Author Topic: The secret behind your username :o  (Read 23855 times)

Offline agpgirl

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
    • Tumblr
The secret behind your username :o
« on: August 15, 2012, 10:07:18 am »
Usernames always make me wonder: Just how did that person come up with it? Sometimes I see totally ransoms ones online or cute ones or ones that just make u wonder, and I never know how they came into exisistence... So tell the story/secret behind your username! :) it can be your username here on the forums or on another site, just GO! ^^

As for me, "agpgirl" was just a really quick name I thought of when registering for the forums. AGP are my initials, and "girl" 'cause, well, I'm a girl haha (:
KUMORICON 2017
Mikasa Ackerman | Pikachu

Offline zenneth

• Catgirl
Re: The secret behind your username :o
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2012, 11:13:55 am »
i have 2 usernames now--
zenneth and ziforyu
zenneth came from a game in ps1 called... hoshigami and i found it cool, so i decided to make my name of it

ziforyu is what i use if zenneth is already made, or if i make a second account

it's my main characters in my original story called shadow edge-- ziph, foex, ryusuke.
http://niaryusuke.deviantart.com/art/Under-the-Sky-ZiFoRyu-254306713
cosplays done so far: kakuzu, gintoki, danboard, K Dash, assassin cross, loki of the emblem assassins, gilbert nightray, sebastian, black rock shooter kaito

Offline reppy

• Bunnygirl
    • http://www.animemsn.com
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2012, 06:22:03 pm »
When I was 10, the game Mortal Kombat 2 was my favorite game.  And my favorite character was Reptile.  So the first time I went online, I tried to use the name Reptile . . except someone was already using it.  So, I ended up going by Reptile__ or something for awhile.  And then many variations.  And eventually, my friends start giving me nicknames based on my .. nickname.  And the one that stuck was "reppy".  Since everywhere I went, "reptile" was already taken . . I just decided to adopt reppy as my name.

(And let's be honest.. it sure sounds a heck of a lot cuter, donnit?)

Clark Anime: http://clarkanime.com
Facebook: http://facebook.com/reppy
Kumoricon 2005-10 galleries: http://dunpeal.net/gallery

Offline superjaz

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2012, 11:06:42 pm »
Back in middle school my best friend Eric and I joked around a lot, and he started to go by"Batman" and if he was Batman I needed to be an equally super identity and jaz was already a nickname for Jasmine (my real name) so I became super jaz in our little group

Years later When k con came around I had lost his phone number (Eric had moved years app but we still kept in touch, even went on family trip together) we only had long distance on my moms phone and it broke early days of cell phone so I didn't get called superjaz much so when making my account I picked it .  This was right before the first k con.

On a sad note I got his address from a mutual friend sent him a late-ish Christmas card, only to get a call from his mom telling me he had died of his juvenile diabetes about
3 Weeks prior.
superjaz, that is jaz with one z count'um ONE z!
Proud mom of 2 awesome kids

Offline maydrock

• Chibi
« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2012, 12:00:33 am »
maydrock is a character from one of my books my other user names are generalblades theron g.i.d.

srry for ur lost superjaz

Offline Washougal_Otaku

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2012, 01:12:58 am »
At the time I had registered, I lived in Washougal, WA.  I am an anime fan.

Washougal                    Otaku

It made sense to me.
My cosplay plans for 2022 (thus far): Vanir from Konosuba
My son's plans this year (thus far): Penguin Chiyo-chan from Azumanga Daioh

Offline Prinz Eugen

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2012, 07:28:34 am »
There was a thread on this a few years ago; it's still up so you can see a lot of comments from member at that time too.
My entry (a little long) is here.

