Author Topic: What would you like to see at Kumoricon this year? (Gaming wise)  (Read 24137 times)

Offline Hazuki

• Oni
What sorts of games would you all like to see this year? Post your opinions/ questions here~ Last year was awesome, so lets make it awesome once more!!! P.S. If you hung out around the rhythm gaming area a lot you'll probably remember me as the guy playing ddr on his computer lol xD

Offline GregAtlas

• Catgirl
Re: What would you like to see at Kumoricon this year? (Gaming wise)
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2012, 03:04:28 am »
Personally, I would love to see original super smash brothers, smash brothers brawl (with the smash ball turned off and timer increased to 5 minutes in the options or go to stock 5), computers set up with strategy games such as star craft and league of legends (All I saw was counterstrike last year), pinball machines, and an arcade version of street fighter 2. All of these would be fun tournament play as well in my opinion. I would especially love to see an original smash brothers tournament instead of just brawl like last year. Oh, and I hope there is a Rock Band or guitar hero setup like last year. I'm too shy to participate in something like that but it was fun to see when I visited the game area. Perhaps if it were guitar hero rather than rock band I would have participated since I am more familiar with the guitar hero setup of dots instead of bars (among other things).

Not that I expect there to be any actual arcade systems, but it would certainly be sweet. I would offer to bring my dad's pinball machines if #1 I wouldn't have to worry about people damaging them or damaging them during transit #2 smell of cat and making sure they're in proper working order #3 Transport over 200 miles #4 Carrying one of them down a flight of stairs (the other is on ground floor but would probably be almost as difficult to get out)

Anybody have a personal teleporter we could borrow? :P
Kaito - 99% done
Blitzcrank - 40% done
Darkrai - 90% done

Offline Pixie

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2012, 09:30:05 am »
I would like to see Pokemon: Battle Revolution on the Wii, if not a straight-up Pokemon tournament for fourth and fifth generation games.
(Meaning Pokemon Diamond, Pearl, Platinum, HeartGold, SoulSilver, Black, White versions)
HOW DARE YOU ACCUSE ME OF BEING NORMAL!!!!
I am weird and proud of it. The concept of "blending in" scares me.

Kumoricon 2013 Cosplays:
Dragonite (Pokemon)
Medusa (Soul Eater)
Fluttershy (My Little Pony)

Offline GwarNekoChan

• Catgirl
    • My facebook! o3o
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2012, 10:11:03 am »
Persona 4: Arena! c:
Kumoricon 2013 was cancelled for me. Can't await for next year! Cosplay list will arrive soon.

Offline Sithicus

• Cabbit
« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2012, 02:22:36 pm »

I completely agree. Persona 4 Arena tournament would be very cool. Please someone start some kind of tournament!

Offline GregAtlas

• Catgirl
« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2012, 07:42:08 pm »
That gets my vote too despite not being able to play it yet X3
Kaito - 99% done
Blitzcrank - 40% done
Darkrai - 90% done

Offline microgamer2vs2

• Cabbit
    • Wideface
« Reply #6 on: August 15, 2012, 11:37:58 pm »
Agreed. Also, Soul Calibur V.
2010 cosplays:
Kanon (Umineko) - alt outfit
Ishida Uryuu (Bleach) - school uniform
Naoi Ayato (Angel Beats!)
Ichinomiya Kou (Arakawa Under The Bridge)

yeah, none are too complex, I'm slowly stepping my game up though :P

Offline bBlackHat

• Cabbit
« Reply #7 on: August 15, 2012, 11:40:15 pm »
Persona 4 Arena and BlazBlue: Continuum Shift! Also DDR is great, even though I can only watch... Ahahaha

Offline maydrock

• Chibi
« Reply #8 on: August 15, 2012, 11:56:06 pm »
ok how mature of games do u alow

Offline venicekind

• Cabbit
    • My Anime List
« Reply #9 on: August 16, 2012, 03:06:21 pm »

I agree 100% on this

Offline Hazuki

• Oni
« Reply #10 on: August 16, 2012, 08:36:42 pm »
Game maturity? Mmmm... Im not quite sure. Try asking one of the senior gaming staff. In my opinion, as long as its not in the scale of the Witcher 2 i think it'd be alright xD
But that's my opinion.
Honestly Id like to see Bomber Man again this year~

Offline nyahaha

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #11 on: August 17, 2012, 01:12:41 pm »
I would love it if Just Dance was there. Any of them.
check out my facebook page!! www.facebook.com/macnleecosplay

Offline CherryFrog

• Cabbit
« Reply #12 on: August 17, 2012, 02:58:51 pm »
For Tabletop gaming, I know my boyfriend would LOOOOOVVVEEEE to see a game of World of Darkness going. :) He actually registered because he noticed that last year they had World of Darkness games happening. . .  >.>

Offline Hazuki

• Oni
« Reply #13 on: August 17, 2012, 03:50:39 pm »
I could bring my Kinect And Just Dance 2 possibly.

