Author Topic: Acknowledgement of thanks  (Read 5128 times)

Offline garfieldelric

• Chibi
    • Garfield's website
Acknowledgement of thanks
« on: September 03, 2012, 10:50:49 pm »
This KumoriCon was very amazing, to say the least; so if you want to thank anyone/anypony, do it here.
---
Wanna thank HatakeGirlX for the Brony panel; it was an amazing one. Thanks to most of the staff at KumoriCon for their kindness, and putting on a great show overall.

Bresslol for all the laughs, and well........ everyone for being there for the ride! We'll be back in 2013! :D

A proud attendee of Kumoricon and SakuraCon.

Offline Sorimatsu

• Cabbit
Re: Acknowledgement of thanks
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2012, 10:58:10 pm »
I want to thank everyone (especially the staff) for making my first Kumoricon a great one, its nice to come into the con and be treated like you've been there for years.

Also a shoutout to the glomp circle peoples (this is the spaceball/"waterbender dude") had a great time participating in a con pastime.
Kumori-league Ref 2013-present.

Offline Wrath-Chan19

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2012, 11:04:13 pm »
Thanks to the few that came to the Silent Hill shoot is was so much and I wished I could have stayed. Thanks to those who made my con super fun, you know who you are!
I rarely get on here anymore, if you want to chat hit me up on Cosplay.com. I my username is Loveable-Eve

Offline chelseahavoc

• Bunnygirl
    • Chelseahavoc's DA
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2012, 11:10:36 pm »
i already said thank you in person but Jackie, thank you for a wonderful chess match this year it was the best i've been a participant in for the last four years, AND TO ALL THE OTHER PARTICIPANTS i was so happy that nothing went horribly wrong (that i know of).

also thanks to con staff and hotel staff (even though im sure con staff wont see this) you were all very helpful and nice n.n
kumoicon 2013:
day 0: ANIMAL CROSSING Mayor
day 1: morning- Guu (hare + guu)
day 1: afternoon- Terra (ff6)
day 2: chibi moon (sailor moon)
day 3: Princess Zelda (loz:oot)

« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2012, 11:38:09 pm »
Thanks to the staff/a volunteer guy for being very helpful and nice and trying to help me find my badge when I lost it at the rave, even though it was super late at night. You all are great!

Also thanks and much appreciation for the Adam Jensen who was working security and may have been (read: was totally) the highlight of the con for my best friend and I. (Sorry for spazzing out every time we saw you, but you were perfect.)

Offline SpaceCubaLikesConan

• Chibi
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • Tumblr
« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2012, 11:43:48 pm »
I want to thank whoever that awesome Joker was who "battled" with me on Sunday night in the park c: That made my con. Even if I got backed into. I felt like a badass.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2012, 11:44:26 pm by SpaceCubaLikesConan »
2014 line-up:

Robin- Young Justice
Sailor Vulcan - Sailor Moon/Star Trek crack crossover
Wiccan - Young Avengers
Allison Argent - Teen Wolf

Cons:
-Kumoricon
- BITEcon

Offline Wrath-Chan19

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #6 on: September 04, 2012, 12:54:03 am »
Also that one Touhou fan sunday night who was super happy that I knew who Reimu was, I was Usagi in the huge golden dress. I am sorry my friend had called me I would have wanted to talk longer
I rarely get on here anymore, if you want to chat hit me up on Cosplay.com. I my username is Loveable-Eve

Offline princess_of_zeal

• Catgirl
« Reply #7 on: September 04, 2012, 01:05:05 am »
I want to thank everyone that picked up their trash and/or other people's trash.

Offline veraca

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #8 on: September 04, 2012, 05:18:31 pm »
I want to thank the Hotel staff of both Hotels. They seemed nice and very welcoming to us.

To those at the front desk who were kind to us at the Red Lion where we stayed, thanks. Your A/C machine in the room was amazing and quiet and didn't rattle.
Dreaming is easy, dreamwalking is hard.
Kumori'15
Kanata (Trinity Universe)

Offline brossiya

• Cabbit
    • My DeviantArt
« Reply #9 on: September 04, 2012, 05:41:28 pm »
Firstly I want to thank everybody who let me pal around with them because I was by myself and/or lost.

I want to thank that adorable Fem!America that helped me fit in at the impromptu HetaStuck photoshoot I accidentally walked into on Day 3.

Then I want to thank the sweet little lady who was passing out fortune cookies to people standing in line for the Kumoriball. They were delicious and really gave me the perk up of calories I needed.

