Author Topic: You Don't Know Jack: off the air  (Read 2599 times)

Offline TanisNikana

• Bunnygirl
You Don't Know Jack: off the air
« on: September 04, 2012, 11:45:47 pm »
Dear Tanis Nikana,

Unfortunately at this time, we are opting not to order any new episodes of You Don't Know Jack, for the reasons listed below.

1. Declining popularity. Honestly, your show is competing against several other big hitters at Kumoricon and Sakuracon, including the Slightly Anime Dating Game, various dances, Whose Line is it Anyway, and many other popular shows. This is killing your demographic, and YDKJ is failing to bring in good solid ratings in this regard.

2. Failing relativity. You Don't Know Jack isn't Japanese, doesn't embody any aspects of Japanese culture, and doesn't have anything at all to do with anime or manga. It doesn't really belong at either Kumoricon or Sakuracon in their current forms. It would probably do better at Orycon, but the market for it isn't there either.

3. Oversaturated market. Primetime hours on days 1 and 2 of both Kumoricon and Sakuracon are oversaturated with game shows, where there should instead be more diverse panels. The newer demographic of viewers is tending more towards the educational, where they can discover new things they like and want to learn about, to help them grow.

4. Delayed production. We understand you want a quality product, and it takes you quite a long time to produce a show; sometimes upwards of six months. However, our viewers want their shows on the cheap and they want them now. We need more low-budget quick shows. Recently we ordered an episode produced in two weeks, and your production crew responded with a crudely chopped-up rehash of previous episodes. Clip shows do not work in game shows, not in the least. Questions were missing, the host never showed up, and it was an unmitigated disaster.

Therefore, we are declining the option to order new episodes of You Don't Know Jack in the future. We wish you well in your Kumoricon staffing endeavors.

Sincerely,

Tanis Nikana

Offline garfieldelric

• Chibi
    • Garfield's website
Re: You Don't Know Jack: off the air
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2012, 11:54:12 pm »
Needless to say, I will miss it. :(

A proud attendee of Kumoricon and SakuraCon.

Offline Bresslol

• Catgirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2012, 08:53:54 am »
I know we haven't worked together on panels in a year, but this does truly sadden me to hear you're no longer producing this.

Like Conventional Improv on Facebook!

Offline TanisNikana

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2012, 10:11:01 am »
From a pure production effort over payoff ratio, Whose Line is infinitely better; ten minutes of work for two hours of laughs.

Offline Bresslol

• Catgirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2012, 03:17:47 pm »
I'm planning on doing an 18+ gameshow panel at Sakura-Con. I know we've not been on the best of terms on a personal level, but I'd hate to see this go to the wayside. I'd love to offer you a 30-minute spot for one episode, should my panel get approved.

Like Conventional Improv on Facebook!

Offline TanisNikana

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2012, 06:11:41 pm »
Seven episodes over three years is plenty; in fact, I've damn near exhausted my supply of questions. No matter where in anyone's brain I search, there's no good topical questions left! Plus, I'm in for a lot of pre-con work this coming year, so I need to focus on making Kumoricon 2013 the best it can be! It's gonna be hard getting all the refugee-attendees into the ruined remains of the Hilton after the apocalypse of December 21, 2012!

Offline Titus_Love_Doll

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2012, 06:15:34 pm »
This makes me alittle sad i wasent abel to go this year but i love the game and how it was ran Wanted to thank you for all the fun with this from mew con to this con