veraca

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #413 on: July 26, 2013, 04:19:53 pm »
I've seen a few people cosplay Sailor Cosmos at Kumori, but it's not for a very long amount of time.
Dreaming is easy, dreamwalking is hard.
Kumori'15
Kanata (Trinity Universe)

Offline Sailor-Jeimi

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
« Reply #414 on: July 26, 2013, 05:03:27 pm »
http://www.cosplay.com/photo/3413552/
Took a better picture then the last one lol

I found out why it looked so red in the last pic rather then the pink that it actually is..Something wrong with the exposure on my phone camera..Anyway this is the real color of the dress, I also hemmed the bottom of it because I ask for it too long just in case. Also, I am almost done with the shoes. Just have to paint the soles black.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2013, 05:04:28 pm by Sailor-Jeimi »

Offline TalaRedWolf33

• Bunnygirl
    • Full Moon Crochet
« Reply #415 on: July 26, 2013, 06:25:55 pm »
I'm getting real upset ;-; my wig doesn't fit well, and i can't get my make up right and im really close to just giving up and falling back on cooking mama as my cosplay.

Offline You-friend-Sushi

• Cabbit
« Reply #416 on: July 26, 2013, 08:51:47 pm »
Take a break for a bit and try focusing on something else c: When I was working on my yukata top, I was getting really upset and stressed over it. But once I took a break and played some pokemon for an hour, I felt a lot better and was able to figure it out.
I typo'd my name. It's Your-friend-Sushi. Pleased to meet you. C:

Offline bunny_jean

• Catgirl
« Reply #417 on: July 26, 2013, 09:01:58 pm »

Ooh where did you get your white mascara if you don't mind me asking?
http://www.stagemakeuponline.com/02-LM/Mascara-ben-nye.html It is VERY waterproof. lol. Pretty sure there's still a little at the roots of my lashes. XD
Line up:
-Kageyama (Haikyuu)

Offline TalaRedWolf33

• Bunnygirl
    • Full Moon Crochet
« Reply #418 on: July 26, 2013, 09:39:44 pm »
Take a break for a bit and try focusing on something else c: When I was working on my yukata top, I was getting really upset and stressed over it. But once I took a break and played some pokemon for an hour, I felt a lot better and was able to figure it out.

I ended up doing just that. Decided to watch Hells kitchen and think about ideas instead. I think I'm.going to go with simple and cute and sweet, instead of the hot pink and bright colors. My hair and outfit is already bright pink anyways lol

Offline The_Geek

• Chibi
    • My Deviant Art
« Reply #419 on: July 26, 2013, 10:55:05 pm »
Sucre (OFF):
  • Arm and leg warmers were hand-sewn out of old t-shirts and are complete.
  • Barefoot character. Wearing flip-flops.
  • Will invest in gauze for tummy.
  • Pants are waiting to be hemmed.
  • Jacket is in need of major editation, as well as buttons.
  • Dahlias pierced, will switch out the bars for something with a black bead.
  • Makeup and wig arrived today. Did rough cutting on the wig, as well has a make-up test. I'll probably rough the wig up some more to match the original character concept. Feedback appreciated. I'm going for golden and strung out.  http://i.imgur.com/BVC6XDg.jpg?1
Cecilia (fem!Cecil from Night Vale):
  • Conceptualizing. It'll be '50s broadcaster inspired. I have a swing skirt which could be dyed, and plan on making a sweater-vest. I already have cat-eye glasses.
  • My hair? It would make things easier...
  • Prop eyeball cut in half and glued to my forehead.
  • Carry around fake Arby's or enchilada.
  • Carry around old school microphone.
  • Constantly asking if someone has seen Carla. <wistful sigh> Carla.~...
All depression has its roots in self-pity, and all self-pity is rooted in people taking themselves too seriously.
                                + Tom Robbins

Offline Washougal_Otaku

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #420 on: July 27, 2013, 10:33:38 am »

• Carry around fake Arby's or enchilada.

Only if at one point during con you get some real Arby's.

Offline EmAino

• Chibi
« Reply #421 on: July 27, 2013, 03:38:14 pm »
For some reason, I decided after last Kumoricon to just throw my Tenten wig into the big Rubbermaid container I called my Cosplay Box....had fun brushing the tangles out of it yesterday and restyling it.   

