Author Topic: Disko Warp Friday Night ANIME x VOCALOID Pre-Party @ Pop Culture  (Read 3792 times)

Offline Initial P

• Sailor Scout

Facebook event (please RSVP and invite your friends!): https://www.facebook.com/events/370309869709094/

Kumoricon 2012 ANIME x VOCALOID Friday Night Pre-Party!! w/ Initial P + DJ Hojo @ Pop Culture

The official Kumoricon Friday Night pre-party sponsored by Disko Warp returns for its third year! Join us at POP CULTURE for a night of your favorite ANIME REMIXES and VOCALOID TRACKS mixed by Disko Warp's Initial P and JKPOP's DJ Hojo!

NOTE: This event is open to the general public! Con attendence is not required for this event.

Pop Culture
1929 Main Street
Vancouver, WA 98660
8:00PM to 1:00AM
$5 cover
All ages!

Initial P (Disko Warp/Anime Love Hardcore, PDX/SEA)

DJ & producer Pete Ellison, aka Intial P, has been the driving force behind the innovative NW dance music label Disko Warp, now in its 8th year. In addition to producing and writing explosive internet hits like "Oh Oh Oh Sexy Vampire" and "Less Than Three", Pete's successful "Anime Love Hardcore" remix CD series has lead him to work with a range of vocalists from both the U.S. & Japan including Cristina Vee, Ani-Rock!, Diana Garnett and Reni Mimura.

[www.facebook.com/DJInitialP]
[www.twitter.com/DJInitialP]
[www.diskowarp.com]

DJ Hojo (JKPOP!, SEA)

Allen’s foray into J-pop/K-pop DJing was inevitable. As a child he spent many a summer in Taiwan, watching Chinese-dubbed broadcast anime and singing along with the infectious opening and ending songs. Allen also moonlights as a writer for SSGMusic, as well as a karaoke DJ at Bush Garden, one of the most storied and revered places for karaoke in all of Seattle. His love for everything Yasutaka Nakata’s done, and pop culture in general, is well documented. He’s pleased as punch that the worlds of mainstream music and Asian pop are colliding, and wishes to only further the cause and foster an environment where people can continue to fall in love with Asian pop music.

[jkpopnight.tumblr.com]

Offline Washougal_Otaku

• Bunnygirl
Re: Disko Warp Friday Night ANIME x VOCALOID Pre-Party @ Pop Culture
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2012, 12:55:22 am »
YEAH!!!  PARTY AT POP-CULTURE!!!  AWESOME HOT DOGS & NACHOS!!!  I AM TOTALLY GOING AGAIN!!!
My cosplay plans for 2022 (thus far): Vanir from Konosuba
My son's plans this year (thus far): Penguin Chiyo-chan from Azumanga Daioh

Offline maydrock

• Chibi
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2012, 01:39:26 am »
i was going to go last year but for the love of me i couldent find it

Offline Initial P

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2012, 10:41:03 am »

It's at 1929 Main Street in downtown vancouver, there's an ice cream shop right next to it :D hope you can make it!

Offline zenneth

• Catgirl
« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2012, 10:47:10 am »
WEEEEEEEEE VOCALOID~!!
cosplays done so far: kakuzu, gintoki, danboard, K Dash, assassin cross, loki of the emblem assassins, gilbert nightray, sebastian, black rock shooter kaito

Offline maydrock

• Chibi
« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2012, 12:29:05 pm »
thx

Offline Washougal_Otaku

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #6 on: August 15, 2012, 06:59:53 am »

Dude, we can hit it there together.  It's really easy to get there from the con, just some walking at you're there.

Offline Initial P

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #7 on: August 15, 2012, 09:15:53 am »

Dude, we can hit it there together.  It's really easy to get there from the con, just some walking at you're there.

Yup, I remember it being about a 20 minute walk?

Offline maydrock

• Chibi
« Reply #8 on: August 15, 2012, 12:46:21 pm »

that would would be great thx

Offline bBlackHat

• Cabbit
« Reply #9 on: August 15, 2012, 11:37:47 pm »
First year I get to go, finally checking in the day before, and I can't wait :33

Offline Washougal_Otaku

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #10 on: August 16, 2012, 01:08:07 am »

20 minutes...?  Well, I suppose... depending on your walking speed.  I can usually do it in 10, but maybe it's because I've walked around downtown Vancouver so many times... or I'm just fast... Oh, plus people tend to walk slower while in groups, too.

Also, as a possible option is to take a bus.  There's quite a few that would work well, but I'd recommend one of these: 4 Fourth Plain, 37 Highway 99, or 32 Evergreen/Andresen.  The bus stop is about 3 or 4 blocks from the hotel.  Whichever one you take, get off at Boradway & 19th, then walk a block West and turn North.  (This will be the last day that a bus ride will be $1.60; starting on that Saturday, it will go up to $1.65).

Offline Initial P

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #11 on: August 16, 2012, 06:07:15 pm »
First year I get to go, finally checking in the day before, and I can't wait :33

Great! This is my third time hosting a pre-party, we've had a blast at the previous two, I expect this to be just as fun. Nice way to get everyone together in one spot and meet up with friends before the craziness of the con, and shake it to some good music

Offline Initial P

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #12 on: August 16, 2012, 06:07:52 pm »

20 minutes...?  Well, I suppose... depending on your walking speed.  I can usually do it in 10, but maybe it's because I've walked around downtown Vancouver so many times... or I'm just fast... Oh, plus people tend to walk slower while in groups, too.

Also, as a possible option is to take a bus.  There's quite a few that would work well, but I'd recommend one of these: 4 Fourth Plain, 37 Highway 99, or 32 Evergreen/Andresen.  The bus stop is about 3 or 4 blocks from the hotel.  Whichever one you take, get off at Boradway & 19th, then walk a block West and turn North.  (This will be the last day that a bus ride will be $1.60; starting on that Saturday, it will go up to $1.65).

Ah, awesome! Thanks for the bus info.

Offline Washougal_Otaku

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #13 on: August 17, 2012, 01:02:41 am »

Ah, awesome! Thanks for the bus info.

You're welcome!

Offline Initial P

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #14 on: August 29, 2012, 06:32:18 pm »
We're just 2 days away from this! I'll see you at Pop Culture on Friday to kick this thing off right!

I'll also drop off flyers at registration at some point on Friday

Offline Washougal_Otaku

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #15 on: August 29, 2012, 10:27:48 pm »
^ Good idea!  Advertise, man!