Author Topic: Highlights of KumoriCon 2012  (Read 65778 times)

Offline garfieldelric

• Chibi
    • Garfield's website
Highlights of KumoriCon 2012
« on: September 03, 2012, 11:57:43 pm »
Yep! It's time to post your highlights of Kumoricon 2012.
---
-Bresslol's panels, bar none. From the game show panel, the roast and both Whose Line panels...... I'm proud of our bresslol. :D

-The gaming room, and me bringing out "The Price is Right: Decades". So much fun.....

Now, your turn, folks. :D

A proud attendee of Kumoricon and SakuraCon.

Offline princess_of_zeal

• Catgirl
Re: Highlights of KumoriCon 2012
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2012, 12:21:28 am »
Yep! It's time to post your highlights of Kumoricon 2012.
---
-Bresslol's panels, bar none. From the game show panel, the roast and both Whose Line panels...... I'm proud of our bresslol. :D

Agreed.  Other highlights:

-Helping some people make repairs to their cosplays was nice.  (Sometimes it pays to be a pack rat)

-Helping some people get their props peace bound.  (Some of them weren't acceptable but were after they used some of my super glue)

-I was in my first glomp circle.  (Multiple times)

-This was my first KumoriCon and it was a blast

Offline hawk222

• Chibi
    • Hawk222's tumblr
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2012, 01:42:42 am »
-Meeting up with my friends from tumblr (two of whom I'd met the year before but hadn't really gotten to know at the time, and one who I'd never officially met until the con)!

-Finally receiving love for my new cosplay! (Seriously, in the three years I've cosplayed Luxord, I've never gotten as much love as I did cosplaying Shinra for just half of Day 2! And Casual Shinra on Day 3, too.)

Offline GregAtlas

• Catgirl
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2012, 01:49:47 am »
Scaring people with my Kefka laugh. I didn't expect it to cause so many people to jump. (Sounded like I got Spot in the photobooth too. Sorry Spot! ^^' People were asking for it to put on video.) The best part was that most of the people who jumped were watching me and (I would assume) expect the laugh from the character.

Being able to take a picture with mama's boy's sword. Uwee hee hee~

People recognizing me as Kaito and wanting pictures... I had more pictures and hugs on day 0 (let alone day 1) than my entire con last year. :D

Despite not being finished; people recognizing Kefka. :D Even though I got a lot of "what in the world are you? .... OOOOHHhhhhh yeah!" (not to mention the reactions from the normals which was surprisingly okay with it XD) it was nice getting pics taken and people not actually freaking out that a guy is running around in a loin cloth and wings in public.

Being selected for the slightly anime dating game 18+. Despite bombing on my answers (and sometimes not able to understand the questions). >.< costume falling apart on me 3 times while on the way up and actually up there did not help my nerves one little bit.

Getting my badge back at the lost and found on day 2. I ended up losing it while trying to fix a wardrobe malfunction.

Being able to relax a little more this year. The layout of the hotels was so much nicer, especially the way the game room/garage was set up and giving a lot more room for artist alley and exhibitor hall. Upstairs in the Hilton had some A/C issues being too cold, but I figure that's because it was overcompensating for down stairs.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2012, 02:10:58 am by GregAtlas »
Kaito - 99% done
Blitzcrank - 40% done
Darkrai - 90% done

Offline veraca

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2012, 04:47:10 pm »
- The people who attended my "Voice Acting & Shakespeare" panel were a blast~! Same with those who came to the "Risembool Rangers" panel, probably the last one I'll host

- To everyone who loved on our Fairly Godparents cosplays

- The Dealer's Room. Much bigger, with a single tight corner toward the exit, but it was nicely laid out. Great layout for the Artist's Alley

- The Jirachi giving dance lessons before the ball at the infobooth

- THE Black*Star, who oddly enough, I never saw or heard ;.; But I know you were there

- Whose Line 18+ panel
Dreaming is easy, dreamwalking is hard.
Kumori'15
Kanata (Trinity Universe)

Offline nikkiolie

• It's over nine THOUSAND!!!!!
    • Facebook
« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2012, 04:57:31 pm »
HEYGURLHEEEEEY!

who's line
the roast
chess
and hanging out with my friends.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2012, 04:58:01 pm by nikkiolie »

Offline MadMoai

• Sailor Scout
    • My deviantart
« Reply #6 on: September 04, 2012, 05:31:38 pm »
The D.Gray-man improv panel was probably my favorite part of the entire convention, even though I don't watch D.Gray-man that much. It wasn't the most organized panel ever but that was part of what made it so fun and spontaneous. After all, if it had a rigid schedule then it wouldn't be improv, now would it? :D

Also getting Vocaloid keychains from the Artist's Alley was nice. There was one booth with so many different cute ones, and I managed to get one for my friend who would have liked to come to the convention but didn't get to, so that turned out great.

