Author Topic: Missed Connections 2012  (Read 8639 times)

Offline Zen

• Cabbit
    • Teh Facebook
Missed Connections 2012
« on: September 04, 2012, 10:04:00 pm »
Can we have a missed connection thread for 2012? I will start.

Me: The Roronoa Zoro cosplayer at the Kumoriball.

You: The staff member I danced with during the last waltz. I believe you were in a lolita cosplay.

We chatted it up for such a short time and I wanted to get to know you better. You told me you'd be going to the Rave. I said I might go when I should've said yes I'll be there. I ended up going to the Rave but I couldn't find you and was sorta bummed out about it. Send me a message if you see this. Or find me on facebook should be in my user profile.
"The World... Yes! Seek freedom, and your world will stand stretched out before your eyes. If the endless dream guides your spirits. Conquer it! Bear Conviction behind your flag!"

-Former Pirate King, Gol D. Roger

Offline zenneth

• Catgirl
Re: Missed Connections 2012
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2012, 10:16:40 pm »
this is not really a missed connection or anything or what so ever...
more like-- an expression of gratitude as i appreciate beauty very much and this cosplayer got my attention

Uploaded at Picoodle.com

you are really pretty in your outfit-- have this nice calm presence eminating around you and have a really unique elegance in you when you walked and all-- well atleast thats how i see it.
i enjoyed your presence and i do hope i at least entertained you with my little in character presentation XD
d(>w<)b
you are great~~
« Last Edit: September 04, 2012, 10:40:47 pm by zenneth »
cosplays done so far: kakuzu, gintoki, danboard, K Dash, assassin cross, loki of the emblem assassins, gilbert nightray, sebastian, black rock shooter kaito

Offline princess_of_zeal

• Catgirl
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2012, 10:35:05 pm »
Choji.  You gave me a hug and wouldn't mind chit chatting.  Well, more like, you asked for a hug and I gave you one.  <.< >.>

This one:  http://www.flickr.com/photos/86604375@N08/7928233820/in/set-72157631399166994/lightbox/

Also seen in the back of this pic:  http://www.flickr.com/photos/86604375@N08/7928232998/in/set-72157631399166994/lightbox/

Offline yukfard

• Cabbit
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2012, 10:48:08 pm »
to that same choji: we played fallout: equestria, i was the ice mage on day 2. also i did a "challenged accepted" that you couldn't do the best hugs. i lost lol.

Offline otakunobody

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2012, 12:20:04 am »
Me: The Chibimano from all three days

You: The Pirate!Spain I had the joy of hanging out with right before you and your group left the night of day 2. As well as any of the hetalia cosplayers I hung out with the night ( both russias, Poland, Lithuania, 2p!greece, Canada, n.Italy, or anyone else I may have forgotten to name)
Kumoricon 2015
- Kiki [Kiki's Delivery Service]
- Hiro [Big Hero 6]

Offline DufenDorgen

• Cabbit
« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2012, 12:28:40 am »
Yeah, she was Quorra this year. I've seen her last year too. And I'm pretty sure someone called the ambulance for me, because I choked. Never said hello and will always beat myself up for it. I was Arthur the Aardvark
« Last Edit: September 05, 2012, 12:39:43 am by DufenDorgen »
I sell snake oil and snake oil accessories. ;)

Offline flyinvee11

• Chibi
« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2012, 02:54:03 am »
Me: blue kimono guy in vendor's hall

You: your name starts with Z

We chatted for a bit about the forums and photoshoots, and i felt like we both wanted to say more, but neither of us did. haha, worth a shot!

Offline MadMoai

• Sailor Scout
    • My deviantart
« Reply #7 on: September 05, 2012, 03:49:54 pm »
Me: The Gakupo who always walked around with a Luka.

You: The amazing "hyper Miku."

We saw you on day 0 a bunch, and while walking down the Red Lion stairs in our Magnet costumes. I think that was the last we saw of you though. Would have liked to talk more. D:
Hmm.. gonna have to find out when I can next go to Kumoricon. Might not be until 2019.

