Author Topic: 2014 Cosplay Progress Thread  (Read 630865 times)

Offline Teddy_Bearxx

• Bunnygirl
Re: 2013 Cosplay Progress Thread
« Reply #150 on: January 14, 2013, 12:53:18 pm »
I just have to get a jacket and the faux fur but Kanra is almost done :)

Offline Tranny

• Catgirl
« Reply #151 on: January 14, 2013, 03:14:10 pm »
I've got all the patterns I need for my cosplays so all that is missing is the rest of the wigs and the fabric. ^^ speaking of wigs my 60inch Mistress 9 wig came in last week however I cant wear it right now because It ended up giving me lice.

Offline kit2kit

• Catgirl
    • Tumblr
« Reply #152 on: January 14, 2013, 04:55:21 pm »

I picked up working on my arms for Peacock today.
((I obviously have a lot more work to do but heres what I got so far o u o ))
The first picture is a bit blurry cause I was trying to take a picture with one hand.The 2nd one ruins the magic a bit but when Im going to get some long black gloves so my real arms wont be too noticeable.
'16 Cosplay
Suzuya (Tokyo Ghoul) // Magic!Betty (Adventure Time)

Offline Drauska

• Catgirl
« Reply #153 on: January 15, 2013, 02:00:43 pm »

Finished my sister's Kanna Mirror for Sak.  She might wear it at Registration for Kumo.  Finally something is completed. 

Offline RoriLei

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #154 on: January 15, 2013, 05:18:28 pm »
Got my Ino skirt done and pieces cut out for the top and arm thingys. Also on the lookout for Zoro type pieces at thrift stores. So far I have a practice sword. Maybe I'll be kid Zoro for one of the days? Haven't decided yet.
Kumoricon 2014: Possibilities - Female Rock Lee (Naruto). Female Mako (LoK). Poison Shroom Toadette (Mario). Hawkeye (Marvel). Vaporeon (Pokemon). Izzy (TDI). Maskless Deadpool (Marvel). Jubilee (Marvel). Pacific Rim character.

Offline Citael

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #155 on: January 18, 2013, 10:59:56 pm »
Since it's like....Impossible to make the dress of Miku's from Alluring Secret ~ Black Vow, I recently ordered it and it should be here in....Sixty days xD I'm excited to get it, though. I also ordered the wig. I'm allsssoo making a lot of progress with my Heine cosplay >3 Got the jeans, just need to do the jacket and get the wig.

Offline ironavenger

• Sailor Scout
    • Assembled Impersonations
« Reply #156 on: January 19, 2013, 02:47:03 pm »
here we go.

Offline Tanuki19

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #157 on: January 19, 2013, 03:41:31 pm »
I got fabric for Heather's vest today so that'll be getting worked on instead of my Little Sister dress which is the thing I should actually be working on XD

Offline nekovamp13

• It's over nine THOUSAND!!!!!
    • DeviantART
« Reply #158 on: January 19, 2013, 08:22:33 pm »
Decided to be Nightcrawler from X-men Evolution to comic con, so I'm starting on him. Got the black suit already, just have to make the rest. And I bought my wig and still debating on what contacts I want...
~Sakuracon/Kumoricon 2014~
King Candy (Sugar Rush)
Dot (Animaniacs)
Ice King (Adventure Time)
Beetlejuice (Animated Series)
Cosmo (FOP)
Octodad (Octodad)

https://www.facebook.com/smilingmooncosplay

Offline Tanuki19

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #159 on: January 20, 2013, 04:40:28 pm »
Heather is finished!
« Last Edit: April 22, 2013, 10:51:42 pm by Tanuki19 »

Offline Titus_Love_Doll

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #160 on: January 24, 2013, 04:16:28 am »
yay im finishes ^ .... jokin >3 love my name works well with amazing charaters

Offline nikkiolie

• Facebook
« Reply #161 on: January 24, 2013, 08:10:27 am »
I got my tights for Morrigan done this weekend. I haven't been able to work on her much since I haven't had money. I pretty much have everything I need to finish. I just need to find the time now. I will get a progress shot soon since pretty much the whole front of the costume is done minus the big wings.

Offline nekovamp13

• DeviantART
« Reply #162 on: January 24, 2013, 04:13:03 pm »
Working on Nightcrawler~
I made his tail and working on figuring out what/how to paint it. I may also work on the red part of his suit.

Also got Discord mostly done. I just need to make a boot cover and some sash stuff.
King Candy (Sugar Rush)
Dot (Animaniacs)
Cosmo (FOP)
Octodad (Octodad)

Offline Tanuki19

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #163 on: January 27, 2013, 01:47:01 am »
I bought a shirt and shoes for Fionna yesterday and hopefully I'll make the skirt soon.