I also think that my Magnet costume this year turned out great. According to my Magnet partner, a lot of people thought I was a guy...
« Last Edit: September 04, 2012, 06:07:03 pm by MadMoai »
Hmm.. gonna have to find out when I can next go to Kumoricon. Might not be until 2019.

Offline nikkiolie

• It's over nine THOUSAND!!!!!
    • Facebook
« Reply #7 on: September 04, 2012, 05:48:51 pm »
OH YEAH! The super cute octopus that I got from the dealers hall. I <3 my booger.

Offline Washougal_Otaku

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #8 on: September 04, 2012, 06:02:19 pm »
For me, it was either day 3 in which I got to hug a chibi Pinkie Pie and an Apple Bloom within a 5-minute time frame, or day 2 in which my male Pinkie Pie used a pair of Hostess Cupcakes as censor bars over the breasts of an adult Yoko and an adult Shinobu, or day 2 or where Pinkie Pie successfully made friends with Slenderman.

Okay, the last one wins, I believe... now the world will know TRUE TERROR!!! MWAHAHAHAHA!!! ;D
« Last Edit: September 05, 2012, 04:21:17 am by Washougal_Otaku »
My cosplay plans for 2022 (thus far): Vanir from Konosuba
My son's plans this year (thus far): Penguin Chiyo-chan from Azumanga Daioh

Offline crazydude

• Oni
« Reply #9 on: September 04, 2012, 10:35:53 pm »
the 18+ version of the whose line panel was a crowning moment of funny if there ever was one.  never have i laughed so hard ever before, that it gave me a headache[but, did i mind?  heck no!].  it more than made up for me not being able to get into the 18+ whose line at sakura-con!

other highlights for me personally include belting out "wanted dead or alive" like a boss on the rock band stage and having the small crowd going.

[i guess] seeing the fire being put out at the thing across the river[i was staying at the red lion as you can guess].

as a first time visitor, the kumoricon retrospective was informative and even a little funny.

no disrespect to bressler at all, but the you don't know jack thing was pretty good and hilarious too

the amount of stuff i bought from the artist alley.  i don't normally buy that much stuff from there, but i guess i was just that impressed by the stuff there.

the food portions at the red lion's restaurant.  never did i feel more full after having dinner on night 1.  i seriously did not expect the bowls for the chowder to be so big.

getting to shoot the breeze a little bit with dinger during lunch on day 2.

all of the staff.  my goodness you were all wonderful to talk to during the more idle hours of the con[particularly durning the mornings]!

from the heart of this man who traveled all the way from bellingham to be there, i want to say thank you so very much!  there certainly will be a next time when i visit kumoricon.  it may not be in 2013, but i will do my best to make it back whenever i choose to go!

Offline Len-chan

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #10 on: September 04, 2012, 10:44:58 pm »
Well It was my first Kumoricon and I decided to just jump right in (only my second con ever) made my first cosplay people complimented me alot on it +++++++ that was amazing!!!! big confidence boost except my banana plush backpack actually got more compliments than my actual cosplay but meh (i did hand sew the backpack so thats a +)

I decided to jump into Kumoricon by being a Yojimbo WOOT had an awesome time will definitely be a Yojimbo again next year+++++

I did an imitation black len kagamine (yes im a guy and i was in a dress :P) people mistook me for a girl until i spoke made me laugh so hard XD got tons of compliments+++++

Yojimboing the 18+ panels LMAO omg .... whos line panel >.< and the slightly anime dating game made me cry they where so funny+++++
1st year Kumoricon already loving the community

Offline baka-imouto

• Chibi
    • Tumblr
« Reply #11 on: September 04, 2012, 11:35:12 pm »
For my first Kumoricon, being in the Bleach Captain's panel and getting a lot of great feedback about my Hitsugaya improv acting. I finally got to meet a Matsumoto cosplayer and have a con friend!! As Momiji on the 3rd day, I got so much love and got to be in a photoshoot (With my Tohru) thanks to Chris, the really awesome staff photographer! During the shoot, I got to learn several really cool photography tricks. Momiji got so much love and I'll definitely bring this costume back and be in cosplay chess next year (I was late this year and didn't make it in time, so I was replaced.)! During the Cosplay contest green room, I made friends with Baby America, who ended up sitting in my lap for a while!! >v<
Kumoricon 2016: (Days are undecided so far)

