Author Topic: AMV help  (Read 4618 times)

Offline Negima

• Bunnygirl
AMV help
« on: September 14, 2005, 11:16:01 pm »
I'm trying to play an AMV but I'm having some trouble with it.  I just downloaded an AMV for the first time from amv.org, no problems with the download, I go to play it, but I end up only hearing the audio and not seeing any footage.  Am I missing something?  Do I need to download/purchase something else for them to work?

Please help.  I'd really like to see some old AMVs again.  :cry:

Anonymous

Codecs, maybe?
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2005, 07:32:10 am »
You are probably missing a codec. Intslling them is usually a pain because you have to 'register' them or something, which is a little beyond what I like to do with computers: if it doesn't install witha double-click, I'm off to the next item of interest.

Anyways, one NICE self-installing codec packe is the "Ace Mega" (Google those two words, or you might be able to find it here:
www.free-codecs.com/download/ACE_Mega_CoDecS_Pack.htm

Another great site for all kinds of [whatever]MV-making and codec help is www.doom9.org

Offline guspasho

• Bunnygirl
AMV help
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2005, 07:46:16 am »
Look for a little program called Gspot. It will tell you what codecs are necessary to view the video, too. It really sucks that, as far as technology has come, codecs have become as schizoid as they have.
2008 Facilities Liaison

Offline Sinaj

• Chibi
AMV help
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2005, 08:13:09 am »
Some of the movie players have a codec installer at their home sites that is very easy and painless to install. What program are you trying to view them on?

Offline Negima

• Bunnygirl
AMV help
« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2005, 10:44:40 am »
Wow, so much advice so fast, thank you ^_^.  I'll give those ideas a try when I have some free time.

Quote from: "Sinaj"
Some of the movie players have a codec installer at their home sites that is very easy and painless to install. What program are you trying to view them on?

I'm trying to view it on Windows Media Player.

Offline sassy_lassy

• Chibi
AMV help
« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2005, 10:52:59 pm »
You probably need DIVX if it's just audio going. But make sure to check the last three thingies of the program

such as  .mpg or .avi or .wmv

.avi I find usually getting DIVX solves the problem of watching it.
Sweet Times

Offline Sinaj

• Chibi
AMV help
« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2005, 08:45:47 am »
Here's a link for downloading the xvid codec:

http://www.xvidmovies.com/codec/

And here's one for Divx:

http://www.divx.com/divx/download/

That takes care of those two, which are usual what's missing in cases like this.

Offline Negima

• Bunnygirl
AMV help
« Reply #7 on: September 17, 2005, 10:15:27 pm »
IT WORKS!!!!!!

Thankyouthankyouthankyouthankyouthankyouthankyouthankyouthankyouthankyouthankyouthankyouthankyouthankyouthankyou
thankyouthankyouthankyouthankyouthankyou....