Author Topic: Something to keep in mind for cosplay  (Read 2237 times)

Offline @random

• Bunnygirl
    • Google+
    • Cosplay.com account, dreadfully outdated
Something to keep in mind for cosplay
« on: August 03, 2012, 10:00:41 am »
I hope I'm worried about nothing, but please consider this when choosing costumes and props for Kumoricon: A Pennylvania man was recently arrested because people were scared by the masked costume he was wearing. Yes, really.  :-\

http://www.lehighvalleylive.com/warren-county/express-times/index.ssf/2012/08/batman-like_mask-clad_man_says.html

When posing for photos or goofing around, please consider how your actions might look to bystanders. I'd like to hope the police would use reason when dealing with anime convention attendees, but better safe than sorry.
This is my serious voice. Otherwise, I'm just another anime fan, not a moderator.

Offline nikkiolie

• It's over nine THOUSAND!!!!!
    • Facebook
Re: Something to keep in mind for cosplay
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2012, 11:09:51 am »
I think the police will be a little more understanding if there is a large group of people in costume. This guy was by himself. Though that being said, if people wonder too far away from the con space they need to be considerate of others so this doesn't happen but I think if they are in a few blocks of the con there wont be too much of an issue.

Offline princess_of_zeal

• Catgirl
Re: Something to keep in mind for cosplay
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2012, 06:06:51 pm »
I think the police will be a little more understanding if there is a large group of people in costume. This guy was by himself. Though that being said, if people wonder too far away from the con space they need to be considerate of others so this doesn't happen but I think if they are in a few blocks of the con there wont be too much of an issue.

Agreed.