Halloween 2010 Prussia (In progress- prop and cosplay started)
Halloween 2011 slave Prussia (In progress- cosplay finished and props started)
Cardverse Prussia (Well.. I have the pattern. -shrugs-)

Offline Naitron

• Cabbit
    • Facebook
« Reply #12 on: September 05, 2012, 03:11:57 am »
Watching the two Master Chiefs dance to Gangnam Style outside of the Karaoke room :)

Offline Raiphin

• Sailor Scout
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • Raiphin Cosplay Facebook Page
« Reply #13 on: September 05, 2012, 06:14:35 am »
Watching the two Master Chiefs dance to Gangnam Style outside of the Karaoke room :)

.....is there video of that somewhere? Because there should be......

Being a contestant in the Dating Game!!!
And signing over 50 contracts with people as Kyubey. XD

The 24hr prior to con were kind of miserable, thank you all for making the following 72hr pretty amazing.
~Raiphin~
facebook.com/RaiphinCosplay

Upcoming Cons: GGC, Akicon, Sakuracon
Costumes: Hajime (Gatchaman CROWDS), Rise (Persona4), Meilin (CardCaptor Sakura), Mahou Shoujo Madoka (PMMM)

Offline chelseahavoc

• Bunnygirl
    • Chelseahavoc's DA
« Reply #14 on: September 05, 2012, 07:59:00 am »
~getting a small freak out and a hug from a little pinkie pie when i was in sailor moon (she was so cute!)

~meeting shadow/zensuke. awesomesause right there

~actually getting to kinda hang out with wash & chan <3 i love you too so much

~running into connor after about 2 years n.n

~cosplay chess <3!!!!!!!!

~getting a deku tree sprout made from artist ally <3!

~ every one that showed up to the fabric swap and took our/my fabric! thank you for freeing up space and im glad i could make your day!

~seeing all my con friends
« Last Edit: September 05, 2012, 08:05:29 am by chelseahavoc »
kumoicon 2013:
day 0: ANIMAL CROSSING Mayor
day 1: morning- Guu (hare + guu)
day 1: afternoon- Terra (ff6)
day 2: chibi moon (sailor moon)
day 3: Princess Zelda (loz:oot)

Offline Naitron

• Cabbit
    • Facebook
« Reply #15 on: September 05, 2012, 11:59:43 am »

.....is there video of that somewhere? Because there should be......

I did record it but the audio is kind of hard to hear.  I'm gonna redub it with gangnam style then post it.

Offline veraca

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #16 on: September 05, 2012, 12:25:41 pm »
Oh yeah another highlight was the full furry Umbreon cosplayer on Day 0 or Day 1. They were awsome when we saw them in the farmer's market.
Dreaming is easy, dreamwalking is hard.
Kumori'15
Kanata (Trinity Universe)

Offline MustardGal

• Oni
« Reply #17 on: September 05, 2012, 06:50:15 pm »
Whose Line and Dating Game. Best panels ever. :3

Offline VictorianMess

• Sailor Scout
    • Facebook
« Reply #18 on: September 05, 2012, 06:54:14 pm »
Being pulled aside as Sakura from Tsubasa to take a picture with a little Sakura from Cardcaptors. So cute! It really made my day.

2014 cosplays

Sharon- Pandora Hearts
Seth- Trinity Blood

Offline Woodrat

• Cabbit
« Reply #19 on: September 05, 2012, 09:13:27 pm »
Woodrat’s highlights (in no particular order)

- Both "Who's line" panels, self explanatory.

- Watching all of the awesome cosplays and such in the park.

- Being invited in on two different Jenga games down in the parking garage the second day. I do not know who you guys (and gals) were, but thank you! It really brightened up my day.

- The Artist Alley, was fun to look at and buy from, and the layout for the spot was quite nice in my opinion. 

- "Curse You Anime!" panel was quite fun. I thought the game was a blast and the others in the room seemed to have fun with it as well.

- My friend being quite foolish and accidentally walking into the wrong bathroom due to assuming that the layout on one side was the exact same as the layout on the other side of the hotel secondary lobby area.