Offline RoriLei

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #164 on: January 29, 2013, 03:52:26 pm »
I got the skirt and shirt of Ino done, as well as half of the bandaged short unitard thing she wears underneath (I'm actually trying to make it look like bandages, so lots and lots of hand sewing on the mannequin will be done this weekend). The arm bands and the headband are what I haven't started (and the hair, since I'll need lots of sun and lemon juice to lighten my natural blonde to her's). As far as Zoro, I have nothing except for a shortened list of wig possibilities and a knack for getting lost.
Kumoricon 2014: Possibilities - Female Rock Lee (Naruto). Female Mako (LoK). Poison Shroom Toadette (Mario). Hawkeye (Marvel). Vaporeon (Pokemon). Izzy (TDI). Maskless Deadpool (Marvel). Jubilee (Marvel). Pacific Rim character.

Offline CLAP_attack

• Bunnygirl
    • Deviant Art
« Reply #165 on: January 30, 2013, 12:30:19 am »

REALLY ONLY UPDATE I HAVE .. still need to sand them , heat them up again and form , and make the other set !
oh and details .. like painting & such.
BUT thats last.
i plan to get more things done this week ~
ahh Balmung is slowly' coming together :'D
kcon plans 2013 ' plans ;

Minato Arisato - P3 ( 50% )
Renzou Shima - AnE ( 0% )
Finny in wonderland - Kuroshitsuji ( 0% )

Offline nikkiolie

• Facebook
« Reply #166 on: January 31, 2013, 08:21:15 pm »
I can't like that Niki :P I am way to used to facebook.

I have some updates and a progress picture. I got the heart cut out on my top and my tights done for Morrigan. The feathers are just pinned on in the picture. I still need to add more latex to the body suit and trim the legs a bit higher in the back and its ready. I also want to take off the black straps and try putting in clear ones. I am also going to see how it holds up if I just use fashion tape to attach it to myself with no straps. All in all I am very happy with how it looks so far. And the mirror is very dirty x.x

Offline CLAP_attack

• Bunnygirl
    • Deviant Art
« Reply #167 on: January 31, 2013, 08:31:33 pm »
loooooking great on that morrigan , Nikki ! ... my mind instantly went to ' like ' as well LOL
kcon plans 2013 ' plans ;

Minato Arisato - P3 ( 50% )
Renzou Shima - AnE ( 0% )
Finny in wonderland - Kuroshitsuji ( 0% )

Offline Washougal_Otaku

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #168 on: February 02, 2013, 07:52:28 am »

*applauds*

Looming awesome thus far!

I haven't made much progress with my cosplay plans, other than getting a new Pinkie Pie wig, and talking to Nando about a possible special prop for it. I probably won't make any further progress until I get my tax return. I am also bouncing an idea around about changing male Pinkie from a raver to a soldier.
My cosplay plans for 2022 (thus far): Vanir from Konosuba
My son's plans this year (thus far): Penguin Chiyo-chan from Azumanga Daioh

Offline toonafeesh

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #169 on: February 02, 2013, 10:56:16 am »
Nikki, do you have a Lillith? I just recently really got into Darkstalkers, and was thinking of cosplaying Lillith, but I didn't really want to do it by myself.

Offline Kumi4eva

• Chibi
    • My DeviantArt
« Reply #170 on: February 02, 2013, 03:58:42 pm »
Well, I've dropped Fem!Tobuscus and instead added Jack Frost since I'm making the cosplay for the DVD release. Might drop Teemo, depending on if I have enough money for him. I've got to start on Amy here soon and I've got to order pants for Sam and sew on my patches.

Practicing painting frost on a cheap t-shirt, it came out fairly well. I've gotta find a better hoodie then the one I currently have, it ended up too light and I'd be afraid of dying it darker.
This is my first costume making from absolute scratch so I'm pleased with the progress so far.
I have to order a wig when I cash my check next week. That should be fun finding the right one.
Kumoricon 2016 costumes:
Frozen: Elsa - 30%
Black Sails: Anne Bonny - 0%
The Last of Us: Ellie (winter) - 75%
Maybes:
Kat - DMC
Annie - Dead Rising

Offline chelseahavoc

• Bunnygirl
    • Chelseahavoc's DA
« Reply #171 on: February 03, 2013, 09:25:44 am »
the most progree i got so far is the base of fat buu's head is finished. oh! i also bought the last pattern i should need to work on zelda :)
kumoicon 2013:
day 0: ANIMAL CROSSING Mayor
day 1: morning- Guu (hare + guu)
day 1: afternoon- Terra (ff6)
day 2: chibi moon (sailor moon)
day 3: Princess Zelda (loz:oot)

Offline nikkiolie

• Facebook
« Reply #172 on: February 03, 2013, 01:57:44 pm »
Nikki, do you have a Lillith? I just recently really got into Darkstalkers, and was thinking of cosplaying Lillith, but I didn't really want to do it by myself.
I do have a Lilith for Sak. You should cosplay from it anyway. Its really fun wearing it.

