Author Topic: Highlights of KumoriCon 2012  (Read 65798 times)

Offline Raiphin

• Sailor Scout
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • Raiphin Cosplay Facebook Page
Re: Highlights of KumoriCon 2012
« Reply #50 on: September 09, 2012, 11:51:56 am »
Man, I tell you what, seeing all these highlights made me wish I saw even at least one panel at con this year, and not just ten minutes of closing ceremonies.

But staffers gonna staff.

Someones gotta do the dirty work!

The two Master Chiefs Gangnam stylin it up

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-DY6mARSHcA

Thank you. Thank you very much.

....on a semi-related note, I run an Intro to Cosplay panel----could I use that vid as the most concise explanation of why you should make your armor out of craft foam I have ever seen? Credited properly, of course.
~Raiphin~
facebook.com/RaiphinCosplay

Upcoming Cons: GGC, Akicon, Sakuracon
Costumes: Hajime (Gatchaman CROWDS), Rise (Persona4), Meilin (CardCaptor Sakura), Mahou Shoujo Madoka (PMMM)

Offline Tomecko

• Sailor Scout
    • My Deviantart
« Reply #51 on: September 09, 2012, 12:17:59 pm »
- The karaoke contest.  The performers were adorable...and I was stunned by the reaction when I performed "Bratja/Brothers".  I wrote those lyrics eight years ago, and there have been so many beautiful covers from the beginning (especially Vic's and Boisu's) that I was always too nervous to try performing them myself.  That was the first time I'd ever sung the song myself in front of a live audience, and the way people responded gave me chills.  Thank you, everyone, so much.  ♥

Aww, FilkAeris, I was in the karaoke contest and I loved hearing you sing! And watching you guys dance Gangnam Style. And I know the girl next to me was moved to tears during your performance of Brothers, it was just such a beautiful and moving translation.

Con Highlights for me:
- Confusing people on Day 3 as Hitsugaya. It was my first crossplay, and I particularly loved when the karaoke room staff couldn't recognize me, when I'd been hanging out in there non-stop all weekend.

- Madoka Magica photoshoot. So many magical girls! SO MANY HOMURAS. The one Charlotte we had was such a cool idea for a cosplay.

- Both of the Dating Games, it's one of my very favorite events to attend at any convention. Slightly Anime is amazing. I'm alllllmost brave enough to stand up and be a contestant myself.

- Seeing my con friends - the karaoke usuals, fellow Sailor Moonies, my hotel room buddies, and more!

- Seeing lots of great or cleverly done cosplays, makes me want to sew a million more!

- Very informative panels on a lot of topics I'd been wanting to get into - props, bodypainting, lighting, etc.

|DeviantArt|Cosplay.com|
My Etsy shop:

Offline crazydude

• Oni
« Reply #52 on: September 12, 2012, 02:40:55 pm »
in case anyone missed it or want's to relive it, i posted the all ages whose line and bressler's game show on youtube!

whose line:  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gwuYQOfo9vs

game show:  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ga2wHXdr5fI

i'm particularly proud of the the game show video[even if it was a pain in the butt to work on].  it's bressler approved!  enjoy!

Offline Tankou001

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #53 on: October 25, 2012, 10:55:03 pm »
Pony Picnic!
Last Con with My Chouji Armor.
The Blackstar! it's ALL about Blackstar ^^ (Who I simply MUSt chill with. Apparently I hang out with friends of his all the time, just haven't personally chilled with HIM!)
Being a Contestant In The Slightly anime Dating game +18 (Which my voice was, sadly, SHOT in. Couldn't even answer a couple questions. Worth it)
Talking to the Dating Game people.

Chillin with all my awesome Staff buddies ^^
STARTING The Glomp Circle! (WOOO! By popular Demand two days runnin)
Roomin With The Party Pope!

Having sooo much loving support when my armor got stolen (it made me remember that, even without my armor, Everyone still sees me as Chouji. Like family ^^
Cosplay Progress:
Akimichi Chouji: 90%
Big Macintosh: 20%

Offline wildlavender

• Cabbit
    • My DeviantART account! :D
« Reply #54 on: November 06, 2012, 05:14:34 pm »
-The karaoke contest! FilkAeris was the best! I had participated in the auditions, but due to nervousness I completely screwed up. I was feeling a little down because of it, but I met a lot of the people that participated in the finals. I don't regret going and cheering them on ^u^

-Meeting new buddies! I saw a Light and an L chained together, and L had a sign that said "will investigate for cookies". It was right by the karaoke room, so I went around the corner, went to the shop and bought them a cookie. Next day, I was walking around the park by myself moping, and I meet a female Tobi cosplayer. Turns out, she had heard about what I pulled with the L and Light cosplayers. It was awesome to know I made someones day :D