- Seeing someone cosplay "Adam Jensen" from Deus Ex: Human Revolution. Was not excepting it and really wish I had managed to get a photo of him. 

- The staff, for being extremely helpful and friendly to this first time con-goer. 

Offline Syaoran_Sakura.Kinomoto

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #20 on: September 05, 2012, 09:25:57 pm »
Well It was my first Kumoricon and I decided to just jump right in (only my second con ever) made my first cosplay people complimented me alot on it +++++++ that was amazing!!!! big confidence boost except my banana plush backpack actually got more compliments than my actual cosplay but meh (i did hand sew the backpack so thats a +)

I decided to jump into Kumoricon by being a Yojimbo WOOT had an awesome time will definitely be a Yojimbo again next year+++++

I did an imitation black len kagamine (yes im a guy and i was in a dress :P) people mistook me for a girl until i spoke made me laugh so hard XD got tons of compliments+++++

Yojimboing the 18+ panels LMAO omg .... whos line panel >.< and the slightly anime dating game made me cry they where so funny+++++

Dammit and another highlight is for you, Apparently I mistook you as a girl. xO
Kumoru Con 2013 cosplay plan:
Friday: Secret Police Hacker Kagamine Len
Saturday: Black Rock Shooter (male version)
Sunday: Kagamine Len (Fleeting Moon Flower)
Monday: Secret

Offline Tanuki19

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #21 on: September 05, 2012, 09:28:05 pm »
- Seeing someone cosplay "Adam Jensen" from Deus Ex: Human Revolution. Was not excepting it and really wish I had managed to get a photo of him. 

Finally! someone else recognized that perfect Jensen! So happy we weren't the only ones XD

Okay so highlights...highlights....
- Number one was definitely the Jensen. Hands down. He made mine and my best friend's con.
- The artist alley and how amazing all the art was. I spent so much money on buttons XD
- Hanging out in the park and watching all the cosplayers
- The rave on Day 2

Offline invader1337

• Cabbit
« Reply #22 on: September 05, 2012, 09:48:10 pm »
It was all wonderful but some moments that stood out for me were:

-Doing my first major cosplay (I had been Yuki Eiri from Gravitation a few times before) as The Monarch from Venture Bros.
-Getting a hall cosplay ribbon for Best Comedy
-Being a prize in the Slightly Anime Dating Game
-Being a contestant in the Slightly Anime Dating Game 18+
- Having a first time Kumoricon-er in my hotel group and knowing he had fun :-D
"I'm not gonna flush... Let them see the wrath of The Monarch!!"

Offline govi

• Sailor Scout
    • Overwrought Designs
« Reply #23 on: September 05, 2012, 10:50:37 pm »
The Fight For Your OTP panel was a blast!

The layout for Artist's Alley was quite nice.

The Hentai-oke panel was all kinds of fun, particularly the "Eeeeeevery day~" from the Kenpachi cosplayer

The weather was great, and everyone was so friendly!

The Flame Princess cosplayer in the slightly sparkly dress, and the Ice King.  You guys were particularly awesome.
Kumoricon 2011: Young Iroh (Avatar the Last Airbender)

Offline GregAtlas

• Catgirl
« Reply #24 on: September 06, 2012, 04:27:23 am »
Oh yeah another highlight was the full furry Umbreon cosplayer on Day 0 or Day 1. They were awsome when we saw them in the farmer's market.
^ this for sure. I kinda wish I could get in contact with them.
~getting a small freak out and a hug from a little pinkie pie when i was in sailor moon (she was so cute!)

~meeting shadow/zensuke. awesomesause right there

~actually getting to kinda hang out with wash & chan <3 i love you too so much

~running into connor after about 2 years n.n

~cosplay chess <3!!!!!!!!

~getting a deku tree sprout made from artist ally <3!

~ every one that showed up to the fabric swap and took our/my fabric! thank you for freeing up space and im glad i could make your day!

~seeing all my con friends
Aww, no causing havoc with a purple freak and ninja who was missing his puppy?