More progress. I have all my wings cut, shaped, and the webbing attached. There is only three in this picture but I just finished my last big wing and the two small wings for Lilith are on the counter. Now time for the long process of adding latex. The white ones have two layers on them already and I think I am going to leave it at that till I get the black latex. I like how thin the webbing is and how it moves very easily and looks realistic. So once those dry I am going to turn them over and put the red on the back.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2013, 06:56:33 pm by nikkiolie »

Offline Washougal_Otaku

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #173 on: February 03, 2013, 09:15:45 pm »
You should cosplay from it anyway. Its really fun wearing it.

Having only played the first game, I find that none of the male characters would be worth cosplaying as, except for maybe Lord Raptor.  Along with sexy, I find Morrigan's outfit to be fun and creative, which is why I usually find favor in these cosplays.

toonafeesh, you'd make a good Lilith.  I agree that you should do it.

Offline toonafeesh

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #174 on: February 05, 2013, 11:25:55 pm »
Here's my progress on Princess Kida. So far I only have the wig styling done :P I'm taking my sewing machine in on Monday to get a party replaced so I can start on her bandeau and sash/skirt thing.

EDIT: wow I'm a derp. Here's the actual picture :P

« Last Edit: February 06, 2013, 04:30:45 pm by toonafeesh »

Offline Jotaku

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #175 on: February 07, 2013, 10:03:39 am »
Holy crawdads everyone's cosplays are looking SO FAB right now!!

Kumoricon is still quite a ways off and it's not 100% I'll go (though damn I'm gonna try my hardest to!!)

Right now my plans for Sakuracon are Meenah, Aradiasprite, and Eridan.  Ones that go over well might be transfered to Kumoricon.  (Possibly Meenah again, def Aradiasprite assuming she doesn't flop orz)
I would also like to maybe add in some other cosplays, such as Pleinair or Paprika or something fun like that!  But still a ways for me.  XD

My current cosplay progress is as follows:

Meenah -- p much done, just waiting on white contacts.  I do need to do some repair, such as putting gems back on the bracelets and fixing up my trident.  (I'm trying to reinforce the tips, but I'm unsure what exactly I could use to give them proper support, maybe bondo or some sort of resin?  I'm currently asking around on cosplay.com for suggestions)

Aradiasprite - I've ordered and received the wig, only I'm pretty sure I got sent the wrong color, so I'm going to send it back to get inspected (I'm pretty darn sure I got sent maroon instead of apple red 8( ) - Hopefully it isn't the right one and I will get shipped back the wig I need, 'cause otherwise I'll have to buy a new one and this was already 50 bucks! XO
I have the base for the dress, but still need to collect materials for the sprite trail/tail.  I have ordered all the PAX and eye makeup I need for this, and already have the shoes and tights.

Eridan - I have his shirt sans symbol, glasses, and shoes.  I still need to make his cape, customize the rings, buy the wig, finish the scarf, and paint the pants.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2013, 10:05:41 am by Jotaku »
Kumoricon '13 Lineup
Day 0; Pleinair (Disgaea)
Day 1; Eren Jaeger (Attack on Titan), Meenah (Homestuck)
Day 2; Aradisprite in morning (Homestuck)
Day 3; ??? Dunno either Eren or Pleinair

Offline Tanuki19

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #176 on: February 07, 2013, 08:53:20 pm »
Fionna progress! I just finished making the hat, I bought the shirt and shoes a couple weeks ago, and I already had the wig. So now all that's missing is the skirt, socks, backpack, and crystal sword.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2013, 10:51:07 pm by Tanuki19 »

Offline HoshiMegamiNoMiko

• Cabbit
    • the-empress-celes
« Reply #177 on: February 08, 2013, 12:16:08 am »
Here's a few pictures of my only and only glove that I made for my Matin Catorce cosplay so far :'D Sorry that the quality is crappy, because I took a picture of it with my old cellphone.