Offline Wrath-Chan19

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #7 on: August 16, 2012, 12:49:59 pm »
My friend's cosplay name was Sloth for the longest time
Then we were going to do a skit together and we thought it would be cool to be the, "Not-So-Deadly Sins"
My friend picked the name Envy and I picked Wrath
I had the Chan to make a little more "Anime" and the 19 incase someone had "Wrath-chan"
I rarely get on here anymore, if you want to chat hit me up on Cosplay.com. I my username is Loveable-Eve

Offline princess_of_zeal

• Catgirl
« Reply #8 on: August 16, 2012, 12:54:16 pm »
Chrono Trigger is my favorite video game and Schala is my favorite character from the game.  Schala is the princess of Zeal.  ;)

Offline MadMoai

• Sailor Scout
    • My deviantart
« Reply #9 on: August 17, 2012, 04:50:17 pm »
A "mad moai" is a monster from Dragon Quest IX (and a few others in the Dragon Quest  series) that looks like a giant floating stone head that is, of course, angry-looking. When I first came across one of these guys it really appealed to me for some reason, so now the mad moai is like my identity here and a lot of other places...
Hmm.. gonna have to find out when I can next go to Kumoricon. Might not be until 2019.

Offline chelseahavoc

• Bunnygirl
    • Chelseahavoc's DA
« Reply #10 on: August 17, 2012, 06:55:16 pm »
i was in highschool when i started really needing a user name i used to be "Dancin_Kagome" but i grew tired of being referred to as "Dan" and my ex boy friend (who called me kagome hence the name) was no longer in the picture so i ditched that name and went with a new one.

chelsea is my actual name (so that parts easy). when looking for a new name i was a big fan of fullmetal alchemist and Jean Havoc was (and still is) my fave orite char so i took on his last name for the rest of my screen name

and i just so happen to cause a little havoc where ever i go <3
kumoicon 2013:
day 0: ANIMAL CROSSING Mayor
day 1: morning- Guu (hare + guu)
day 1: afternoon- Terra (ff6)
day 2: chibi moon (sailor moon)
day 3: Princess Zelda (loz:oot)

Offline KingOfSassgard

• Sailor Scout
    • Instagram
« Reply #11 on: August 17, 2012, 07:03:50 pm »
Just because this is my nickname between one of my friends and it stuck. Also because I'm German. XD
Used to be DasDeutsch

Tumblr: http://the-king-of-sassgard.tumblr.com

Offline Kdskc

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #12 on: August 19, 2012, 11:29:31 am »
When I was like 8 or something (I was pretty young) I was trying to sign up for Club Penguin and I couldn't think of a name so I just closed my eyes and put my hands down on the keyboard and I got "kdskc". Ever since then, it has stuck and I use it as a username for a lot of stuff.  My old username was "icanhaspocky" and I got the idea from the website "icanhascheezburger.com" and I changed it to pocky because I love pocky. :3                      

@DasDeutsch: I freaking love your avatar! :D
« Last Edit: August 20, 2012, 12:33:23 pm by Kdskc »
Cosplay ideas for KumoriCon 2014:
Historia Reiss/Christa Renz - Shingeki no Kyojin
Levi - Shingeki no Kyojin
Shion - No. 6

Offline DancingTofu

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #13 on: August 20, 2012, 05:59:01 am »
Dancing: I play too much DDR
Tofu: I was vegatarian/pescitarian for 13 years
moderators gonna moderate </shrug>

Offline Dubaby

• Catgirl
    • My Cosplay.com account
« Reply #14 on: August 22, 2012, 01:11:18 pm »
It's the nickname my parents have had for me almost my whole life, in fact they call me "Dewey" (a shortened version of Dubaby) more than anything else really.
Junior Cadet of TD BRO CHAD

Offline Chromophobic

• Catgirl
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #15 on: August 22, 2012, 04:26:18 pm »
Well with mine..

It was 9th grade, and I had Video Production class and one of our assignments was to create either a serious P.S.A or a joke one. So I decided to make a joke one on the various phobias that are in the world.. I googled "phobia list" and I got a huuuge list of some, and I chose out ones that caught my eye. "Chromophobia" was one of them. After that, I started using "Chromophobic" for various accounts and emails, badge names, and it's also my cosplay name, and my photography name.

