Author Topic: AMV Anime/Music Credits  (Read 6414 times)

Offline Tsukinya

• Chibi
AMV Anime/Music Credits
« on: August 11, 2012, 04:13:33 pm »
Greetings all of you talented AMV creators!

I love seeing the AMVs every year, and I'm always amazed at the artistry put into them.  As an AMV viewer, I have a request.  I'm not sure if this is already a requirement, and I'm sure it's already too late for this year, but would it be possible for all entrants to credit both the music and the anime they use?  Too frequently, I see a beautiful anime that I'm unfamiliar with in an AMV, and I'd be interested in looking into it as a potential new series to watch.  I love getting new series ideas from AMVs :)  Same goes for the music..

Thoughts?

Offline Prinz Eugen

• Bunnygirl
Re: AMV Anime/Music Credits
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2012, 06:06:35 pm »
Greetings all of you talented AMV creators!

I love seeing the AMVs every year, and I'm always amazed at the artistry put into them.  As an AMV viewer, I have a request.  I'm not sure if this is already a requirement, and I'm sure it's already too late for this year, but would it be possible for all entrants to credit both the music and the anime they use?  Too frequently, I see a beautiful anime that I'm unfamiliar with in an AMV, and I'd be interested in looking into it as a potential new series to watch.  I love getting new series ideas from AMVs :)  Same goes for the music..

Thoughts?

Generally I *request* that AMV creators supply that information, but over the years it seems that the editors just send in whatever they make.
My point in the process is only whether or not the technical requirements are met - does it play correctly on the system, no fansub subtitles left in, etc.

From there on out it's the judges' panel that decides, and they base things on the whole entertainment value of the work.

Some editors like to keep these details a mystery, too...
Part of the fun of those sorts of projects are when you're thinking 'I know this music!! - No, wait... maybe it's that other song...'
Or maybe it's a cover of the song you thought you knew...

THAT ALL SAID - when I post the playlists for the categories I *will* try to dig up the anime used...
I believe I can pick out almost all the animes on sight, but for AMVs that use more than 4 series I will just write 'Various,' ok? For the music, though, most AMV creators do not list the music sources. I just took a stab at this trying to track them down for an hour, and honestly it would burn up more precious free time than I can really afford to spend before the con. So the answer there is "NO, we don't have all that information, because it's not required to enter." Regrets.

Thank you anyways, and I hope you enjoy the show and contest this year...
« Last Edit: August 12, 2012, 07:00:53 am by Prinz Eugen »

Offline Prinz Eugen

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2012, 08:35:36 am »
I was able to dig up DOWNLOAD LINKS for over half of the AMVs in the contest.
I will be posting them on the Playlist and Results thread:

https://www.kumoricon.org/forums/index.php?topic=17238.0

The download links should go up on the day of the contest.
I also think I identified all the animes in the AMVs with the exception of the types that use TONS of shows for 3 seconds per show, where I just put 'Various.'

We are going to have a great show this year and I hope you enjoy it!

:-D

Offline Tsukinya

• Chibi
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2012, 06:53:20 am »
You're awesome, as always!!  I understand the difficulty of identifying music/anime if the creator didn't submit that info...  I do very much appreciate the effort, though.  I love being able to track some of that info down, particularly the anime used! :D

I look forward to the show/contest.  Should be great!!

Offline jeffry_fisher

• Cabbit
    • Liberating Digital Content
« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2012, 10:08:41 am »
...would it be possible for all entrants to credit both the music and the anime they use?

I agree that source titles are helpful. However, they're not practical for all. Some AMVs are collages of so many anime that seeing all of their names wouldn't help much (we wouldn't know anything more about which was which).

Too frequently, I see a beautiful anime that I'm unfamiliar with in an AMV, and I'd be interested in looking into it as a potential new series to watch.

Heh heh... and then become another victim of "not what the anime was about" (like I have been on occasion).

Thoughts?

For editors who just don't like the discontinuity of leading or trailing credits, consider Easter eggs (smuggling titles into an AMV artistically, especially if the music has a lead-in or lead-out). Text in your AMV can function as a "hook" to actively engage a viewer as a participant, especially at the beginning of an AMV (increasing the odds that s/he will watch the whole thing). Knowing that the titles are back at the beginning can also lead a viewer to repeat. Therefore, adding titles also benefits the editor's effort to be seen.
"People who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who don't"

Offline Tsukinya

• Chibi
« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2012, 07:57:05 pm »
Thank you for your input!  I really appreciate when editors make an effort to credit what they're using, though I completely agree with you on issues when there are multiple anime.  Usually, though, those are not the situations in which I'm really looking for the name of the series anyway :)

Fortunately, I think Guy also has some playlists up for reference.  Really helps.  Thanks, all!  The show was AWESOME this year!

Offline teanu

• Oni
« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2012, 01:56:58 am »
Hi! I was wondering if anyone knew the song/amv that was played during the seating for kumoricon closing ceremonies, it had an odd time signature (like 5 or 7 bpm) and it played right after the journey/small town girl amv. There was a man on stage trying to dance to it ^^. I really liked the music but i have no idea what the title or artist is so i cant download it >.<

Offline Prinz Eugen

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #7 on: September 07, 2012, 02:06:01 pm »
Hi! I was wondering if anyone knew the song/amv that was played during the seating for kumoricon closing ceremonies, it had an odd time signature (like 5 or 7 bpm) and it played right after the journey/small town girl amv. There was a man on stage trying to dance to it ^^. I really liked the music but i have no idea what the title or artist is so i cant download it >.<
YES.

"Dirty Second Hands"
http://www.animemusicvideos.org/members/members_videoinfo.php?v=183234

Song: Dirty Second Hands by Switchfoot
Anime: Baccano!

Offline kayrarara

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #8 on: October 01, 2012, 09:29:33 pm »
Do you have a link to the Don't Stop Believing AMV? I really enjoyed that one.

Offline Prinz Eugen

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #9 on: October 01, 2012, 11:52:19 pm »
Do you have a link to ...

Right-click over this link: http://amvnews.ru/index.php?go=Files&file=down&id=3577
then select " Save Link As "

Or go here: http://amvnews.ru/index.php?go=Files&id=3577&in=view
and scroll down to " Скачать клип [Torrent] 41.93 Мб 848x480@24fps "
hover over " Скачать клип " and right click, then select " Save Link As "

Good luck!
« Last Edit: October 01, 2012, 11:53:55 pm by Prinz Eugen »

Offline angryginger00

• Cabbit
« Reply #10 on: October 03, 2012, 06:38:38 pm »
Just to add in another thought about finding out the music that is used in a AMV.  I know their are a few programs out their now such as Schazam that will listen to the music and then track it down in their database.  I know it isn't always 100% accurate however it will get you close enough to track the rest down on your own. 

Just a thought.
Staffing Con's since 2008

A rare thing has happened! The angryginger00 has posted a message here.