Author Topic: Need help finishing my cosplay!  (Read 6187 times)

Offline shadoworganoid

• Catgirl
Need help finishing my cosplay!
« on: July 31, 2012, 01:08:44 pm »
Kumoricon quickly approaches. I have been, and still am planning to cosplay this time.

I'm planning to crossplay as Dark Signer Carly from Yugioh 5D's. (yeah, im a male)
http://static.zerochan.net/Carly.Nagisa.full.186987.jpg
I have the majority of the costume taken care of, but still need to take care of her sleeves/gloves (whatever you call them), her boots, and a wig.

I'm having difficulties with all 3 of these remaining pieces.
Like I said, time is short now.
So I come here seeking possible help.

Finding boots that look similar to her's is not hard per say, but good will does not really have much selection in that area. lol
For her boots, I seek advice as far as brand and/or specific boot names. Ebay is my friend I suppose in this case, but ONLY if i know what I should be looking for.

Similar idea with the wig. Her hair style is nothing fancy or unusual, so that helps, but I'm not sure what to do either. I do not know how to style a wig or I would just get a basic one.
Does anyone maybe have a wig that would work for this cosplay? Or would anyone be willing to commission it for me?

And lastly, the sleeves/gloves she wears. Again, this part should be simple, but my local good will hasn't had anything that would work. I'm a bit anal about some things, and cosplay is one of them. My main concern is having the open fingers like it is for her and making sure they go up the arm far enough. lol
Um, so yeah, again, if anyone can help me out, whether it be commissioning it for me or something else, that would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks for your time everyone.
Kumoricon 2014 Cosplay plans:

Kantai Collection Kongou Crossplay (Maybe)

Offline iBubbleTeax3

• Catgirl
Re: Need help finishing my cosplay!
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2012, 03:49:13 pm »
For the gloves, I remember Claires or Hot Topic selling them. Usually goes for around 5$-10$ though.
Most of the armwear goes up above the elbow, so I think that should go pretty well. In claires, I remembering seeing an armwear with open fingers and goes up above the elbow, the color was black.

Offline Titus_Love_Doll

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2012, 02:19:51 pm »
I can help styleing the wig ^^ if need be I charge $5 for cutting bangs and what not easy as pie >3

Offline TalaRedWolf33

• Bunnygirl
    • Full Moon Crochet
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2012, 06:52:44 pm »
Gah, apparently when I replied to this it didn't take lol stupid computer.

Okies, for the wig, look in the wig help thread for tips on styles and such of which would be best.

For the gloves, this may work for you. Its what I do to make cheap arm warmers. Take a pair of black tights and cut them the length you want, keeping the feeties on them. Stick your hand inside and snip out wround your fingers for the holes and presto! Instant arm warmers.

For the boots, I suggest geting a pair of shoes that match as close as possible, and then make some boot covers instead. You can put some wire in the top part to make and keep the pointed shape around your knees.

I hope this helps ^-^

Offline shadoworganoid

• Catgirl
« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2012, 08:35:30 pm »
Hmm, thanks for the replies guys.

Clair's didn't have anything that would work sadly. Oh well.

It got me thinking though, is it possible to get a pair of those long opera gloves or whatever, and just cut part of the fingers? Or would that not ruin the durability of them?
Kumoricon 2014 Cosplay plans:

Kantai Collection Kongou Crossplay (Maybe)