The weather was great, and everyone was so friendly!
^ this ^.^
Kaito - 99% done
Blitzcrank - 40% done
Darkrai - 90% done

Offline AllyKat

• Administrator
« Reply #25 on: September 06, 2012, 09:30:21 am »

OMG were you the cool Yojimbo that was at the 18+ whose line! All of us agreed, you were such a sweety! I am the Director who helped you ID folks! Such a fun panel!
2009 - Attendee
2010 - Facilities Liaison
2011 - Director of Publicity
2012 - Director of Publicity
2013 - Facilities Liaison
2014 - Vice Chair

Offline TanisNikana

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #26 on: September 06, 2012, 10:05:46 am »
Everyone did what the Yojimbo asked of them, as far as waiting in line peacefully, and not blocking hallways. Except one guy. But that's just one guy.

This made my job a whole lot easier.

Offline bunny_jean

• Catgirl
« Reply #27 on: September 06, 2012, 10:10:13 am »
I think my favorite highlight was being in the green room for the Cosplay Contest. SO MANY FEELS. Also winning a skit award for a skit we literally only practiced the previous night. >_<
Line up:
-Kageyama (Haikyuu)
-Cordelia (Fire Emblem Awakening)
-Marauder Ashe (League of Legends)
-??? Who knows what else. Probably a cosplay I can wear my glasses with.

Offline DSaturn

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #28 on: September 06, 2012, 10:17:16 am »
I made a list this year, because I remember a similar thread from last year...

-Day 1, 7:30am, Outside our hotel room: "Shake your booty"

-BlackStar having a fanboy moment and saying "This is for real" when he signed the book I made of con last year.

-Me picking up what I though were my Lenalee boots holding them out for Barbie, asking her "Do you like my boots" and her replying "Those are Pants" with a serious tone/face. I had one boot and leg of my pants instead.

-Barbie was too nervous to go run and glomp BlackStar while we were waiting in line for Photobooth, so Whitecougar went over and was talking to him. Next thing we know, she comes back saying that BlackStar was calling for Barbie, which none of us heard, and then he got in to the elevator. She took off running around the hotel for a good half hour looking for him.

-Barbie kept getting cold, so she was sitting between a couple of us. I said that she was having a warmgasm, and Phoenixwolf thought I said "You're hiding a wombat"

-Day 2: There was a mini party going on outside our hotel room. We were getting ready for bed, joking around and "I'm naked" popped out... It got quieter outside.

-Barbie stole my chibi picture of Link I had got at Artist Alley, and she went trying to run out the back door of the hotel room... DIP had locked it, so she ended up pulling and then falling flat on her face.

-Day 3: BlackStar agreed to marry Barbie, which caused a funny little moment where she went off on her boyfriend (jokingly) saying that BlackStar was the one that agreed to marry her, and DIP never did.

-A couple of people were talking about Pokemon behind us, and they said something about how Gary caught like 40 pokemon and Ash had only caught 6, so Ash was a loser. The Ash in our group then went to the corner and started sulking.

-Walking back to our room from getting ice, I told Barbie to make a hard right at our room, which was the first room before the lobby, and when we jumped in it, the people who had been following us through the hall went "Woah, that's somebody's room."
Kumoricon 2013 The Phoenix Down Slackers will be cosplaying:

Offline DSaturn

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #29 on: September 06, 2012, 10:20:43 am »
- Having a first time Kumoricon-er in my hotel group and knowing he had fun :-D
I can ditto that one... We had a first-timer too.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2012, 10:20:52 am by DSaturn »
Kumoricon 2013 The Phoenix Down Slackers will be cosplaying:

Offline ichigo_m.

• Catgirl
    • OhMyCosplay
« Reply #30 on: September 06, 2012, 01:03:25 pm »
The Pokemon guys in the gaming room! They were so nice! :D
Kumoricon 2014: Pearl - Sakizou. Princess Serenity - Sailor Moon. Undine Asuna - SAO. Zelda - A Link Between Worlds.

Offline TanisNikana

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #31 on: September 06, 2012, 03:29:54 pm »

Offline princess_of_zeal

• Catgirl
« Reply #32 on: September 06, 2012, 03:35:16 pm »

Offline The_Emo_Schemer

• Sailor Scout
    • Facebook
« Reply #33 on: September 06, 2012, 03:40:06 pm »
HEYGIRLHEYY~!! I loved that I could find all my friends that way and they found me that way. Don't care who didn't like it, it was fun for the people in our group.

ALL THE GANGNAM EVERYWHERE! When it was played during skit contest, most of us in the green room started doing it in our seats too. That was fun.

My roommates were the best, I had so much fun with everyone in my room this year.