So.. That's how I got my username, as well as my nickname of "Chromo" on the forums, and outside of the forums. :3

Offline lilyrosa143

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #16 on: August 24, 2012, 09:12:38 am »
Well, Lily is my first name, rosa is one of my middle names, and 143 as in the I-love-you lighthouse. (I grew up on a boat so it makes sense to have a name that has to do with a lighthouse.)
What does man value more than life, yet fear more than death and mortal strife? What the poor have the rich require, and what contented men desire. What the mizer spends and the spendthrift saves, and all men carry to there graves.

Offline Fuyuko

• Catgirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #17 on: August 24, 2012, 03:32:38 pm »
Mine is the name I've chosen for my Japanese classes back in high school.
Fuyu meaning "Winter", and Ko "Child" which applies to me since I'm a Winter baby. :3

Offline Venusgate

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #18 on: August 25, 2012, 03:25:55 am »
Venusgate is the group of people in the manga "king of thorn" who want to create a utopia with the use of the psycho-manifesting supervirus "Medusa." (the avatar is from the same manga)

Its also really easy to remember, and no-one ever mispronounces it - while still being a name that is unique enough that i never have trouble registering it.

...NEVER KNOWS BEST

Offline HoshiMegamiNoMiko

• Cabbit
    • the-empress-celes
« Reply #19 on: August 25, 2012, 04:30:44 am »
Mine is based off of a song from the Moira album of Sound Horizon :U

Badge name: Celes Zalphumia

Offline CaptnPoptart

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #20 on: August 25, 2012, 10:54:34 am »
I wanted to come up with a really "cool" name that I would stick to for a while. And at the time, I wanted to come up with something to refer to myself as when I become popular/an icon to the world (I know, I love popularity XD) But I wanted to be something with a cute, food-like name to it. I had a big craving for Pop Tarts at the time, so I decided to include "Poptart" into my name. I was getting into pirates at the time too. Often, I'd draw a pirate Poptart as my own personal logo. Thus, the "Captn" part was added to it. NOT Captain or Capn, but CAPTN.

And that's how Equestria was madeAnd that's how my own username was born. I have used this username for most accounts I have in anything. XD
Good News and Bad News.
Bad news is I can't go to Kumoricon the whole weekend because of costs and drivers ed.

GOOD NEWS is that if I can raise enough money I can go for Saturday all day as Espurr (Pokemon X/Y)
Hope to see you all then! <3

Offline TalaRedWolf33

• Bunnygirl
    • Full Moon Crochet
« Reply #21 on: August 25, 2012, 11:52:10 am »
Mines not super special lol
My spirit guide is a wolf, with dark brown red coloring, and so I named her Tala without knowing what it meant. Then I was looking online for names for wolf characters in my novel, and came across Tala,  which means "stalking wolf" and back in middle school everyone thought I was a stalker for various reasons lol so I started using TalaRedWolf (stalking red wolf) as a name. 33 just happens to be mine and my boyfriends favorite number lol

Offline Tanuki19

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #22 on: August 25, 2012, 05:39:22 pm »
Tanuki was my name in Japanese class because raccoons are my favorite animal and that was the closest translation to it. [yes, i know a tanuki is a totally different animal from a raccoon XD its close enough] and 19 is my favorite number. I'm thinking of dropping the 19 though.

Offline kit2kit

• Catgirl
    • Tumblr
« Reply #23 on: August 25, 2012, 06:12:44 pm »
in 5th grade I used to onto this Kirby Artboard where I met a lot of friends. There I was known as kit kit which was a character persona type thing I had back then. After a year or so the artboard shut down and everyone fled to deviantart. When I joined kitkit was taken so I added a 2 in the middle. I'm 18 and I've had the same user name and DA for all these years.
I like it cause it doesnt have to do with any fandom and it's simple. Ive never felt the need to change it.
(funfact: I am still friends with one of those people I talked to on the artboard)
'16 Cosplay
Suzuya (Tokyo Ghoul) // Magic!Betty (Adventure Time)

Offline Titus_Love_Doll

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #24 on: August 25, 2012, 07:30:15 pm »
Erm mine is titus_love_doll it Titus is my Drag king name given to me from all the Queens I know and Love doll is becuse they call me that becuse when i get all dressed I look like a little doll that everyone loves so yeah

Offline Runa

• Catgirl
« Reply #25 on: August 26, 2012, 03:22:59 pm »
Back in College days I picked "Runa von Rosenburg" as my persona name for SCA.
I use that as my forum name (either that or Lady Runa) because I answer to it as I would my own name and figured it would be easier to use than coming up with something new.  :)

Offline toonafeesh

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #26 on: August 26, 2012, 04:21:32 pm »
When I joined, I was really sick with Crohn's disease, and one of the only things I could eat was a Tunafish salad.

