Author Topic: "The Legand of Korra" Avatar Spinoff??  (Read 42705 times)

Offline Blue Leader

• Chibi
    • Blue Banshees Productions
Re: "The Legand of Korra" Avatar Spinoff??
« Reply #50 on: April 17, 2012, 03:20:59 pm »
I thought the series was surprisingly good. I was skeptical about it for a while-- spinoffs in general, and the whole change to a modern city struck me as a little odd-- but after watching the first two episodes I thought it was turning out quite well. Granted, it felt a little rushed with the sudden obvious romantic interest, and there were a couple other aspects that I thought could have been slowed down and could have come in later, but overall I liked it.

...Am I the only one who now wants a Last Airbender/Legend of Korra MMORPG, or at least a new video game for Legender of Korra?
C'mon, an MMO could be wicked cool...

Also, Meelo creeps me the heck out. >>;;
« Last Edit: April 17, 2012, 03:22:47 pm by Blue Leader »

This Year's Cosplay:
Jedi Knight, Heat Guy J(?)

Offline camname21

• Bunnygirl
    • Deviantart
« Reply #51 on: April 17, 2012, 04:46:30 pm »
It would make a nice mmo, there are just so many that I doubt it would be done.

Offline soundninja12

• Bunnygirl
    • ILOVEYOUGUYSSOMUCH
« Reply #52 on: April 25, 2012, 08:07:31 pm »
My comments:
I hate the idea of the equalists. The last series was so black and white, fire nation is bad, Avatar is good. But this series... I find myself almost agreeing with the equalists, which is difficult for me.
I must admit, however, that I love the series so far.
Korra is remarkably attractive, and Bolin is the cutest thing in the whole world
/End Katie comments for now
Next con: Kumoricon
Make sure to pop in to the Tiptoe Through the TARDIS panel this year.
It is going to be...

Offline camname21

• Bunnygirl
    • Deviantart
« Reply #53 on: April 26, 2012, 01:40:25 am »
Did you forget about all the fire nation people and groups who obviously good guys?  I know the basic idea was the fire nation was doing bad things, but it wasn't all bad.

Offline Kimiski

• Bunnygirl
    • Kimiski's Artwork
« Reply #54 on: April 26, 2012, 01:57:50 pm »
The last episode really peaked my interest. I'm very interested in how Amon obtained that power, when only Aang has ever possessed it. ;O

Attendee since: 2004
Volunteer since: 2010
Staffer since: 2012

Offline soundninja12

• Bunnygirl
    • ILOVEYOUGUYSSOMUCH
« Reply #55 on: May 24, 2012, 06:16:09 pm »
And how Aang pretty much had to go through hell and back in order to do it :x

Did you forget about all the fire nation people and groups who obviously good guys?  I know the basic idea was the fire nation was doing bad things, but it wasn't all bad.
I actually don't remember that being a focal point at all really
Of course the whole Fire Nation wasn't bad, they never are, but they never targeted the whole nation, just Ozai.
With the equalists, it's completely different. Seeing people like Mako's girly-friend's dad just end up being a supporter of them, that was painful. Though you can relate him to Teo's dad, who was building weapons for the Fire Nation in AtLA, I think they were pretty different. Teo's dad didn't support them entirely out of choice, but out of fear, while Mr. Sato did it entirely out of his own free will.
I find myself, through this whole thing, thinking of Sokka, who traveled all the way across the world with Aang, never having the ability to bend. He found his own niche, his own way to help, and I can't see someone like him being such a butt like Amon is doing, and benders killed his mother.

And saying that I hated the idea of the equalists was a lie
I just feel like they're harder to deal with than the Fire Nation was
But, after the last few episodes, I was like "These poops"
Though they kinda have a point
But
Still
Ugh
Stressful for Katie

I ALSO THINK SHE SHOULD JUST LOVE BOLIN RIGHT NOW
IF SHE DOESN'T
I WILL
« Last Edit: May 24, 2012, 06:18:21 pm by soundninja12 »
Next con: Kumoricon
Make sure to pop in to the Tiptoe Through the TARDIS panel this year.
It is going to be...

Offline mizushimo

• Cabbit
« Reply #56 on: July 12, 2012, 09:58:07 pm »
Legend of Korra, I had such high hopes for you... I thought that the series was rushed, subplots seemed to appear out of no where then disappear again just as quickly. Korra was a great character, but I felt that she never got a moment to really shine in the finale, it seemed like everyone was kicking ass besides her. The love triangle between Korra, Mako and Asami seemed forced and out of place.. I'd almost like it better if she didn't end up with Mako in the end. Also, the villian's back story was just dumped on us at the end with almost no build up. I know they were trying to recreate the feeling of that Ozai / Roku backstory episode from Avatar season 3, but it just fell flat.

I'm hoping that the next season will have it's act together.

Offline The_Emo_Schemer

• Sailor Scout
    • Facebook
« Reply #57 on: July 14, 2012, 10:20:50 pm »
Anyone else think the Korra's twin cousins introduced at Comic Con, look like they popped out of some horror movie? :<
2012 Kumoricon Cosplay
Fire Nation Disguise Suki -A:TLAB
Lenalee Lee - D.Gray-man
Sasuke - Brave 10
Yuffie Kisaragi
Sailor Moon