Author Topic: Glomp circle?  (Read 3205 times)

Offline prussia

• Sailor Scout
Glomp circle?
« on: August 04, 2012, 09:39:22 pm »
i'm just wondering if they're allowed at this convention before i set one up and get yelled at by one of the staff
-->glomping circle=hugging version of spin the bottle
and also, the glomping circle is optional to people, so im not sure if this would still be an issue, i know they ARE banned at certain conventions here and there, theres a couple i've been to where its perfectly fine, i think the only time i've personally had the staff of a convention have a problem with a glomping circle was one of the days at sakura con, for some reason?

i know that last year at sakura con we got yelled at by someone on saturday when we made a glomp circle ((no one seemed to care on friday or sunday though for some weird reason.....(i didnt set up the one on sunday cause we got yelled at on saturday, but i joined them for a bit)))

Offline Washougal_Otaku

• Bunnygirl
Re: Glomp circle?
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2012, 10:55:33 pm »
Not only are they allowed, they're somewhat encouraged.  There's a park across the street from the Hilton that has excellent circle potential.  The previous year that this con was in Vancouver (2007 & 2011), there were many circles there.

What is somewhat frowned upon is the occasional unwanted glomping.  As a head's up, here's a thread in which possible solutions to side-step the problem have been discussed.

https://www.kumoricon.org/forums/index.php?topic=16282.0

(Haha!  I almost forgot to provide the link!  Silly me...)
« Last Edit: August 04, 2012, 10:56:02 pm by Washougal_Otaku »
My cosplay plans for 2022 (thus far): Vanir from Konosuba
My son's plans this year (thus far): Penguin Chiyo-chan from Azumanga Daioh

Offline @random

• Bunnygirl
    • Google+
    • Cosplay.com account, dreadfully outdated
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2012, 12:55:51 am »
One thing worth noting: Glomp circles can't be in conspace.
This is my serious voice. Otherwise, I'm just another anime fan, not a moderator.

Offline Washougal_Otaku

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2012, 01:00:58 am »
This is true.  I'm not sure if they ever were, even though I know that they used to happen.  (My first was in 2006, but I was there briefly... Man!  That chick was cute!).

Offline prussia

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2012, 08:26:36 am »
alright, thanks, cause this will be my first year at kcon, and usually there's a grassy area nearby or outside the convention building, and i know, random glomping= not good .__. ..... i mean if you don't know the person ask before you touch them is the thing there
but thanks and alright guys :3

Offline princess_of_zeal

• Catgirl
« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2012, 10:01:43 am »
This sounds fun.

Offline CaptnPoptart

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #6 on: August 05, 2012, 02:11:50 pm »
As long as it isn't in the middle of con-space (like, IN the hotels), it will be alright. I remember Sakuracon 2011 when there was a glomp circle on Saturday, but some people were concerned about it and scolded us. Now that I think about it, it WAS in the middle of the con-space, so it was obviously not acceptable.
Good News and Bad News.
Bad news is I can't go to Kumoricon the whole weekend because of costs and drivers ed.

GOOD NEWS is that if I can raise enough money I can go for Saturday all day as Espurr (Pokemon X/Y)
Hope to see you all then! <3

Offline Washougal_Otaku

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #7 on: August 05, 2012, 03:28:36 pm »
They were pretty stern about the space this year. At times it almost felt rude. I know they were doing their jobs, but, holy crap, chill out.