Tuna = toona
Fish = feesh

Offline baka-imouto

• Chibi
    • Tumblr
« Reply #27 on: August 26, 2012, 10:34:07 pm »
I was signing up for a deviantART account and I couldn't think of a username I liked, so my sister said, "baka-imouto" I asked what it meant (Idiot little sister [From her point of view]) and I really liked it! I use it all over the place!
Kumoricon 2016: (Days are undecided so far)

Halloween 2010 Prussia (In progress- prop and cosplay started)
Halloween 2011 slave Prussia (In progress- cosplay finished and props started)
Cardverse Prussia (Well.. I have the pattern. -shrugs-)

Offline Sora_Dadlus

• Oni
« Reply #28 on: August 27, 2012, 07:10:56 am »
I love both kingdom hearts and the legend of zelda,

Sora is the kingdom hearts part, and Dadlus is the last name of the hylain royal family. The king of the red lions says his name is Nohsdas Dadalus till hyrule in wind waker.

Offline Zensuke

• Chibi
« Reply #29 on: August 27, 2012, 07:36:54 am »
Back in middle/high school I used "UncleBinki" as my screen name. Mostly because I thought it was funny when people online would see that they've been killed by some one who's name sounds like a clown.

Then late high school I was doing something online and needed a new screen name (I don't even remember why) I couldn't think of anything so I texted my friend and he said I should use "Zensuke." I haven't the faintest idea how he came up with it but for years I never saw the name taken by any one else so I liked the idea that I was the only one using it and stuck with it.

Offline scarlingrose

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #30 on: August 27, 2012, 08:28:38 am »
my nick name is not a nick name but my middle name
it comes from an old 80s rocker band called  scarling
lol
Scarling rose redding

Offline princess_of_zeal

• Catgirl
« Reply #31 on: August 29, 2012, 06:35:32 pm »
my nick name is not a nick name but my middle name
it comes from an old 80s rocker band called  scarling
lol

Scarling is good.  ^_^  I mean...my age is showing, isn't it?

Offline iBubbleTeax3

• Catgirl
« Reply #32 on: August 29, 2012, 08:44:09 pm »
I just like bubble tea. LOL Nothing much behind my username. /lacks creativity.

Offline Raveen92

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #33 on: August 29, 2012, 11:51:18 pm »
In 7th grade I was into neopets and fanfiction (but not a combo of the two) and wanted to create an account for FF.Net first. I was obsessed with Ravens at the time from isolation from everyone avoiding me and letting me rot in my own company. I tried adding my birth year to the end, Raven92, but guess what? Taken. so I went with the term Raveen92 (sad to know everyone likes to call it Rave-Ein instead of Raven when I go on XBOX LIVE)

I have one other variation of Raveen92 in case I need more letters and that's Dark_Raveen92. I chose dark because when I am set to my own devices i am a unsmiling quiet person. Though when I am excited or actually near people I tend to wind up and go hyper crazy in the joy of company, something I didn't really have until I was in high school to be honest, and that was scarcely. Since college has come and grabbed me, my maturity has with interacting with people has become better drastically with the access to talk to others in person.

So the last step for this Raveen is to find a boyfriend. :3
Kumoricon 2016 Hopes
Human Creeper (Minecraft)- 100% Casual
Phi (Zero Escape: Virtue's Last Reward)- 95%
Musa (Winx Club: Season 1 Fairy) - 0%
Amy Wong (Futurama) - 0%
???