Offline bBlackHat

• Cabbit
« Reply #14 on: August 23, 2012, 04:40:45 pm »
Should have Dance Central 2 out there too, if possible. Gotta love those routines lol.

Offline GregAtlas

• Catgirl
« Reply #15 on: August 24, 2012, 07:06:29 am »
I would like to see a tournament to see how far a team can get through battletoads co-op.

Edit: Without cheats.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2012, 07:07:02 am by GregAtlas »
Kaito - 99% done
Blitzcrank - 40% done
Darkrai - 90% done

Offline Shin Star

• Cabbit
« Reply #16 on: August 24, 2012, 10:52:27 pm »
Saturn Bomberman will return again this year. I just hope I can get 9 other people together...and a nice big TV. I might also bring a "new" Bomberman game I just finally got to try out. It might not be as fun as Saturn's but it's interesting and funny lol.

I would like to see a tournament to see how far a team can get through battletoads co-op.

Edit: Without cheats.
THIS!!!!!
If at first you don't succeed, give up.

Offline Takeshi-San

• Cabbit
    • Facebook
« Reply #17 on: September 25, 2012, 09:00:39 am »

Ditto. But generally the third since you can marketplace all the songs from the previous games and more. And if you've seen how many songs they have on Rock Band.......
K-Con '14 Plans
Sanji and Law - "One Piece" / Wolfwood - "Trigun" / Mako and Wan - "Legend of Korra"

Offline Fevenis

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #18 on: October 01, 2012, 09:59:33 am »
...computers set up with strategy games such as star craft and league of legends (All I saw was counterstrike last year)...

Hey GregAtlas, did you stop by LAN Gaming this year? It wasn't in the basement, but on the 2nd floor next to the Manga Library and one of the panel rooms. We had League of Legends, Star Craft II (on select computers), and CounterStrike: GO. Not to mentioned a few other new games!

I would like to see Pokemon: Battle Revolution on the Wii, if not a straight-up Pokemon tournament for fourth and fifth generation games.
(Meaning Pokemon Diamond, Pearl, Platinum, HeartGold, SoulSilver, Black, White versions)

I will work with someone from the Pokemon scene next year to try and setup something like this. In the past we tried to run a setup like this, but if you're a Pokemon expect, you know the scene is very rule bound and subject to hacking.

Game maturity? Mmmm... Im not quite sure. Try asking one of the senior gaming staff. In my opinion, as long as its not in the scale of the Witcher 2 i think it'd be alright xD
But that's my opinion.

To touch on game maturity, we have to be careful on this one. Most games we're allowed to play are usually below M due to the variety of ages we get in gaming. There are of course exceptings to the rules and we usually handle the games on a case by case basis.

There will def be more Bomberman ;).

Offline GregAtlas

• Catgirl
« Reply #19 on: October 07, 2012, 07:48:00 am »
I did stop by once. Looked like a cool setup except for the limited room and only 6 computers. If we were to do a league of legends match against each other we would need 10. preferably more in order have other games other people may wish to play without kicking people off just for a tourney. It was a somewhat confusing location as well since it was separate from the other gaming sections but I understand that was for net connection. Too bad a wire couldn't be ran down to the garage.
Kaito - 99% done
Blitzcrank - 40% done
Darkrai - 90% done

Offline Fevenis

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #20 on: October 07, 2012, 08:09:37 am »
Just wanted to make sure you had your facts straight ;). If things go the way I hope they go next year, all of gaming will be in the same spot. I agree, I wish we had 10 computers and that is another goal of mine, though we hit some pretty huge mile stones this year.

LAN used to be 6 computers comprised of barely working parts from various locations (friends garages, my basement, junk yards). Our spread of games were retro games since we couldn't get an internet connection, though even if we did it wouldn't had made much difference. 2011, we purchased 3 new computers, but kept our retro spread so all the computers had the same games. This year, we purchased 3 more computers and added a bunch of games to our spread that we couldn't before because of hardware and internet limitations. Not to mention the sweet low light room with the projector.

