Author Topic: [Approved] Kumori Pub Quiz - Anime and Manga Trivia Game  (Read 2678 times)

Offline Rathany

• Bunnygirl
[Approved] Kumori Pub Quiz - Anime and Manga Trivia Game
« on: August 11, 2012, 09:32:47 pm »
My recent hobby has been doing pub quizzes, geeky and otherwise :)  So, I've decided to bring something with the same format to Kumoricon ... minus the beer drinking.  (Some of us can do that after ^.^ )

Lazuli and myself will be hosting two rounds of trivia.  There will be prizes, but what prize could compare with winning?  

I'll add in the time once we have the final schedule, but it will likely be Saturday evening.  You can meet up with people at the panel to make teams, or make teams in advance.  Teams can be up to four people.  To make a really strong team, try to get people who know about different genres.  There will he a bonus prize for the team with the best name ... as decided by us.  

So, who thinks they know the most about anime, manga and related trivia?  
« Last Edit: August 12, 2012, 11:20:26 pm by Rathany »
2003 - 2006 Kumoricon Attendee
2007 - Assistant Registration Manager - PreReg Side
2008 - Vice Chair
2009/2010 - Director of Relations
2011 - Return to Vice
2012 - herp derp

Offline @random

• Bunnygirl
    • Google+
    • Cosplay.com account, dreadfully outdated
Re: [Approved] Kumori Pub Quiz
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2012, 01:11:52 am »
Would answers like "That girl from Kanon who hunts invisible 'demons' with a sword, but they're really <SPOILER>" work? ;)
This is my serious voice. Otherwise, I'm just another anime fan, not a moderator.

Offline Rathany

• Bunnygirl
Re: [Approved] Kumori Pub Quiz
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2012, 01:45:24 am »
Ummm... no.  Not even for you;)  However, we will not dock points for spelling ... partially because that would be a drama filled pain in the tuckus.  "No, Jordan romanization only!!"
2008 - Vice Chair
2011 - Return to Vice
2012 - herp derp

Offline engagedtone

• Oni
Re: [Approved] Kumori Pub Quiz - Anime and Manga Trivia Game
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2012, 09:16:44 pm »
I want this to happen. BADLY.

Offline Rathany

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2012, 07:06:32 pm »
Don't worry, it will happen!  Saturday starting at 6.  We have questions and everything ^.^
2008 - Vice Chair
2011 - Return to Vice
2012 - herp derp

Offline wana10

• Oni
« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2012, 03:29:17 pm »
The pub quiz was a lot of fun. Nice mix of new and old questions and while difficult wasn't impossible. Hope to see it again at future cons!

Offline Spontaneous

• Sailor Scout
    • My Deviantart
« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2012, 06:39:10 pm »
I wasn't there for the first round, but as for the second round, I thought the level of difficulty was just fine. It wouldn't be very fun if everyone knew the answers to most of the questions. I hope next time there will be more rounds though so that more people can win something :)
Day 1: Natalia Lanvaldear
Day 2: Mikasa Ackerman
Day 3: Maya Fey

tumblr
deviantart

Offline Rathany

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #7 on: September 04, 2012, 11:39:32 am »
Ooh, I think more rounds are a good idea.  That also means more people can drop in for a round or two.  Jaki gave us a lot of time because we weren't sure how long it would take.  We modeled it about 80% on the bi-weekly Geek Trivia Pub Quizzes at McMenamins Kennedy School and that many questions takes them about an hour and forty minutes. 

We are currently planning next year's quiz :) 

Should all the rounds be a mix so everyone is challenged or should be do themed rounds to play to different strengths?  Or, maybe a mix: 3 general rounds, one 'old school round', one focusing more on the American VAs and fandom and one that requires more knowledge about Japan, seiyuu, the bands who do the themes...?  Then have a few more random rounds in our pocket in case we get through things quickly. 
2008 - Vice Chair
2011 - Return to Vice
2012 - herp derp