-Lightning round for signatures from Sonny. They don't call it a lightning round for nothing, I thought it would be a minute or two before he got to me, and I looked over at the guy keeping tabs on the line, and asked if my sleeve would be okay to sign because I wasn't able to bring anything. Well guess who was right next to me.....*derp!*

-Seeing the infamous Black Star for the first time....technically, I heard him before I saw him xD

-Participating in the Glomp Circle for the first time!
Kumoricon 2014 Cosplays:
Matryoshka! Gumi (Vocaloid): (100%)
Tiger (Monster Rancher 4): (90%)
Nuregami (Okami): (100%)
Kululu (Sgt. Frog): (95%)

Offline mesaverde

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #55 on: November 18, 2012, 02:07:00 pm »
KCon 2012 was amazing! And I already can't wait for 2013, where I'll actually know what's happening instead of being lost and clueless!

Hilights for me:

Glomp circles! Seriously I think my friend and I spent a total of 10 hours in glomp circles, and regret nothing.

"In order to reduce his debt to China, America should have to sell his Virginia" in the Hetalia panel.

The ball was so much fun, and my friends and I had a contest to see who could dance with the most people. 

Cosplay chess! That was so much fun to watch, and I hope to participate next year!

AND FINALLY

Just being at a con for the first time and meeting all sorts of awesome people!

Kumoricon 2014 tentative lineup:
Day 1: Yumichika Ayasegawa (Bleach)
Day 2: Flamenco Jolteon (Pokemon)
Day 3: Fujisake Yuusuke/Bossun (Sket Dance)
Day 4: Superbi Squalo (Katekyo Hitman Reborn)

Offline GregAtlas

• Catgirl
« Reply #56 on: November 20, 2012, 01:07:49 pm »
"In order to reduce his debt to China, America should have to sell his Virginia" in the Hetalia panel.
lol, while I'm sure that was meant to sound dirty, I wouldn't mind so much if D.C. was with the trade. America would probably be better off.
Kaito - 99% done
Blitzcrank - 40% done
Darkrai - 90% done

Offline mesaverde

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #57 on: November 20, 2012, 03:43:59 pm »
lol, while I'm sure that was meant to sound dirty, I wouldn't mind so much if D.C. was with the trade. America would probably be better off.
Someone said that America should have to sell his first born child. Virginia was the first state (I think). It also sounds dirty.

And isn't DC technically part of Virginia?

Offline bunny_jean

• Catgirl
« Reply #58 on: November 20, 2012, 07:57:27 pm »
Someone said that America should have to sell his first born child. Virginia was the first state (I think). It also sounds dirty.

Delaware was the first state, and Virginia was the 10th.

DC is not part of Virginia. It is under direct jurisdiction of Congress. You can read more here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Washington,_D.C.
Line up:
-Kageyama (Haikyuu)
-Cordelia (Fire Emblem Awakening)
-Marauder Ashe (League of Legends)
-??? Who knows what else. Probably a cosplay I can wear my glasses with.

Offline mesaverde

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #59 on: November 20, 2012, 08:16:28 pm »

DC is not part of Virginia. It is under direct jurisdiction of Congress. You can read more here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Washington,_D.C.
Wow I was way off. Clearly I need to pay more attention in history class. Dammit.

Offline GregAtlas

• Catgirl
« Reply #60 on: December 02, 2012, 05:43:39 am »

Wow I was way off. Clearly I need to pay more attention in history class. Dammit.
Hehe, understandable. Yes, it is under its own jurisdiction while not technically being a state in and of itself, and some debate whether it is even part of the US.
Kaito - 99% done
Blitzcrank - 40% done
Darkrai - 90% done

Offline garfieldelric

• Chibi
    • Garfield's website
« Reply #61 on: February 14, 2013, 07:40:24 pm »
Was there a pony panel this con? I cannot remember....

A proud attendee of Kumoricon and SakuraCon.

Offline garfieldelric

• Chibi
    • Garfield's website
« Reply #62 on: April 11, 2013, 07:38:09 pm »
And I also think that EVERYONE <3s Black Star, safe to say. :D

A proud attendee of Kumoricon and SakuraCon.

Offline fadadio

• Cabbit
    • Facebook
« Reply #63 on: April 12, 2013, 12:34:11 pm »
Kumoricon was my first Con, so when I went there it was amazing seeing all the cosplays, I felt like I had entered animeland. My fondest memory of it is spending time with friends and walking around in a half drunken state cosplaying as Beetlejuice