Running around in Waldo (waldette?) at nights was a good idea. I got hugs and someone thought I was adorable and gave me candy. :'3

Whose Line panels, I laughed so much I cried and then couldn't breathe. It was great.

Everyone I met during con in general was awesome and chill. People really made the con for me this year since I'm not much of a panel person.

OH OH! Most nights my friends and I ran into a guy with a kitten on his shoulder and we got to pet and hold the kitten. It was too adorable. ;w;
2012 Kumoricon Cosplay
Fire Nation Disguise Suki -A:TLAB
Lenalee Lee - D.Gray-man
Sasuke - Brave 10
Yuffie Kisaragi
Sailor Moon

Offline bunny_jean

• Catgirl
« Reply #34 on: September 06, 2012, 03:45:23 pm »
I really think that next year there needs to be a camera recording green room hilariosity during the cosplay contest, because it is always amazing but there are hardly any pictures/videos of what goes on behind the scenes. XD
Line up:
-Kageyama (Haikyuu)
-Cordelia (Fire Emblem Awakening)
-Marauder Ashe (League of Legends)
-??? Who knows what else. Probably a cosplay I can wear my glasses with.

Offline RobinOfLocksley

• Cabbit
    • Cosplay CONfidential Youtube Channel
« Reply #35 on: September 06, 2012, 04:07:48 pm »
We had a blast going around and asking con-goers on-camera, "What Do Girls Like?". I loved getting to talk to all sorts of different people. We met some quick-witted folks! Blackstar cracked me up, but that's a given. He was the first one we asked, and he gave us some pretty awesome advice. Lol.
We also asked Bowser, Jack Skelington, Link, Howl, and like dozens of other people. So fun! I hope we can think of something just as entertaining to do next year.

Here's the video if you wanna watch it. Let me know what your favorite replies are.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nTpw0mlfC_4

Offline Kdskc

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #36 on: September 06, 2012, 04:40:45 pm »
For me, the highlight was the Hetalia World Meeting (the second one; I didn't go to the first).  It was adorable and hilarious and I met a new friend there! :)
Cosplay ideas for KumoriCon 2014:
Historia Reiss/Christa Renz - Shingeki no Kyojin
Levi - Shingeki no Kyojin
Shion - No. 6

Offline Lady In Red

• Sailor Scout
    • Tumblr
« Reply #37 on: September 06, 2012, 04:47:08 pm »
The homestuck fandom, hands down, made my con amazing this year. I was God Tier sollux all weekend and met so many wonderful people.
Thanks fandom <3
Kumori-con 2013 cosplay plans:
Day zero: Sollux Captor
Day one: Meenah peixes
Day two: Fem! Grand highblood.
Day three: We leave at about 1:30 pm, and it's a long drive home, so no cosplay on day three. Too much make up to take on and off, haha.

Offline CaptnPoptart

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #38 on: September 06, 2012, 05:02:33 pm »
-Being able to stay for Day 3 (FINALLY!)

-Slightly Anime Dating Game (I was lucky enough to go to it. <3 )

-My TF2 chibi keychains I bought at Artists Alley (They were sold out of almost every class on Day 1, so I got there early enough for the fresh batch c: )

-Getting a picture with the GREAT Black*Star! He also gave me a hug and lifted me in the air. It was awesome c:<

-Hanging out with a bunch of other TF2 cosplayers (we ate Subway together and got a ton of group pictures people took of us. It was awesome!)

-Getting a hug from Slenderman on Day 1

-Proposing to an America cosplayer on Day 1 in a glomp circle (They said yes!)

Every year just gets better and better! Hope to see y'all next year!!! C:
Good News and Bad News.
Bad news is I can't go to Kumoricon the whole weekend because of costs and drivers ed.

GOOD NEWS is that if I can raise enough money I can go for Saturday all day as Espurr (Pokemon X/Y)
Hope to see you all then! <3

Offline bubdy

• Oni
« Reply #39 on: September 06, 2012, 10:11:49 pm »
HEY GIRL HEEEEEEEY!!!!!
my first cosplay as tf2 scout
amazing room gatherings
meeting a ton of new amazing people
staffing is always fun for me also :)

Offline TanisNikana

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #40 on: September 06, 2012, 10:48:57 pm »
HEY GIRL HEY needs to go die in [REDACTED] and to [DATA EXPUNGED].

Offline Naitron

• Cabbit
    • Facebook
« Reply #41 on: September 07, 2012, 12:43:04 am »

Finally! someone else recognized that perfect Jensen! So happy we weren't the only ones XD

- Number one was definitely the Jensen. Hands down. He made mine and my best friend's con.

