Author Topic: So much I want to do! So much overlap!  (Read 3016 times)

Offline RobinSena

• Sailor Scout
So much I want to do! So much overlap!
« on: August 16, 2012, 02:01:17 pm »
There are so many things I want to do on Saturday!  I so want to go to the Introduction to Cosplay Lighting panel, but it and the Bleach captains meeting are during the AMV show, plus even they overlap. o.O  Saturday just feels really layered to me this year with so many things I really want to do all at the same time. :-\ Anyone else finding themselves blocked from events due to overlap? 
"Well, it's going to look pretty good then, isn't it?  The One Horseman and the Three Pedestrians of the Apocralypse." Terry Pratchett

Offline Washougal_Otaku

• Bunnygirl
Re: So much I want to do! So much overlap!
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2012, 01:15:14 am »
Not really... there are some things that do sound interesting, but I've only got a few things on Saturday that I'm planning on attending, and really only one on Sunday (plus dances).  Monday will most definitely be "BUSY BUSY BUSY!!!" for me.
My cosplay plans for 2022 (thus far): Vanir from Konosuba
My son's plans this year (thus far): Penguin Chiyo-chan from Azumanga Daioh

Offline princessmoon

• Catgirl
    • Instagram: 10g10k
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2012, 11:03:25 am »
Nah, it won't be a tight schedule for me. I've learned over the con years to really prioritize certain events. You just can't have them all and enjoy the convention at the same time. So ask yourself what is really important? You'll probably say they are all important, but list some pros and cons of each. It might all change at the last minute, I must warn ya! ;) Remember to just enjoy the awesomeness that is Kumoricon!
And so it begins...

Offline Kimiski

• Bunnygirl
    • Kimiski's Artwork
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2012, 03:30:25 pm »
So, I'm staff, and trying to figure out what I absolutely want to go to since I have limited time I would like help from someone to clarify:

What is the difference between: "Kumoricon Retrospective" Sat at 11:30am and "10 years of Kumoricon" at 3pm?
I've been going to Kcon since 2004 so I was really interested in the 10 years panel then saw the other one.

HELP??? xD

Attendee since: 2004
Volunteer since: 2010
Staffer since: 2012

Offline Washougal_Otaku

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2012, 03:40:25 pm »
^ If you're going to come to the meeting tomorrow, you could ask Jaki or Kyo. I'm sure that one of them would know.
My cosplay plans for 2022 (thus far): Vanir from Konosuba
My son's plans this year (thus far): Penguin Chiyo-chan from Azumanga Daioh

Offline Jamiche

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2012, 03:46:39 pm »
So, I'm staff, and trying to figure out what I absolutely want to go to since I have limited time I would like help from someone to clarify:

What is the difference between: "Kumoricon Retrospective" Sat at 11:30am and "10 years of Kumoricon" at 3pm?
I've been going to Kcon since 2004 so I was really interested in the 10 years panel then saw the other one.

HELP??? xD

Kumoricon Retrospective is being presented by some of the founders of the convention.  There, you will probably hear about how we all started - more of a staff angle.

10 Years of Kumoricon is hosted by the Slightly Anime Group, and is them talking about what has happened at the various Kumoricons - more of an attendee angle.

They both should be interesting.. I'm looking forward to them :)
2015-2016 Director of Programming
2014 Assistant Director of Programming
2008-2013 Director of Programming
2007 Tech Manager & Video Room Coordinator, Manga Library & Cosplay Chess
2006 Video Room & Karaoke Manager
2005 Video Room Coordinator

Offline RobinSena

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #6 on: August 20, 2012, 03:47:38 pm »
Nah, it won't be a tight schedule for me. I've learned over the con years to really prioritize certain events. You just can't have them all and enjoy the convention at the same time. So ask yourself what is really important? You'll probably say they are all important, but list some pros and cons of each. It might all change at the last minute, I must warn ya! ;) Remember to just enjoy the awesomeness that is Kumoricon!
We've always done that, and yes, it will occasionally change the day of, but this is the first time in 10 years (yes, the whole con lol) that we've had 3 things that we really want to do all lined up at the exact same time/day.  The tricky part is the AMV show and contest which is one of the longest blocks of events, at 3/12 hours (3:30 seating - 7 end of the contest), which looks like it's one of the longest blocks outside of the dances.  I'm not sure why they moved the show before the contest, it seems like it would make more sense to me to have it after the contest, like in all the years past.
"Well, it's going to look pretty good then, isn't it?  The One Horseman and the Three Pedestrians of the Apocralypse." Terry Pratchett

Offline veraca

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #7 on: August 20, 2012, 11:34:10 pm »
There's also those people like my friends who have different priorities than me and we commonly end up playing text-tag to meet up after certain panels. Usually we split up in one way or another for at least half of the con-time to attend different panels because they've conflicted. And whoever has "nothing to do" joins whichever one of us makes the better sell for the panel that we're going to, lol.

This con is pretty lax for me this year since I've decided to drop most of my priorities and more or less wander.
Dreaming is easy, dreamwalking is hard.
Kumori'15
Kanata (Trinity Universe)

Offline Kimiski

• Bunnygirl
    • Kimiski's Artwork
« Reply #8 on: August 28, 2012, 01:26:14 am »
Sweet!

As far as overlap, not really so much anymore. When I first started going to Kumoricon there was a whole bunch I wanted to do all at once, but now I pretty much know which events I would be really bummed to miss in comparison to one's I'd like to go to but won't really be bummed if I miss.  ;D

Attendee since: 2004
Volunteer since: 2010
Staffer since: 2012