Also, just ordered my Kyoko costume.  So happiness there! :D
Sakuracon 2014
Kyoko Sakura - Puella Magi Madoka Magica
Yugito Nii - Naruto Shippuden
Sailor Jupiter - Sailor Moon

Kumoricon
God Tier Jane Crocker - Homestuck
Komachi Onozuka - Touhou

Offline otakunobody

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #422 on: July 27, 2013, 08:59:27 pm »
Ugh, So much to do and so little time.

Finally got my pants for Hipster!Poland, now all I need are the two shirts and suspenders (Time to raid the Salvation Army thrift shop XD)
Chibimano is still in the same state I left it in from last K-con, may be finished by late august, may not  :P Hopefully it will be.
For my friend's Japan I just need to finish the waist band of her pants, hopefully tonight so I can give them to her tomorrow. Also need to finish up her Rukia skirt. That will also be finished tonight or tomorrow at the latest.
For another friend's Sexy!Fem!Snape cloak I need to get her measurements as well as the fabric for the project. This may have to be finished late august which makes me really nervous about getting it done on time.
Lastly,the Crocanaw I'm making for a completely different friend is approx. 50% finished, which makes me really happy.

Overall, I am completely no where near being ready for con

Kumoricon 2015
- Kiki [Kiki's Delivery Service]
- Hiro [Big Hero 6]

Offline Lin

• Catgirl
« Reply #423 on: July 27, 2013, 09:16:11 pm »
http://www.stagemakeuponline.com/02-LM/Mascara-ben-nye.html It is VERY waterproof. lol. Pretty sure there's still a little at the roots of my lashes. XD
Yay just gotta pick up that mascara, more black sharpies(since the last pack I bought mysteriously disappeared...), a lunch box, and a watering pail! Yay! Almost done! Except for the sewing the double-fold bias tape along the hems of my vest and getting the darn fabric for my turban folded properly... XP
Secrety secrets!

Offline veraca

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #424 on: July 28, 2013, 02:46:19 pm »
I know how you feel. Sharpies, pens and bookmark tab thingies- they all magically disappear in my house.

I haven't gotten much done besides the pauldron having epic issues. First my cat chewed the small square piece to pieces and ribbons, and then chewed off the piping from the edge. And now the 'repair' fix piping I put on somehow shrank too small and broke off. So I have to do a third repair to that. It's getting to the point where I'll have to super glue it on.
Dreaming is easy, dreamwalking is hard.
Kumori'15
Kanata (Trinity Universe)

Offline Lin

• Catgirl
« Reply #425 on: July 28, 2013, 10:27:39 pm »
I know how you feel. Sharpies, pens and bookmark tab thingies- they all magically disappear in my house.

I haven't gotten much done besides the pauldron having epic issues. First my cat chewed the small square piece to pieces and ribbons, and then chewed off the piping from the edge. And now the 'repair' fix piping I put on somehow shrank too small and broke off. So I have to do a third repair to that. It's getting to the point where I'll have to super glue it on.
The makings of great cosplay- Super glue and Duct tape! XD Yeah I have to keep my cats away from all the fabric otherwise they would sleep in it and start shredding it with their kneading.
Secrety secrets!

Offline You-friend-Sushi

• Cabbit
« Reply #426 on: July 28, 2013, 11:58:42 pm »
Building a tolerance to playing while wearing a wig XD Casual Sakura

I can't wait to go dancing at the park at con! Recently wore full cosplay [minus wig and ears] while dancing with fans and I couldn't stop watching myself in refelective surfaces. The colors of the fans just popped beautifully [in my opinion] and the swirly skirt was fun to twirl in. Found I needed to add a waist tie to it for it liked to fall to my hips, and my top would slowly but surely open to expose my under tank, but ties have been added to that too. Found out I cannot wear my detached sleeves with playing with fans or I'll hit myself  in the face over and over again XD
Had to fix a pair of ears I got from ebay. There was only one hair clip holding them to my head and they were rather loose. Snipped those out and sewn in two clips so the ears would hold their shape at the base and stay on better.
Before After
I typo'd my name. It's Your-friend-Sushi. Pleased to meet you. C:

Offline nekovamp13

• It's over nine THOUSAND!!!!!
    • DeviantART
« Reply #427 on: July 29, 2013, 03:00:14 am »
Sadly, my plans for cosplaying Winnie and the rest of my Hocus Pocus group fell through. So all the progress I've done so far has been for nothing....