We've come a long way =). And who says you can't have a 3v3 LoL match ;)? We did a few just for fun and it was a blast. Though funny (or sadly?) enough, alot of folks don't want to see LoL return this next coming year because people would abuse the time limit and hog the computers. I think next year we're going to have to be more strict on our time limits.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2012, 08:20:28 am by Fevenis »

Offline 2Legit

• Oni
« Reply #21 on: November 24, 2012, 09:11:39 pm »
Dota 2 Tournament.

Offline ichigo_m.

• Catgirl
    • OhMyCosplay
« Reply #22 on: November 28, 2012, 06:14:34 pm »
I love the table top pokemon going on this year but I would love to see some Lol too. (:
Kumoricon 2014: Pearl - Sakizou. Princess Serenity - Sailor Moon. Undine Asuna - SAO. Zelda - A Link Between Worlds.

Offline SilverThunder

• Oni
« Reply #23 on: January 02, 2013, 09:55:40 am »
I believe I would like to see the following: Soul Calibur V
Pokemon Battle Revolution
Dead or Alive 5
Tekken Tag Tournament 2 
Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3
Street Fighter X Tekken
Ice Age: Continental Drift - Arctic Games
Sonic Generations
Mario and Sonic at the London 2012 Olympic Games
Playstation All-Stars Battle Royal
.hack//Versus (if you can get it from Japan; optional)
Super Smash Bros (N64)
Pokemon Stadium 2 (Nintendo 64)

My Cosplay for 3 Days in Kumoricon 2012: Pokemon Trainer (Super Smash Bros. Brawl)

Offline GregAtlas

• Catgirl
« Reply #24 on: January 05, 2013, 07:30:27 pm »
Add Mechwarrior Online to the list if they ever introduce a way to face off against other specific groups.
Kaito - 99% done
Blitzcrank - 40% done
Darkrai - 90% done

Offline Nayruenthusiast

• Cabbit
« Reply #25 on: January 15, 2013, 05:25:36 pm »
Besides Smash Bros. Brawl and Pokemon, Playstation All-stars: Battle Royale 2v2 tournament.
4th place SSBB Kumo 2013
Top 8 Sm4sh Newcon 2014
3rd place Sm4sh Kumo-Lite 2015

Offline JaegerDarkness

• Catgirl
« Reply #26 on: March 05, 2013, 08:45:48 pm »
I have two requests;
1. Minecraft.
2. Get computer/console gaming operational, by the time Pre-reg check-in starts. (Gomenasai, for going sorta off topic, with this request)
~~Formerly Otaku_24~~

K-con '22 Cosplays
FOR SURE: Kirito, Tanjiro Kamado, & Genderbent Mori Calliope*
MAYBE: Who knows

*Please don’t call me Calvin, I prefer Morichi.

MEMBER OF CHAIR ARMY!
Please join my party!
In the Survey Corps
Deku x Uraraka

Offline NekSizzle

• Cabbit
« Reply #27 on: March 08, 2013, 08:24:31 am »
Music games.  DDR, PIU *machines or bust*, Jubeat on iPads even.

Fighting Games:  UMvC3, TTT2, P4A, SFxT, Brawl, Injustice, whatever else can be wrangled up. 

Classic co op games: *streets of rage, simpsons arcade, ninja turtles, etc

Shooters: Because everyone and their mother plays CoD and friends..

Tournaments for as many things as possible.  It's not hard to organize, run, and give small anime/con prizes for.

Offline JaegerDarkness

• Catgirl
« Reply #28 on: March 08, 2013, 04:19:13 pm »
@NekSizzle

I hope your suggestions include Minecraft.
~~Formerly Otaku_24~~

K-con '22 Cosplays
FOR SURE: Kirito, Tanjiro Kamado, & Genderbent Mori Calliope*
MAYBE: Who knows

*Please don’t call me Calvin, I prefer Morichi.

MEMBER OF CHAIR ARMY!
Please join my party!
In the Survey Corps
Deku x Uraraka

Offline NekSizzle

• Cabbit
« Reply #29 on: March 09, 2013, 08:03:00 am »
@NekSizzle

I hope your suggestions include Minecraft.

The problem with things like minecraft is that it's rather difficult to enjoy with other people in a con environment without large amounts of setups or an internal server.  If the means exist, sure.  Otherwise I don't see it being an awesome idea.

Offline Washougal_Otaku

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #30 on: March 09, 2013, 01:08:42 pm »
We're talking about video games here ONLY, correct?

Well, I am a fan of sports games, and it'd be kinda nice to play a little baseball or football against someone else.