Next I want to thank Courtney, a maid with a pink wig who worked the reg lines whose full name I don't know, who kept me company at the reg lines when they got all confusing on Day 0.

I also want to thank that adorable little Lithuania who gave me a giant sunflower on Day 3. It really cheered me up more than you know.

And I want to thank all of the new buddies that I've made at KumoriCon 2012
« Last Edit: September 04, 2012, 06:55:17 pm by brossiya »
+APH: Russia
-Canon Coat - 100%
-Children's Day - 95%
-Paint It White Suit - 95%
-Traditional - 0% (for 2013 with friends)
+Resident Evil Merchant - 0%

Offline Washougal_Otaku

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #10 on: September 04, 2012, 05:56:53 pm »
Thanks to all of the attendees who made bids at the auction, and contributed to the donated items. We raised exactly $3,300 for the Sunshine Division, which is awesome! I'm also hoping, though, that next year will be the year we reach the $5,000 mark!
My cosplay plans for 2022 (thus far): Vanir from Konosuba
My son's plans this year (thus far): Penguin Chiyo-chan from Azumanga Daioh

Offline Kimiski

• Bunnygirl
    • Kimiski's Artwork
« Reply #11 on: September 04, 2012, 06:52:16 pm »
I want to give a HUGE thanks to Brian (Registration Manager) and Chris (Assistant Registration Manager) for sticking up for me, and really going out of your way to help me out during the convention!! It meant a lot, and it makes me extremely happy to know you guys think I'm a awesome staffer! I'll definitely be checking out to bug you again next year!  ;D

Attendee since: 2004
Volunteer since: 2010
Staffer since: 2012

Offline GregAtlas

• Catgirl
« Reply #12 on: September 04, 2012, 08:04:20 pm »
I know I already did this, but: Thank you Mr. Ninja for picking me for the slightly anime dating game 18+. I couldn't concentrate after my wing harness fell apart on me 3 times (plus the questions didn't really suit my character, though I know I could do better) I hope I will have an opportunity to try again some time.

Thank you for that precious look you gave me after the cackle Mr. Hatter. Perhaps we should have some tea in Doma some time.

Thank you Spot for all your diligent work in the photo booth despite your arm/wrist hurting. I would have been completely happy with less photobooth time but appreciate how much effort you put into your work. My friend and I donated as much as we had, but I know it would never be enough for how much effort you put in.
Kaito - 99% done
Blitzcrank - 40% done
Darkrai - 90% done

Offline Trimble

• Oni
« Reply #13 on: September 04, 2012, 09:21:30 pm »
The Lil' Cal and co who became the impromptu leader of the "murder in the veil" homestuck panel since the original organizers had been unable to show up. It turned out quite fun, and may have been my favorite group. Originally when the original organizers showed up, she entertained us by organizing a Q&A for some of the homestuck cosplayers in the room. When some of the original people showed up and explained what happened, the Lil' Cal organized their own games on the fly and turned it into a very fun panel!

Offline DSaturn

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #14 on: September 04, 2012, 09:50:40 pm »
Thank you BlackStar... We had a first timer in our group, and he absolutely made her con by staying in character, and actually being a nice person despite the fact that he is constantly bombarded by people. We were trying hard to make her first con memorable and something she would want to come back to, and BlackStar managed to do that all by himself... everything else was just icing on the cake for her.
Kumoricon 2013 The Phoenix Down Slackers will be cosplaying:

Offline Len-chan

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #15 on: September 04, 2012, 11:17:27 pm »
I want to thank a friend of mine Tituslovedoll She did a plus size cosplayers panel  ( i felt like the odd one out @.@ )we filled the room almost, only a few chairs where open it was her first time doing the panel was a HUGE success but thats not the reason for this thanks

The true reason is because of your panel titus I heard a very very very touching story from one of the +size cosplayers mothers who literally almost made me cry because of how thankful she was that you provided information and such and talked about bullying and told people where they can go what they can do i know i can speak for others when i say thank you for sharing :) you really touched me!
1st year Kumoricon already loving the community

Offline otakunobody

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #16 on: September 05, 2012, 02:33:59 am »
I'd like to give a huge thanks to anyone who showed up to the impromptu hetalia photoshoot we had in the afternoon on day 1 that my friends and I kinda just threw together. And I'd especially like to thank my friend who came and helped pull it all together because I really didn't know what to do ^^; you guys made it awesome
Kumoricon 2015
- Kiki [Kiki's Delivery Service]
- Hiro [Big Hero 6]

Offline chelseahavoc

• Bunnygirl
    • Chelseahavoc's DA
« Reply #17 on: September 05, 2012, 07:32:23 am »
oh i forgot somethings:

Thank you to the dancing nobody and her trinity blood companion for talking with me and keeping me company whilst i was waiting on my friends, you two were VERY nice people and i'd love to talk with you again one day.