Now I have to think of another cosplay to wear....

Anyways, I shall be working on prosthetics galore soon. Between my new nose for Ice King, his beard and Miguel and Tulio's beards, I have some work to do...
~Sakuracon/Kumoricon 2014~
King Candy (Sugar Rush)
Dot (Animaniacs)
Ice King (Adventure Time)
Beetlejuice (Animated Series)
Cosmo (FOP)
Octodad (Octodad)

https://www.facebook.com/smilingmooncosplay

Offline TalaRedWolf33

• Bunnygirl
    • Full Moon Crochet
« Reply #428 on: July 29, 2013, 11:30:02 am »
^Cosplay as the before ice king if you can. When he was all cute and tall lol its just like black pants, red shirt, and a black over shirt isn't it?

Offline nekovamp13

• DeviantART
« Reply #429 on: July 29, 2013, 03:19:42 pm »
The hardest part is the fact that I would have to buy a new wig, and beard.

I may join my Blue Exorcist group if they are cosplaying that day~
~Sakuracon/Kumoricon 2014~
King Candy (Sugar Rush)
Dot (Animaniacs)
Ice King (Adventure Time)
Beetlejuice (Animated Series)
Cosmo (FOP)
Octodad (Octodad)

https://www.facebook.com/smilingmooncosplay

Offline TalaRedWolf33

• Bunnygirl
    • Full Moon Crochet
« Reply #430 on: July 29, 2013, 07:34:31 pm »
Aweh, is your white wig connected to your crown?
Id say do a My Little Pony cosplay cuz they're easy to do lol but if you already have a back up, yay!

Offline bunny_jean

• Catgirl
« Reply #431 on: July 30, 2013, 09:12:53 am »
HEY LOOK. AM I A SAILOR SCOUT YET?? I have a bunch of hand sewing to do before I can finish the bows and sleeves (then put the sleeves in). Hoping to finish this in the next couple days. THEN I GET TO SEW TWO MORE FOR GROUP MEMBERS, and Shiro. XP

Getting boots on Friday, and they won't be that bad to do the trim on top.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2013, 09:14:00 am by bunny_jean »
Line up:
-Kageyama (Haikyuu)

Offline RoriLei

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #432 on: July 30, 2013, 01:00:13 pm »
So close to done on my Ino cosplay, just need the fanny pack, kunai holder, kunai, earrings, and headband.
As far as Zoro, my dad just started my swords, so those should be done in a couple of days. I got the white tank top. All I need is a green sweater to transform into a haramaki and a black bandanna.
Kumoricon 2014: Possibilities - Female Rock Lee (Naruto). Female Mako (LoK). Poison Shroom Toadette (Mario). Hawkeye (Marvel). Vaporeon (Pokemon). Izzy (TDI). Maskless Deadpool (Marvel). Jubilee (Marvel). Pacific Rim character.

Offline Sailor-Jeimi

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
« Reply #433 on: July 30, 2013, 03:01:24 pm »
So it won't be this Kumori since I don't have the funds for the wig, but I had this kool idea after talking with someone selling cosplays.
On coscom there is this person I talk to that is selling a Yoko Littner Bounty Hunter cosplay..However, no coat though or shorts..But she is also selling a White Rock Shooter cosplay..Hmm..Both have white, black and red in their outfits. So I thought, Since I can't afford to get both AND finish them as each character..Why not mix them..Here's my drawing of the result:
http://s88.photobucket.com/user/RazorXCore_2006/media/IMAG02461_zps5f9fd59b.jpg.html

I'll totally have it in time for Kumori next year, But for sure for Akicon (without the scythe for that though, because I'll be in the AA for Aki) And for sure Sakuracon with the scythe..