I like the older Street Fighter games, as well as older KOF's.  Speaking of fighting games, I have a copy of EvilZone that I consider to easily be one of the best fighting games to have come out of the 90's that didn't become a multi-game franchise. 
My cosplay plans for 2022 (thus far): Vanir from Konosuba
My son's plans this year (thus far): Penguin Chiyo-chan from Azumanga Daioh

Offline GregAtlas

• Catgirl
« Reply #31 on: March 11, 2013, 06:16:10 pm »
In my opinion this post can include any kind of game suggestion, but that's my opinion.

Your talking about sports games made me think that maybe k-con should have a blood bowl league tournament.
Kaito - 99% done
Blitzcrank - 40% done
Darkrai - 90% done

Offline Washougal_Otaku

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #32 on: March 13, 2013, 01:24:55 am »
^ I'm not sure what you mean by a "blood bowl league" tournament, but thank you for the sport support.

For the tabletop gaming, I would like to see more anime-themed games taking place.  I've tried doing a BESM system for Slayers twice, and both times had only four players.  I think the first one was due to how late it was, and the other wasn't even in the gaming section because of "scheduling problems."  I went to the gaming area that year, too, and found no reason why my game couldn't have occurred there.  As a result, I don't think I want to try this ever again, but I think if someone else were to try to pitch SOMETHING anime related, they might be more successful.

Offline NekSizzle

• Cabbit
« Reply #33 on: March 13, 2013, 07:58:06 am »
^ I'm not sure what you mean by a "blood bowl league" tournament, but thank you for the sport support.

For the tabletop gaming, I would like to see more anime-themed games taking place.  I've tried doing a BESM system for Slayers twice, and both times had only four players.  I think the first one was due to how late it was, and the other wasn't even in the gaming section because of "scheduling problems."  I went to the gaming area that year, too, and found no reason why my game couldn't have occurred there.  As a result, I don't think I want to try this ever again, but I think if someone else were to try to pitch SOMETHING anime related, they might be more successful.

From my experiences with either running game room as staff or as a coordinator, anime themed card games and such are only successful when heavily promoted.  Whether through a table top room's schedule or a tutorial panel on how to play certain ones, something of the sort is almost a necessity for more than a handful of people to plan to incorporate such things into their con schedule.

Sitting down and learning a new anime themed card game is alot more restricting of an impromptu thing than a round of DDR or a fighting game, so promotionpromotionpromotion. 8)

Offline GregAtlas

• Catgirl
« Reply #34 on: March 13, 2013, 01:34:43 pm »

What I mean is that apparently Blood Bowl (computer version) has a league system where every player creates a team and takes on other players in the league tournament style. I will confirm this later because today both the legendary and the chaos edition are on sale in Steam.
Kaito - 99% done
Blitzcrank - 40% done
Darkrai - 90% done

Offline Washougal_Otaku

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #35 on: March 14, 2013, 07:52:01 pm »
...so, what's Blood Bowl?

Offline NekSizzle

• Cabbit
« Reply #36 on: March 14, 2013, 11:08:32 pm »
...so, what's Blood Bowl?

*pokes the google button*

http://www.bloodbowl-game.com/index.php?rub=news-info&id=158

Basically it's Warhammer meets football it seems...

Offline GregAtlas

• Catgirl
« Reply #37 on: March 15, 2013, 03:28:55 am »
Blood Bowl is basically a game where you combine Game's Workshop's Warhammer fantasy franchise with football or fantasy football.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XTbXNxYVHpE <--- example of the computer version of the game. (Warning for those feint of heart: Female gamer is present in the video. Yes, they do exist!)

Man, I shouldn't be posting when I'm so tired XD wheeeeEEEEEEeeeee~
Kaito - 99% done
Blitzcrank - 40% done
Darkrai - 90% done

Offline Washougal_Otaku

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #38 on: March 15, 2013, 05:06:23 pm »
It looks kinda dull, from what little I watched, but maybe that's because I'm so used to Madden's pre-play set-ups.

Offline GregAtlas

• Catgirl
« Reply #39 on: March 16, 2013, 02:34:51 am »
Madden is dull to me. This is more of a combat oriented game and half of the fun is seeing how bad the dice rolls are going to screw you or the opponent. It isn't traditional American football either. In these games you're lucky if you get more than 2 points per game since it focuses more on the bashy bits. Kind of like the old school Mutant combat league sports games, only more on the tabletop strategy side of things.
Kaito - 99% done
Blitzcrank - 40% done
Darkrai - 90% done

Offline NekSizzle

• Cabbit
« Reply #40 on: March 16, 2013, 02:51:36 am »
Madden is dull to me. This is more of a combat oriented game and half of the fun is seeing how bad the dice rolls are going to screw you or the opponent. It isn't traditional American football either. In these games you're lucky if you get more than 2 points per game since it focuses more on the bashy bits. Kind of like the old school Mutant combat league sports games, only more on the tabletop strategy side of things.

