Author Topic: Wig question  (Read 1180 times)

Offline shadoworganoid

• Catgirl
Wig question
« on: August 26, 2012, 01:37:33 pm »
I hope this is an OK place to post this.

I just got my cosplay wig in the mail the other day. It fits fine and everything but it's a tad too long in the back.

I've heard other people have done this before, but how do I shorten the length of it?
That may be a simple black and white question, but what I mean is; Am I able to simply cut off the excess, or do I have to do it a certain way to not "ruin" it?

Thanks.

Oh, and on a related note, what skin product can/should I use to cover mild acne spots on my face??? Keeping my face clean just hasn't been enough....
Kumoricon 2014 Cosplay plans:

Kantai Collection Kongou Crossplay (Maybe)

Offline nikkiolie

• It's over nine THOUSAND!!!!!
    • Facebook
Re: Wig question
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2012, 02:01:53 pm »
Just take a little off at a time and really make sure it is even on both sides and cut with the scissors like this

As for the makeup, any concealer would work well. Pretty much every brand at the drug store has one. It will be thicker than liquid foundation and in a smaller container, usually a tube with a wand attached to it. Like this http://www.covergirl.com/images/common/product/cg_covergirlqueencollection_naturalhue_concealer/cg_covergirlqueencollection_naturalhue_concealer_2.jpg
or in a stick like this http://www.thebodyshop-usa.com/img/packshot/products/flawless-skin-protecting-concealer_l.jpg
« Last Edit: August 26, 2012, 02:05:01 pm by nikkiolie »

Offline LtCommanderRichie

• Bunnygirl
Re: Wig question
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2012, 03:34:51 pm »
First you must capture and subdue the wig. This can be difficult, I recommend pinning the wig to a sacrificial wig head to keep it from running away. Next you have to go to a crossroads at midnight and bury an offering of hairspray and wig caps to call upon a demon so as to sell your soul. You'll be bartering your soul for the knowledge that you have to cut parallel to the wig hair with a sharp pair of scissors to get a natural-looking fringe to your wig.

Next sacrifice a small animal, though this part matters less than the subsequent sacrifice of hair from the wig that you subdued and captured. In fact this step can be skipped entirely unless you're hungry.

When you're finished the wig should be relatively unscathed. Feel free to release it back into the wild, your god appeased and your crops blessed with rain for another growing season.