Offline acton

• Sailor Scout
    • Acton's Hermitage
« Reply #34 on: August 30, 2012, 09:04:24 pm »
To start with I am a fan of anthropomorphic animals in art literature and costuming (fursuiting) in others I am a furry.
My fusona (think persona) name is Acton but my full fursona name is Acton Rand  Schaeffer. the name is made up of scholars and philosophers that had  an impact on my thought: Lord Acton, Ayn Rand, and Francis Schaeffer.
I am the guy that caries a big Hello Kitty plush unfortunately she was stolen from my truck in March. I not have a slight smaller big kitty.

Offline Besieged.Infection

• Cabbit
    • Infection's Notebook
« Reply #35 on: September 08, 2012, 11:16:38 am »
Besieged Infection is my username, and it stems from "Besieged by Infection." Growing up, I lived down the street from a Meth lab. Because of this my immune system was constantly under attack, and I would get sick pretty much every week. Now that the lab is gone my body is starting to recover, but I still get sick once every two weeks and have crippling migraines every other day. Thus the username still applies.

Now that I think about it, my username is kinda depressing...
« Last Edit: September 08, 2012, 11:17:47 am by Besieged.Infection »
Sakuracon '13: 19th Century Xion (Kingdom Hearts), 18th Century-Style Humanoid Tonberry (Final Fantasy VII), Lilith (Blood Jew'l), and (Female?) Kyouya O. (Ouran.)

Offline otakunobody

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #36 on: September 08, 2012, 12:45:31 pm »
I really didn't want to use my coscom username when I signed up (shortcutie) and due to a joke my friends and I had going at the time I choose otaku as the first part and the nobody really was because I was into KH at the time.
Kumoricon 2015
- Kiki [Kiki's Delivery Service]
- Hiro [Big Hero 6]

Offline DSaturn

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #37 on: September 08, 2012, 02:33:54 pm »
Back in the old days, when RPG used to be message board based, I RPed on a Sailor Moon board. The character i used was from a future where Hotaru died for a final time and sealed her spirit within her half-sister, turning my character into the new Sailor Saturn. There was someone already on the board who was the current Hotaru, so I added my first initial when transfored (becoming D Sailor Saturn) so that we could be told apart.

D Sailor Saturn became my username for EVERYTHING but as i got older, i got tired to explaining the whole Sailor Moon thing to people, so i cut out the sailor and people dont ask anymore.
Kumoricon 2013 The Phoenix Down Slackers will be cosplaying:

Offline garfieldelric

• Chibi
    • Garfield's website
« Reply #38 on: September 08, 2012, 07:26:58 pm »
Mine's simple: Garfield + Edward Elric.

A proud attendee of Kumoricon and SakuraCon.

Offline Nando-KiT

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #39 on: September 09, 2012, 12:59:19 pm »
Originally My screen names were always Kit or the likes, but one day i was just thinking to my self and came up with Nando, not knowing it was an actual Japanese word, so i got curious recently because my name had been coming up in sites on my searches and searched the translation for Nando.
Nando- how many times?, how often? Also found that it translates for Repeat as well.
and then i found this
Nando, a boys name which comes from A familiar form of Ferdinand, meaning "bold alternative." Its apperently German as well.
So either my Screen name now translates to repeating kit or Bold choice kit.
Either is perfectly fine with me anyways 'u'.
Just a bit of back ground on my part.
It all started with the knee.

mascot art belongs to Elaine Huang and Jacqueline Taylor

Offline CyberIncision

• Sailor Scout
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • Facebook Page
« Reply #40 on: September 09, 2012, 01:19:41 pm »
It's just an old handle :) I like morbid things.

Offline JaegerDarkness

• Catgirl
« Reply #41 on: March 22, 2014, 11:10:47 pm »
Otaku - I LOVE ANIME!!!!
24 - Jack Bauer is awesome. Just don't **** him off.
~~Formerly Otaku_24~~

K-con '22 Cosplays
FOR SURE: Kirito, Tanjiro Kamado, & Genderbent Mori Calliope*
MAYBE: Who knows

*Please don’t call me Calvin, I prefer Morichi.