Here's the front view

Here's the back view

A front view for when I wore it

And last but not least, a back view for when I wore it once again

I'm still a little new in sewing, so please don't judge me ;n;
« Last Edit: February 08, 2013, 12:29:21 am by HoshiMegamiNoMiko »

Badge name: Celes Zalphumia

Offline ironavenger

• Sailor Scout
    • Assembled Impersonations
« Reply #178 on: February 09, 2013, 06:21:45 pm »
done here.

onto Halo.

Offline AgehaIX

• Catgirl
    • tumblr
« Reply #179 on: February 09, 2013, 11:50:02 pm »
Holy crawdads everyone's cosplays are looking SO FAB right now!!

Aradiasprite - I've ordered and received the wig, only I'm pretty sure I got sent the wrong color, so I'm going to send it back to get inspected (I'm pretty darn sure I got sent maroon instead of apple red 8( ) - Hopefully it isn't the right one and I will get shipped back the wig I need, 'cause otherwise I'll have to buy a new one and this was already 50 bucks! XO
I have the base for the dress, but still need to collect materials for the sprite trail/tail.  I have ordered all the PAX and eye makeup I need for this, and already have the shoes and tights.

Roma! Its Madison. If you do finish Aradiasprite, we need need NEED to meet up so we can do a sprite shoot. I have been wanting to rewear Jadesprite so badly~~
kcon 13': Ranma Saotome, TBA, TBA

• Cabbit
    • the-empress-celes
« Reply #180 on: February 10, 2013, 04:05:45 am »

Ahhhhh. I finished making the first part of Matin's dress, kind of :'D

The dress was suppose to cover my foot until I felt like I did something wrong and so I cut it up OTL Looks like I'll really have to get her silver boots since she wears silver boots now that my foot will be noticeable. I'll be needing a petticoat for her dress too.

Offline RoriLei

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #181 on: February 10, 2013, 10:48:38 am »
The other day I ran out of elastic thread, so I went out and bought two spools to make sure I won't run out again. Ino is coming along well.

Offline Jotaku

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #182 on: February 11, 2013, 10:08:10 am »
Yosh!  Bought (most) of my Aradiasprite fabrics and stuff yesterday.  Gonna get a few more things today, as well as prop stuff like fiberglass and resin and all THAT fun stuff @w@;

Roma! Its Madison. If you do finish Aradiasprite, we need need NEED to meet up so we can do a sprite shoot. I have been wanting to rewear Jadesprite so badly~~

Oh dude, hey! 8v8  Been so long!
Man that would be AWESOME to get photos of them together!  Are you going to Sakuracon at all or just Kcon this year? :O
Kumoricon '13 Lineup
Day 0; Pleinair (Disgaea)
Day 1; Eren Jaeger (Attack on Titan), Meenah (Homestuck)
Day 2; Aradisprite in morning (Homestuck)
Day 3; ??? Dunno either Eren or Pleinair

Offline chelseahavoc

• Bunnygirl
    • Chelseahavoc's DA
« Reply #183 on: February 12, 2013, 10:14:20 am »
its not really "cosplay progress" but "con progress"

I got our "team sea slug" shirts made for relaxing around the con space out of costume..... also kinda thinking about getting a wig for osaka just to make that shirt more awesome.....
kumoicon 2013:

Offline AgehaIX

• Catgirl
    • tumblr
« Reply #184 on: February 12, 2013, 03:49:48 pm »

Oh dude, hey! 8v8  Been so long!
Man that would be AWESOME to get photos of them together!  Are you going to Sakuracon at all or just Kcon this year? :O

probs not Sakucon this year. Dang jobs are hard to find~
BUT tots going to Kumoricon since its so close to where i live and all. hahaha
kcon 13': Ranma Saotome, TBA, TBA

Offline Citael

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #185 on: February 12, 2013, 04:51:01 pm »
....Well. Turns out my Miku cosplay didn't take sixty days. I suspect it's because there weren't many orders for it, so it didn't take as long to make...?

It really only took around two weeks, I think. It's really beautiful and...It's ginormous. I can hardly move in it xD

Gonna try to post pictures as soon as I can, but it's kind of hard to take pictures of..Unless someone is wearing it x.x -takes a lot of time to just put it on-

Offline Tranny

• Catgirl
« Reply #186 on: February 15, 2013, 11:05:47 pm »
Dont have much progress this time around buuuut

Recieved my sailor Neptune Tiara, shoes and choker piece, I also recieved earrings but they were not the ones I had originally ordered.