Azura, if you see this, don't you dare say it (about the scythe thing, you know exactly what I'm talking about) >.<

PS:
I know the drawing isn't accurate. It's close enough to get my point across, I did that in like, 5 minutes..
« Last Edit: July 30, 2013, 03:02:36 pm by Sailor-Jeimi »

Offline Lin

• Catgirl
« Reply #434 on: July 30, 2013, 03:40:49 pm »
Doing my Mr. Popo PAX paint test today! Didn't even need the remover I bought once I chilled my skin with a cold water wash.  :D Do need to find some black powder to use as a finish since the translucent powder changes the tone a bit.
Secrety secrets!

Offline nyahaha

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #435 on: August 01, 2013, 11:17:02 am »
Got my Sailor Cosmos wigs in the mail! Next step is to chop one of them up and make the long ponytails.

Offline EveofAbyss

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #436 on: August 01, 2013, 04:06:16 pm »
Baku progress:

- Got my goggles in the mail. They look aaaaaaawesome. I just need to paint the frames silver and those'll be good.
- I got my pig nose, just need to paint it with a bit more realistic paint job.
- I am currently foam-coating the hilt of his sword, carved out of styrofoam.

Slow-going, overall, but it's looking good. This foamcoat just takes foreeeever to dry. For something that requires multiple coats, it's going to be a while.

Buy my book of poems!
Lord Otaku commands you!

Offline nikkiolie

• Facebook
« Reply #437 on: August 02, 2013, 07:49:08 am »
Here are some progress shots on my 3D MG for Sasah

Here are the shots I have so far. The swords are done. The scabbards need a little bit more work before I can paint. I did that layer and found out that the details weren't sealed enough so that is what I am working on now. I will paint more on Sunday. The part that goes around my waist has been painted since this picture. I need to paint the inside and the bottom and it is done.

This weekend I will also work on making the front piece of the scabbards then I can attach that and use the cord to attach everything and I am done! I also need to get some strong velcro to help keep it on me XD

Offline Washougal_Otaku

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #438 on: August 02, 2013, 10:11:39 am »
I have paid for enough contacts to last past Kumoricon.  (Which, interestingly enough, my eyes have improved!  ...I wonder if it's because I'm a father now...).  Also, I have grabbed some newspapers so that I may attempt to stretch out my Neptune shoes.

Offline Tsukinya

• Chibi
« Reply #439 on: August 03, 2013, 02:20:33 pm »
I am SOOO dreadfully late on starting cosplay this year!  We finally decided on Okabe and Mayuri from Steins;Gate (phenomenal series, btw!)

I considered Kurisu as well, but Mayuri would likely be easier given the abbreviated timeframe... besides, I could then use my own hair instead of wig :D

I'm off to a great start... SCORE at Goodwill for the dress:

Just have to remove the little jewely bits and add black trim.  If I get really ambitious, I might even attempt a time divergence device:

No luck with a lab coat, red flip phone, or knee-high boots (that will fit my calves) at GW.  Only a month until Con... crunch time!!!

Offline EmAino

• Chibi
« Reply #440 on: August 03, 2013, 05:21:57 pm »
Got my spear for Kyoko in the mail today and it's freaking awesome!  Just as tall as I am (I'm around 5'11"), which I was worried about...it being an Ebay purchase and all.
Sakuracon 2014
Yugito Nii - Naruto Shippuden

Kumoricon
God Tier Jane Crocker - Homestuck
Komachi Onozuka - Touhou

Offline RozenMaiden_Girl

• Bunnygirl
    • My Deviantart
« Reply #441 on: August 04, 2013, 10:27:22 am »
Did a make up test for calne ca. The only thing I need to make more darker is the lines that come down from my normal eye.

(If you wanna see more of it you can go here [size=78%]https://www.facebook.com/once.unhuman.all.ways.unhuman/media_set?set=a.546391765391452.1073741825.100000618990180&type=3&uploaded=7[/size] )
Lolita and "lolita cosplay" are not the same thing, and ever will be. Period.