Offline Kisa-chann

• Cabbit
« Reply #8 on: September 05, 2012, 07:24:48 pm »
Me: Shaymin Sky Forme sitting on the steps in front of the Hilton

You: Kid!Loki who waved at me/my sister, walking towards the Red Lion...? (Or in that direction, anyway)

Too late I decided I wanted to get a picture and hug them...and I couldn't find them after cosplay chess D;

Offline brossiya

• Cabbit
    • My DeviantArt
« Reply #9 on: September 05, 2012, 07:48:46 pm »
To that nice line maid in the pink wig, Courtney, I wanted to catch up with you again and tell you that it had been wonderful to meet you but I missed you because my ride came before I could find you.
+APH: Russia
-Canon Coat - 100%
-Children's Day - 95%
-Paint It White Suit - 95%
-Traditional - 0% (for 2013 with friends)
+Resident Evil Merchant - 0%

Offline princess_of_zeal

• Catgirl
« Reply #10 on: September 05, 2012, 11:12:34 pm »
Oh!!!!! Also, Shikamaru that was on day 2 at the Naruto photoshoot with me as Temari as well.  Mostly because I really like Shikamaru and that made my fangirl side happy.  *cough*

Offline TanisNikana

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #11 on: September 05, 2012, 11:38:31 pm »
There was a boy at con, and on the night of day two, he was looking stunning for the ball, with his hair in a bob, a black choker around his neck, a short plaid red dress, and the highest pair of converse I have ever seen, and he was adorable. Like a chump, I never asked him for his number or anything, nor did I abuse my staff power and check his badge to remember his name to look up and flirt with on facebook later. Oh well, a man can dream, a man can dream...

Offline VampireFangs103

• Catgirl
« Reply #12 on: September 06, 2012, 02:59:03 am »
Me: I was sitting in the lobby late on day 1 (Saturday), during the rave. I was on my laptop, by myself, out of cosplay.
You: A guy, who I believe was friends with the Lolita Robin sitting nearby. If I remember right, you had glasses and somewhat longish dark hair. We chatted briefly about past cons, and what we liked about this one.

You said you were going to the rave, and I said I'd look for you at the ball the following evening, however, I wasn't able to make it in. We chatted briefly, but it was interesting and fun! :)

Offline kEnder242

• Oni
« Reply #13 on: September 06, 2012, 08:42:48 am »
Babydoll, I asked you for a dance at the rave but you were kind of preoccupied looking for your brothers.

Offline Tspaugy

• Oni
« Reply #14 on: September 06, 2012, 04:11:35 pm »
So also a long shot lol but i asked you to dance at the ball during one of the waltz songs and we got to talking and the thing that my brain decided to remember was that you lived in Vancouver and you have staffed at sakuracon for 9 years i think it was..anyway i enjoyed talking to you lol

Offline Naitron

• Cabbit
    • Facebook
« Reply #15 on: September 07, 2012, 12:37:34 am »
We were in the "Anime that scarred me for life" panel.  You moved to sit next to me and my friend who was Adam Jensen from Deus Ex.  Anyways it was really nice talking to you about Evangelion, Supernatural, and other weird stuff.  I just realized that you were the only person I had a conversation about with Anime during the whole con!  Anyways because of you I'm rewatching Evangelion and excited for more supernatural :) Thank you for the talk sorry we had to leave staff duties were calling :p. 

Offline Besieged.Infection

• Cabbit
    • Infection's Notebook
« Reply #16 on: September 08, 2012, 11:26:14 am »
Me: Alena, long black dress, orange hair, glasses, and avoiding "The Stalker."

You: Lelouch cosplayer at the ball. We danced quite a few times, and I forgot to get your e-mail address.
Sakuracon '13: 19th Century Xion (Kingdom Hearts), 18th Century-Style Humanoid Tonberry (Final Fantasy VII), Lilith (Blood Jew'l), and (Female?) Kyouya O. (Ouran.)

Offline TanisNikana

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #17 on: September 19, 2012, 08:14:43 pm »
Did anybody ever get found?

Offline chelseahavoc

• Bunnygirl
    • Chelseahavoc's DA
« Reply #18 on: September 19, 2012, 09:35:53 pm »
you: woman with short hair and glasses

me: woman in white "empty" heart shirt and polka dot boxers dressed as catherine.

where: at the fabric swap. you were totaly awesome and i miss talking with you. i totaly dont remember your screen name ;-;
kumoicon 2013:
day 0: ANIMAL CROSSING Mayor
day 1: morning- Guu (hare + guu)
day 1: afternoon- Terra (ff6)
day 2: chibi moon (sailor moon)
day 3: Princess Zelda (loz:oot)

Offline iceytina

• Cabbit
    • Cashlin Snow's Blog
« Reply #19 on: September 27, 2012, 08:55:22 pm »
That Kato from day 3. Hardly a missed connection, since I wasn't even there, but saw that you were.
And I want to know who you are to talk to you all about Kato.  :-\