MEMBER OF CHAIR ARMY!
Please join my party!
In the Survey Corps
Deku x Uraraka

Offline Ryo~T.B

• Sailor Scout
    • Twitter
« Reply #42 on: March 24, 2014, 02:26:56 pm »
Ryo (or Ryou) Is the Alias I go by as a part of my cosplay group.
T.B are the initials for or cosplay groups name Toxic Bunny (we will be adding another word, idk what yet)
--------------------------------
You. Ya, you. Hi. Have a nice day. You're beautiful inside and out. ( ^ω^) 🐼

Offline RedEagleEX

• Cabbit
    • Facebook
« Reply #43 on: March 25, 2014, 11:57:00 am »
I had my username for about 14 years. But the reasoning behind it is actually pretty specific for when it was created. Back then I got into a Multiplayer Game called X-Wing vs Tie Fighter. My username for the game is based on the team I was on and what position I was at. Red being Team Red, Eagle being Leader. Thus RedEagle was my handle.

EX was eventually added when I got into Chat and Forum based Text RPGs and the handle RedEagle was taken. (I was very active long ago in the Sailor Moon Text RPs and Dragon Ball Z Text RPs when those shows were still on air on Cartoon Network.)

Since then I never changed my username and from time to time, I get people asking me..."Hey...aren't you RedEagleEX from so and so place?" XD

Offline TomtheFanboy

• Bunnygirl
    • Twitter
    • Kumoricon Archives
« Reply #44 on: April 22, 2014, 05:02:15 pm »
So many delicious secrets! Ha ha! Now I know yours but you will never learn my secret origins!
*maniacal laughter*
*lighting crash*
Tom the Fanboy
Passion over Pedantry!
Pocky Club President 2005-2010

Offline WalkingSpear

• Cabbit
« Reply #45 on: July 11, 2014, 04:14:31 pm »
My username? It's a SECRET! Mwah ha ha ha ha!
Dang! Kagome, what have you been eating?

Offline Hillopurkki

• Cabbit
    • My Art Blog
« Reply #46 on: July 19, 2014, 01:31:44 am »
Hillopurkki is Finnish for 'Jam Jar' which is based on a story/animation I'm writing out. I have a deep love for Scandanavian culture, and I find it's very unique, so yeah.

Terve, Maria, armoitettu,  Herra sinun kanssasi.
I literally can only remember the Hail Mary in Finnish, nothing else hahaha.

Offline kittyhumaniod

• Cabbit
« Reply #47 on: July 27, 2014, 04:08:28 pm »
I have grown up around cats my entire life, and when I discovered furrys/anthropomorphic characters I would often draw cat people the most. For a long time my username for everything was butterfree291, a name given to me by Neopets.com when butterfree wasn't available. As I got older I started to tire of my username, so as a resault, at 3am, I decided to come up with a new one. Since I like anthropomorphic house cats so much I simple add kitty and humanoid together. Unfortunately is was 3am and misspelled humanoid as humaniod. After sounding it out I decided I like the way it sounded, and nobody ever has it. While humanoid is pronounced hu-ma-noy-d, humaniod is pronounced hu-ma-nee-od.

Offline Ashok

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #48 on: July 27, 2014, 07:11:59 pm »
My username Ashok (ah-shok) is the name I want to change my name to, and I like it when people call me by it. I found the name around two years ago while searching for the perfect name of a character I had at the time, while the character did not last my love for the name did. The name means 'without sorrow'

I think I mostly just used it though because it wasn't taken and I was not very creative at 4am, but I don't think I would change from this username if given the option.

Offline Azuraschampion

• Chibi
« Reply #49 on: July 27, 2014, 09:34:30 pm »
Mines an obscure reference to an elder scrolls character. Cookie if you can guess who. :)
DA:http://azuraschampion.deviantart.com/
Cosplays for Kumoricon 2014, days may change
Day 0: Tifa Lockhart
Day 1: Ruby Rose
Day 2: Mother's Rosario Kirito/ Erza Scarlet
Day 3: Kuroyukihime/ Tifa Lockhart/ Secret cosplay
Day 4: Erza Scarlet