Offline Tsukinya

• Chibi
« Reply #442 on: August 04, 2013, 11:40:35 am »
^ WOW!  That looks AWESOME! :)

Offline CaptnPoptart

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #443 on: August 04, 2013, 02:19:34 pm »
Rainbow Dash

What's finished recently:

-Made plush wings and pinned them to my coat
-Made plush ears
-Did a makeup test run and so far so good

What Needs to be done:

-POSSIBLY hemming my vest (i cut sleeves off of a shirt and i may need to hem where I cut)
-Get a headband for ears OR sew onto wig
- Finish trimming the bangs (MAYBE)

Cosplay Completion: 96%

John Ketchum

-Bought yellow fabric for the hem on the jacket (I tried to use paint but it bled through the shirt ;-; )
-Finished painting the green ghost on the hat
-Finished fully painting a pokeball
-Created a Davechu plushie for another prop (My friend decided not to cosplay Davechu right before I bought her wig :T Grrrr....)
-Did a wig, hat, glasses and makeup test run and it's fantastic!

What needs to be done:

-Sew yellow hem on jacket
-Get/sew gloves

Cosplay Completion: 95%

Also I am already deciding on cosplay ideas for next year/future conventions! Woohoo ^_^
Good News and Bad News.
Bad news is I can't go to Kumoricon the whole weekend because of costs and drivers ed.

GOOD NEWS is that if I can raise enough money I can go for Saturday all day as Espurr (Pokemon X/Y)
Hope to see you all then! <3

Offline nyahaha

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #444 on: August 05, 2013, 12:15:49 pm »
My Caitlyn wig came the other day, and the hat should be here today! Tonight after I finish a school project, I'm going to be making Sailor Cosmos' skirt~

Offline TalaRedWolf33

• Bunnygirl
    • Full Moon Crochet
« Reply #445 on: August 05, 2013, 12:47:56 pm »
Rainbow Dash

-Made plush wings and pinned them to my coat
-Made plush ears
How did you make your ears? I've made ears before but when i went to make them yesterday, i completely blanked and couldn't figure it out at all.

Offline Kisa-chann

• Cabbit
« Reply #446 on: August 05, 2013, 05:58:32 pm »
Most of my Jade cosplay is done, I just gotta do the buttons and button holes!!!

Offline Sailor-Jeimi

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
« Reply #447 on: August 05, 2013, 11:22:21 pm »
This isn't progress on me, but I made a sword for my friend (Axuraschampion on these forums) so I thought I would post the finished sword since I believe he is taking it to this con.

http://terrorcommissions.deviantart.com/art/Kirito-s-Sword-from-Sword-Art-online-LN-391105256
« Last Edit: August 05, 2013, 11:22:33 pm by Sailor-Jeimi »

Offline Prince McKupo

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #448 on: August 06, 2013, 02:40:57 am »
Yeah...making a moogle mascot, along with finding the parts for its human form is quite the female dog...I might have to ask for help from an expert seamstress and architect (aka Mom and Dad -- who are actually a seamstress and architect) to save me from going all Trance Kuja on it.  Right now, the wings are kinda the bane of my existence.  I'm not the most "symmetry capable" guy and I didn't exactly inherit my parents' skills in their respective crafts, so I might just have to live with a little lopsidedness for this year.

At first, I was mystified on how to make it look fluffy and bulky without having to pack on an extra 50 lbs or so (don't poke fun, I'm not the brightest bulb and this is my first time actually making a cosplay).  But then I realized that I'm pretty much making a hollowed out stuffed animal, but keeping the plush.  And I'm trying to retain as much mobility & vision as possible, since I'm gonna try my hardest to get this into the Cosplay Chess game.  Also taking cooling & hydration precautions into account, so I'll be donning a few cooling bands (maybe a vest too, depending on temperature forecasts) and wearing a light hydration pack, maybe installing a fan if I feel like stabbing my face with a soldering iron out of frustration.

As for the human form, it's just a white hoodie vest, white cargo shorts, white and pink Fivefinger shoes, white fingerless gloves, moogle ears with a red pompom attached to a spring, and a muffler fashioned out to look like its wings.  Basically what a moogle might look like if it wished to be a human for a day.  A short spear is also being made, along with a pair of steampunk goggles to add a bit more character.

It's hell, but I'm actually still having fun making it and really can't wait to have fun moogle prancing throughout the con!  Kupo!~  <(^o^)>

Prince McKupo is back in the action, baby!  Kupo!  Now, as for my "cooling down" cosplay: Jude Mathis, with both his Xillia 1 (100%) and Xillia 2 (100%) outfits.

Offline Sailor-Jeimi

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
« Reply #449 on: August 06, 2013, 12:06:36 pm »