I also finished up the bigger balls for my pokebelt for my fem ash cosplay. I'm making two belt so see which version i like best bigger or smaller pokeballs

Offline nekovamp13

• DeviantART
« Reply #187 on: February 16, 2013, 12:18:02 am »
Got Discord all done for a shoot tomorrow ^^

Well, at least done enough to wear. There are still some things I want/need to do for him, but it can wait til later.
King Candy (Sugar Rush)
Dot (Animaniacs)
Cosmo (FOP)
Octodad (Octodad)

• Cabbit
    • the-empress-celes
« Reply #188 on: February 18, 2013, 04:27:04 am »
Ah, I redid and fixed my Matin dress.~ I still gotta add another part for her dress, but I'll do that another time hahaha. Here's a couple of pictures.

Offline Washougal_Otaku

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #189 on: February 19, 2013, 05:24:54 pm »
Dont have much progress this time around buuuut

Recieved my sailor Neptune Tiara, shoes and choker piece, I also recieved earrings but they were not the ones I had originally ordered.

:o   WHERE DID YOU FIND THOSE...?
« Last Edit: February 19, 2013, 05:25:27 pm by Washougal_Otaku »

Offline chelseahavoc

• Bunnygirl
    • Chelseahavoc's DA
« Reply #190 on: February 20, 2013, 08:52:23 am »
woo hoo got the skirt done for a secret cosplay (minus the hem)

gonna start cutting out zelda tonight :3

kumoicon 2013:

Offline Tranny

• Catgirl
« Reply #191 on: February 20, 2013, 09:49:59 am »
:o   WHERE DID YOU FIND THOSE...?

I ordered them from Catzia. ---> http://www.catzia.com/
They do run small though. I'm a size 7-7 1/2 so I ordered their 8 and its tight. These took about 2-3weeks to get here if i remember correctly.

Offline toonafeesh

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #192 on: February 21, 2013, 08:14:08 pm »
Some of you may have seen this on my Facebook, but here is my progress for Kida:

I would like to loose the flab around my stomach and love handles before SakuraCon, since I will be wearing this there.

Offline VictorianMess

• Sailor Scout
    • Facebook
« Reply #193 on: February 21, 2013, 09:13:49 pm »
Just finished my fiance's Abel Nightroad coat for Sakuracon. Starting on my dress for Caterina tomorrow.

2014 cosplays

Sharon- Pandora Hearts
Seth- Trinity Blood

Offline Lin

• Catgirl
« Reply #194 on: February 21, 2013, 11:19:46 pm »

After trying multiple ways to get that Mr. Popo eye effect I am finally caving and just decorating a pair of circular glasses to be used for pictures. Gotta paint the rest of the lenses and frames black. Finished my harem pants and am working on the detailing of the vest till I can go get the suede dye for my shoes and the fabric for my turban! Things are happily falling into place on this cosplay.
Secrety secrets!

Offline Washougal_Otaku

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #195 on: February 24, 2013, 01:14:38 pm »
I would like to loose the flab around my stomach and love handles before SakuraCon, since I will be wearing this there.

Though I personally think you look great now, I am assuming that you're going to be Kida from the Disney version of Atlantis, so some loss might not be a bad idea.  Good luck in your goal!

:o    WHERE DID YOU FIND THOSE...?

I ordered them from Catzia. ---> http://www.catzia.com/
They do run small though. I'm a size 7-7 1/2 so I ordered their 8 and its tight. These took about 2-3weeks to get here if i remember correctly.

Thank you!

*goes to look*

HOLY CRAP!!!  THEY HAVE MY SIZE!!!  ...maybe I should go up one...?

Offline Tranny

• Catgirl
« Reply #196 on: February 24, 2013, 04:04:01 pm »
On the site it says if your a 1/2 size to go up to the next size

Offline RoriLei

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #197 on: February 25, 2013, 09:35:02 pm »
Got my green Zoro wig! I also finished a simple Rogue cosplay that I wore to Portland Comic Con and will be wearing to Emerald City Comic Con. Also have plans for a Izzy from TDI costume for Halloween. Planning on making an Owen shirt for my dog to match.

Offline Tanuki19

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #198 on: February 26, 2013, 05:56:51 am »
My Sweetie Belle wig came in the mail early!
« Last Edit: April 22, 2013, 10:50:18 pm by Tanuki19 »

Offline Lin

• Catgirl
« Reply #199 on: February 26, 2013, 07:40:42 pm »
Can't decide which gold ribbon to use on my Mr. Popo vest. The colors are a little off on the gold cause of the lighting, but I would really appreciate some input!
The right side has thinner wavy gold and the left has a thicker straight gold.

Secrety secrets!