Not exactly my cup of tea, but definitely sounds like it'd appeal to a rather small market, then again I know nothing of tabletop warhammer fanbases.  8)

Offline Washougal_Otaku

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #41 on: March 17, 2013, 02:23:45 pm »

I don't really see that as fun, though.  Having the game based on die roll takes away from the beauty of the talent and balance aspects of the game.  And football is about strategy, not random encounters followed up by bashing after blood-soaked bashing.  What you're talking about, and what I saw from the video, is not football, but an oddly-arranged war game, which takes away from what I originally stated.

I could see it doing fairly well, though, presumably in the ... oh, crap, what's it called?  Where people play interactive PC games with each other...?  I could see it doing well there, at least if more people know about it.  But for what I'm looking for, a quick game of Madden or possibly MLB The Show (I'd even be fine with most versions of SmackDown vs. RAW), would be ideal.

Offline GregAtlas

• Catgirl
« Reply #42 on: March 18, 2013, 05:01:09 am »
I've been playing quite a bit of Blood Bowl the last couple days and am actually quite a bit surprised at how strategic it is instead of random like I initially thought. Sure there are random elements that happen and are either awesome or horrible depending how you look at it, but most of it can be controlled depending on how you build your team and what kind of modifiers you buy, such as cheer leaders or assistant coaches. The random events are actually more... stylized (for lack of better words) but if they weren't so exotic, you would see them being in real life sports games. I've seen sports matches where the audience rushs the field or throws debris. There are also weather effects in real life that can effect the game.

Ultimately I feel it is a great strategy game with a somewhat steep learning curve, and where a lot of the tactics can be attributed to overall tactics for league play because sometimes there will be games where you just cannot get a break and the enemy team easily breaks through your team and gets the scoring points, so what can you do? One thing you can do is gang up on their players and try to cause injuries that will hurt them later in the next round, or sometimes you are just trying to get your players to survive so you let them score to cut your losses. The game overall is way too complex to describe in text or even with a single video (especially of a couple people who were very new to the game and making tons of mistakes) **shrug** to each their own though.
Kaito - 99% done
Blitzcrank - 40% done
Darkrai - 90% done

Offline NekSizzle

• Cabbit
« Reply #43 on: March 18, 2013, 06:12:22 am »
The game overall is way too complex to describe in text or even with a single video (especially of a couple people who were very new to the game and making tons of mistakes) **shrug** to each their own though.

Which again reiterates to me that it'd be horrible in a game room full of primarily casual gamers and curious onlookers at best.

Offline GregAtlas

• Catgirl
« Reply #44 on: March 18, 2013, 07:55:12 am »
Same could be said about most games geeks and nerds play if you insist on thinking of it that way. 

Not every game has to be a brainless button masher.
Kaito - 99% done
Blitzcrank - 40% done
Darkrai - 90% done

Offline NekSizzle

• Cabbit
« Reply #45 on: March 18, 2013, 10:33:46 pm »
Same could be said about most games geeks and nerds play if you insist on thinking of it that way. 

Not every game has to be a brainless button masher.

Looool, offense.  You're taking it. 8)

Offline Tankou001

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #46 on: March 25, 2013, 02:46:30 pm »
More Fallout: Equestria tabletop
Cosplay Progress:
Akimichi Chouji: 90%
Big Macintosh: 20%

Offline SaigoGetsuga

• Oni
« Reply #47 on: May 01, 2013, 07:05:40 pm »
One game I would like to see at Kumoricon would be Naruto Shippuden Ultimate Ninja Storm (generations or 3) and have it be like a tournament (similar to the Brawl Tournament last year).

Offline RedKnight

• Oni
« Reply #48 on: May 11, 2013, 10:14:13 am »

I also Agree with this, they need to have game tournaments for lots of Anime Based Games.
And super smash bros would be a amazing idea.

Offline MPHopcroft

• Oni
« Reply #49 on: May 18, 2013, 02:29:49 pm »
As far as tabletop RPGs go, I'm thinking of trying to run a couple of things myself since I'm going to my first Kumoricon in several years. But I've been away from this particular convention long enough that I am not entirely sure what would attract players.

There are a couple of recent Kickstarters for anime-inspired RPGs that I might draw from were the PDFs ready by the time the convention rolls around, if there would be interest. I'm also wondering if there would be interest in some of the smaller-press titles.
"Without Love, I'd have no Anger. I wouldhn't believe in Righteousness." - Bernie Taupin