Author Topic: LAN Gaming 2012 - What'd you think?  (Read 4826 times)

Offline Fevenis

• Sailor Scout
LAN Gaming 2012 - What'd you think?
« on: September 03, 2012, 01:30:26 pm »
Hey everyone! Hope you enjoyed LAN this year. There were quite a few milestones for us this time around: We moved out of Console Gaming into our own room, We got a hard-line for games that require internet, and we got a projector for awesome techno.

This years spread:
League of Legends
Minecraft
Megaman 8Bit Death Match
Starcraft II (on 2 PC's)
Earth Special Forces
Counter Strike: GO
Magicka
Tribes: Ascend

Feedback
  • What'd you like/dislike about LAN this year?
  • What games would you like to see added next year?
  • Other suggestions/input?

« Last Edit: September 03, 2012, 07:31:01 pm by Fevenis »

Offline DarkKnightUltima

• Sailor Scout
Re: LAN Gaming 2012 - What'd you think?
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2012, 02:15:08 pm »
IF it at all possible, maybe adding Minecraft or Diablo 3 or something.
PSN: MiyamotoKaizen
Steam: DarkUltima (Miyamoto Kaizen should be what you see)
Costume Progress:
Zengar Zombolt (SRWOG) - 100%

Offline Fevenis

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2012, 07:32:24 pm »
IF it at all possible, maybe adding Minecraft or Diablo 3 or something.

Derp, fixed my list above. We totally had Minecraft.

The only reason I'm agaisn't D3, and the reason I hated having SCII on there was because Bilzzard games don't allow you to save passwords. So anytime someone without an account wanted to play, we had to log them in. Gets old after the first 100 times or so ;).

Offline gprather

• Oni
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2012, 07:58:59 pm »
I liked the way LAN went, I think leaving LoL out, and adding TF2, maybe Unreal tournament, um... maybe a CoD ( I hear that COD 1 is free now). as well as having tournaments that you sign up for (maybe with some kind of prize)

Reason for leaving LoL out is it takes a lot of time, and a lot of people just play by themselves anyways.. There really is no reason to have it.

Also thanks for introducing me to Tribes.

Offline GregAtlas

• Catgirl
« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2012, 01:24:50 am »
When I peeked in the room there were 2 out of the 6 computers playing LoL. Need more systems so we can get some 5 vs 5's going and yet still have some available for other games. Looked fun but I was pretty busy during con and didn't get much gaming in.
Kaito - 99% done
Blitzcrank - 40% done
Darkrai - 90% done

Offline GwarNekoChan

• Catgirl
    • My facebook! o3o
« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2012, 10:51:58 am »
Wait. Wait. Wait. There was League of Legends?! If I would have known, I would have totally checked out the LAN gaming! I've never checked it out before, I will definitely next year! c:
Kumoricon 2013 was cancelled for me. Can't await for next year! Cosplay list will arrive soon.

Offline Shin Star

• Cabbit
« Reply #6 on: September 04, 2012, 05:49:08 pm »
The only thing I didn't like honestly was that you guys weren't in the console gaming room, so we couldn't really see each other that much, nor did I get time to check out some things like I said I would earlier. Plus there were those times you tried to scare the crap out of me when you did visit console gaming LOL.

Other than that, it was a nice room and seemed very relaxing to play games in there.
If at first you don't succeed, give up.

Offline GregAtlas

• Catgirl
« Reply #7 on: September 04, 2012, 06:48:55 pm »
Yes, it was a little jarring to have the LAN separate from the gaming sections, though that tweaky display and low lighting was awesome. :)

If in the parking garage it would be good if there could be some sort of barrier that could be set up around the LAN gaming area for the same darkness and quieting effect. Oh, and the carpet that was laid down in the garage was genius this year for making it much quieter and much more comfortable to walk on. Question is though... would there be net access if it were in the garage? :(
Kaito - 99% done
Blitzcrank - 40% done
Darkrai - 90% done

Offline Fevenis

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #8 on: September 07, 2012, 08:12:54 am »
One reason we broke out from Console gaming was because of internet access in the basement. We actually were going to try and run internet based games in 2011 off a Clear wireless connection, but that clearly didn't work ;).

Offline DancingTofu

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #9 on: September 07, 2012, 09:44:39 am »
The setup looked impressive, but sadly I never got a chance to venture in and check it out.  Maybe next year. D:
moderators gonna moderate </shrug>

Offline numair42

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #10 on: September 08, 2012, 08:08:08 am »
You guys made con for me. You let me and my friends comendeer the room for a little while to play Artemis which was epic. Next year, I'm going to bring a bunch of laptops so we don't block out the other attendees.
2016+ Programming Staff
2015 - Assistant Director of Infrastructure
2009 - 2014 - Programming Staff
2006 & 2007 - Yojimbo

Mic Ninja says "Chaaa~~"