Thank you to everyone that showed up at the sailor moon photoshoot and being patient for photos. every single picture turned out GREAT because of your patients and your willingness to stick around for an hour or so (lol)

they wont see this morethanlikely but thank you to the starbucks, subway, and farmers market people for putting up with us and being so very nice, <3
kumoicon 2013:
day 0: ANIMAL CROSSING Mayor
day 1: morning- Guu (hare + guu)
day 1: afternoon- Terra (ff6)
day 2: chibi moon (sailor moon)
day 3: Princess Zelda (loz:oot)

Offline Wrath-Chan19

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #18 on: September 05, 2012, 11:51:07 am »
I want to thank everyone that picked up their trash and/or other people's trash.
I don't think I can thank these people enough!

Offline Tankou001

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #19 on: September 05, 2012, 12:46:08 pm »
I'd like to offer thanks to all of the people who helped out on day 3 when my cosplay was stolen and took the last bits of their valuable con time to spread the word and help me out in the first time in over 12 years of congoing that I've broken down. It was so valuable to know that people cared enough to help me out that day when things already were going south and the fun was finally starting to end.
Cosplay Progress:
Akimichi Chouji: 90%
Big Macintosh: 20%

Offline veraca

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #20 on: September 05, 2012, 03:13:11 pm »
Thanks to subway for their extended hours~  ;D
Dreaming is easy, dreamwalking is hard.
Kumori'15
Kanata (Trinity Universe)

Offline Spott

• Cabbit
    • My primary web page
« Reply #21 on: September 06, 2012, 09:08:46 pm »
Thank you GregAtlas for your appreciation. The donations do help cover the costs of PhotoBooth but the words of kindness & the reactions people have to the images make it all worth it.

Offline TanisNikana

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #22 on: September 06, 2012, 09:13:14 pm »
I'd like to thank the attendees for showing up! If it wasn't for you guys, it'd be a three-day staff meeting!

(I do not want to go to a panel called Good of the Order.)

Offline Tsukinya

• Chibi
« Reply #23 on: September 11, 2012, 04:50:23 pm »
^ Hehehehe..  Yes, thanks to ALL!  Staff does see this (myself included), and we're happy we made the con enjoyable for everyone.  I'd like to thank all of my fellow staffers: Chris and Brian for putting up with all the Reg craziness; Jackie, who looked more like a Silent Hill cosplayer by Day 3 than those actually meaning to (did you ever get your homework done? :D); Brian the photog manager.. despite your exhaustion, you still put on some intriguing photography panels and made sure Kumoricon photos were ready in time for Closing Ceremonies (even if they didn't use many :)).

I am also always amazed at how enthusiastic Spot is every year.  He dedicates so many (of HIS) hours to take great pictures of us all weekend.  He works without expectation of reimbursement, and he works with many youngsters who don't always appreciate the time and effort it takes to produce a set of incredible photos from such an event.  I never feel rushed, I can come back as many times as I'd like, and he stays exceedingly late to accommodate our crazy needs.  We love you, Spot, even if we don't always show it!  ;D

Thanks also to the gentleman who was helping him out on Day 2.  I don't know your name, but I see you every year.  I was ecstatic to have you in the photo booth, as you were able to provide some great suggestions for our Eden shoot (one can't expect Spot to have the time to watch all of these various anime!)

Thank you to everyone who made this one of my best cons to date :)  I'm excited to see what 2013 will bring!

Offline Jamiche

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #24 on: September 11, 2012, 08:47:09 pm »
Jackie, who looked more like a Silent Hill cosplayer by Day 3 than those actually meaning to (did you ever get your homework done? :D);

Yes, I did  :P  (Okay, mostly did... but still scored As and Bs in my classes, so it's all good ;D)
2015-2016 Director of Programming
2014 Assistant Director of Programming
2008-2013 Director of Programming
2007 Tech Manager & Video Room Coordinator, Manga Library & Cosplay Chess
2006 Video Room & Karaoke Manager
2005 Video Room Coordinator

Offline shikyo

• Chibi
« Reply #25 on: September 11, 2012, 11:41:44 pm »
Thank you staffers!

And thanks to the awesome Alois and Ciel cosplayer who were so nice to hang out with me for a few hours. :)