Offline Besieged.Infection

• Cabbit
    • Infection's Notebook
« Reply #20 on: October 05, 2012, 10:50:22 am »
So also a long shot lol but i asked you to dance at the ball during one of the waltz songs and we got to talking and the thing that my brain decided to remember was that you lived in Vancouver and you have staffed at sakuracon for 9 years i think it was..anyway i enjoyed talking to you lol

About how old was this person? And what gender? Do you remember what they were wearing, or anything physical? (I like in Vancouver. I might know them.)
Sakuracon '13: 19th Century Xion (Kingdom Hearts), 18th Century-Style Humanoid Tonberry (Final Fantasy VII), Lilith (Blood Jew'l), and (Female?) Kyouya O. (Ouran.)

Offline Tankou001

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #21 on: November 01, 2012, 06:52:00 pm »
I got found. I'm Chouji! Xp
Cosplay Progress:
Akimichi Chouji: 90%
Big Macintosh: 20%

Offline Tankou001

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #22 on: November 05, 2012, 02:42:06 am »
you two peoples in the Spartan Armor (Ya, you know who you are), wanted to chill with you some time. Met you in armor the very next weekend waiting for the max to get to Hempstalk and that was super cool. wanted to chill and be friends outside of con with you guys. Too good to pass up the chance to know such awesome people. Drop me a line ^^
Cosplay Progress:

Offline GregAtlas

• Catgirl
« Reply #23 on: November 16, 2012, 02:13:14 pm »
Me: Kaito on day 0 and 1. Kefka (or as many people called out "Hey purple guy!") on day 2.

you: well... anybody interested really. ^^'

Oh, and Iceytina is talking about this Kato from day 3:

someone help her out?
Kaito - 99% done
Blitzcrank - 40% done
Darkrai - 90% done

Offline Teddy_Bearxx

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #24 on: November 16, 2012, 03:35:57 pm »
Oh!!!!! Also, Shikamaru that was on day 2 at the Naruto photoshoot with me as Temari as well.  Mostly because I really like Shikamaru and that made my fangirl side happy.  *cough*

Pffft. That's Nicky for yeah. Hes a great guy, and he'll be there again next year, so keep an eye out for him okay!

Offline prussia

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #25 on: November 16, 2012, 07:22:30 pm »
Me: rather tall Italy outside con day 2

You: the sweet miku who talked to me while i was waiting for my ride

you were really sweet c: i liked chatting with you! i guess this is more of a shout out for kindly keeping me company while i was waiting for my mom, i felt really sick then, it was nice! i didn't see you again the rest of con but i really appreciated that!

Offline princess_of_zeal

• Catgirl
« Reply #26 on: November 22, 2012, 08:43:41 pm »
Oh!!!!! Also, Shikamaru that was on day 2 at the Naruto photoshoot with me as Temari as well.  Mostly because I really like Shikamaru and that made my fangirl side happy.  *cough*

Pffft. That's Nicky for yeah. Hes a great guy, and he'll be there again next year, so keep an eye out for him okay!

Will do.  <.< >.>  Except I'm shy and most likely won't say anything.  >.<
« Last Edit: November 22, 2012, 08:45:43 pm by princess_of_zeal »

Offline MadMoai

• Sailor Scout
    • My deviantart
« Reply #27 on: November 30, 2012, 04:39:33 pm »
Me (Us): The Gakupo and Luka who sang Magnet at the Karaoke room. (we were usually there in the mornings)

You: The sisters who also sang Magnet. I believe one of you also sang a song called Six Trillion Years and a Night or something like that? You sounded like fun convention buddies... although I don't remember whether or not you lived in Washington.
Hmm.. gonna have to find out when I can next go to Kumoricon. Might not be until 2019.

Offline Tankou001

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #28 on: December 05, 2012, 06:29:42 pm »
Oh!!!!! Also, Shikamaru that was on day 2 at the Naruto photoshoot with me as Temari as well.  Mostly because I really like Shikamaru and that made my fangirl side happy.  *cough*

Don't worry, I know the guy and i'll just drag him up to you. He'll like it after the fact. he always does Xp
Cosplay Progress:

Offline Teddy_Bearxx

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #29 on: December 10, 2012, 04:01:10 pm »

Don't worry, I know the guy and i'll just drag him up to you. He'll like it after the fact. he always does Xp

^ agreed. He is VERY nice. I met him when he was hanging out with my sister.