That was my friend Matt and so many people did not know who he was.  People kept calling him Neo (Matrix) and Wesker (Resident Evil:who is blonde)  I'll be sure to let him know he's got fans cause he doesn't use the forums.  Well he will be at Sakuracon as Adam Jensen again if you can't wait til next year to see him :p

Offline Tanuki19

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #42 on: September 07, 2012, 03:38:04 pm »

That was my friend Matt and so many people did not know who he was.  People kept calling him Neo (Matrix) and Wesker (Resident Evil:who is blonde)  I'll be sure to let him know he's got fans cause he doesn't use the forums.  Well he will be at Sakuracon as Adam Jensen again if you can't wait til next year to see him :p

Thats so sad that he was mistaken for other stuff, we thought we pulled off Jensen PERFECTLY! In any case, he may remember two overly excited girls that kind of freaked out everytime they saw him (if so, tell him we are so sorry). But if things go our way and we make it to Sakuracon, we'll keep an eye out for him!  :)

Offline Woodrat

• Cabbit
« Reply #43 on: September 07, 2012, 03:51:35 pm »

Thats so sad that he was mistaken for other stuff, we thought we pulled off Jensen PERFECTLY! In any case, he may remember two overly excited girls that kind of freaked out everytime they saw him (if so, tell him we are so sorry). But if things go our way and we make it to Sakuracon, we'll keep an eye out for him!  :)

I'd have to agree, I thought he pulled it off perfectly. Although I only saw him once for a short moment in the hallway of the Hilton and never found him again in order to get a photo of him. If he is going to Sakuracon, then all the more reason for me to attend as well!  :D

Offline FilkAeris

• Chibi
« Reply #44 on: September 07, 2012, 03:59:28 pm »
- Performing in the opening ceremonies, especially the way the audience roared when I sang for them to raise their voices.  Best audience ever.  I felt euphoric all day afterward.

- The Homestuck cake picnic in the park!  So many cuties, so much fun IC interaction, and lots of lovely memories.

- The karaoke contest.  The performers were adorable...and I was stunned by the reaction when I performed "Bratja/Brothers".  I wrote those lyrics eight years ago, and there have been so many beautiful covers from the beginning (especially Vic's and Boisu's) that I was always too nervous to try performing them myself.  That was the first time I'd ever sung the song myself in front of a live audience, and the way people responded gave me chills.  Thank you, everyone, so much.  ♥

- Both the filking panels, particularly the audience songwriting workshops.   I will never forget the lyrical beauty that is "The Lovely Princess Zelda".   ;D

- Cosplay chess, a.k.a. the first convention activity with an audience that has ever inspired my husband to want to participate.  ♥  If he's out there on that board next year, I'll have this year's wonderful pieces and chessmasters to thank.

KUMORICON 2014: BEST. CON. EVER! LET'S DO IT ALL AGAIN IN 2015!

Offline Chibiorochimaru

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #45 on: September 07, 2012, 04:51:11 pm »
~Getting to meet some awesome people and freaking out con-goers with my tentecles x3 I waited all year to do that~
La vie est le plus beau spectacle sur terre~

Offline TanisNikana

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #46 on: September 07, 2012, 04:54:36 pm »
Man, I tell you what, seeing all these highlights made me wish I saw even at least one panel at con this year, and not just ten minutes of closing ceremonies.

But staffers gonna staff.

Offline Naitron

• Cabbit
    • Facebook
« Reply #47 on: September 09, 2012, 12:55:31 am »
Man, I tell you what, seeing all these highlights made me wish I saw even at least one panel at con this year, and not just ten minutes of closing ceremonies.

But staffers gonna staff.

Someones gotta do the dirty work!

The two Master Chiefs Gangnam stylin it up

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-DY6mARSHcA

Offline Su Lu

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #48 on: September 09, 2012, 08:22:47 am »
~the awesome friends I met at the D. gray-man photoshoot
~being a contestant in the Slightly Anime Dating Game
~Riding the fish in the park
~Getting to be on the board for Cosplay Chess
~just being LavI
Kumoricon 2014!
I'm just hoping I can even make it this year...

Offline TanisNikana

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #49 on: September 09, 2012, 09:36:10 am »
+ Napping on the packed up cosplay chess board on day 4. Delicious sleep... <3