Author Topic: The best moment at KumoriCon 2005 was  (Read 3986 times)

Offline @random

• Bunnygirl
    • Google+
    • Cosplay.com account, dreadfully outdated
The best moment at KumoriCon 2005 was
« on: September 11, 2005, 08:38:21 pm »
When Chiyo-chan from Azumanga Daioh came up to give me a cookie she had baked... it was just TOO sweet for words! (especially if you've watched AZD)

It's already made it into my Top 10 list of happy memories. :~)
This is my serious voice. Otherwise, I'm just another anime fan, not a moderator.

Offline Neko_Chan

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2005, 08:42:09 pm »
:o Thoes cookies where really good tasting! THat CHiyo was soo cute. xD And I got to hug Chiyo-chchi.

Hmmm...
Kissing Bakazoku Chris on the Cheek... Meeting everyone from the Forums, Doing EVERYTHING with Pocky Club (Panel, Conga Line, Glomping, Recruiting), and... everything. x-x Omg. I have like nothing to complain about it was the best 3 days of my entire 14 years on this earth.

Offline Dark_Lady_Kassendra

• Sailor Scout
    • http://www.geocities.com/darkladykassendra.html
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2005, 08:50:59 pm »
Watching Bakazoku Chris in the comedy hypnosis show along with the other deeply involved participants!!! Go go, mega otaku!!! (girly voice!!!)
Jerimiah of Bakazoku Fangirl- (yes, we're even engaged!!!! ^.^ we consumated our love with a Beef Crunch Wrap Supream and a hot sauce packet that asked him to marry me ^.^)

Goggle Squad Fangirl- also so dubbed by Waffles

Offline TomtheFanboy

• Bunnygirl
    • Twitter
    • Kumoricon Archives
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2005, 09:57:47 pm »
All my moments are really just personal greats. Can't think of many that'd be as good for others....

Coming into the Pocky Club panel and finding that we were packed with people! Most of them complete strangers! Pocky Club worked out just as well as I'd hoped and exceeded some of our expectations!

I also was ecstatic about how well our skit, the whole skit, went. Sure we won for best punchline but I'm thankful for each one of my group members. Especially Negima!
Tom the Fanboy
Passion over Pedantry!
Pocky Club President 2005-2010

Offline Thejew

• Chibi
« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2005, 10:38:58 pm »
Mine was when I got a big glomp from Faye^^ *glompples*

Offline Negima

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2005, 11:33:57 pm »
Quote from: "TomtheFanboy"
I also was ecstatic about how well our skit, the whole skit, went. Sure we won for best punchline but I'm thankful for each one of my group members. Especially Negima!

YES!!!!!!!   :D  :D  :D  :D  :D
Sorry, that brought a smile to my face.  I still can't believe that most of us went up on stage for the first time and we all did so well.

Best moments for me were having people recognize my Lupin costume (compared to last year's "Who are you?" "I'm Seta." "Who?"), doing the skit with everyone, submiting my manga for the contest, meeting online friends, and seeing friends who I haven't seen or hung out with since before I went to Japan.

Offline mightycrouton

• Sailor Scout
    • http://myspace.com/jolivet
« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2005, 01:14:17 am »
The Dating Show.

When Irvine switched seats with I-no, and Slayer's reply as he the 'Third' contestant walked out
"....Wait... Wait did you guys switch...!?!?"

His reaction was hilarious.

Offline Neko_Chan

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #7 on: September 12, 2005, 07:17:58 am »
Quote from: "mightycrouton"
The Dating Show.

When Irvine switched seats with I-no, and Slayer's reply as he the 'Third' contestant walked out
"....Wait... Wait did you guys switch...!?!?"

His reaction was hilarious.
I acctualy pointed at the screen and yelled "THAT WAS GREAT!"
>_< Nedless to say, I got weird stares from my parents...
That was /really/ funny though. omg. x-x His expression was like "o_o!!!".

Offline RemSaverem

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #8 on: September 12, 2005, 11:33:30 am »
watching "the all-purpose yaoi naruto fanfic" acted out by a 9-person cosplay troupe at fanfiction theatre in fanfic bedtime stories! absolutely the most hilarious thing i've experienced at any of the 5 cons i've attended!
thanks to all those actors, and especially the fic's authors, matt and shen!
Ellen. 2003: Fanfic panelist & contest judge.
2004: Beta Station Coord. 2005: Fan Creation Station Coord.;pre-event assistant to the con chair.2006: Fanfic Mgr/C.S. Coord.
2007, 8, 9, 10: Fan Creation Manager. 2011: Writing & Editing Coord (Publicity).

Offline the_wind_the_sea

• Catgirl
« Reply #9 on: September 13, 2005, 09:44:30 am »
Last year at this time I would have said the Fanfic contest.

This year it would have to be when I was dressed as Duo Maxwell and I got glomped to the ground. That was great.

Though Fanfic was great, it didn't hold the same amount of specialness that it did last year. It seemed that something was missing this year. I'm not sure what it was. I guess that it seemed that people didn't care. Lack of planning on people's parts and just overall, no one showed up. No one semed to care. I hated that. I put so much time into everything that I did for Fanfic, and it seemed to go down the drain. I just wish that some how we could repeat Fanfic 2004 again.

Sixteen Year Kumoricon Veteran
Kumoricon'19 Plans-
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Offline Hermisia_kitty

• Sailor Scout
    • http://www.imdb.com/name/nm1433551/
« Reply #10 on: September 13, 2005, 12:34:43 pm »
Quote from: "RemSaverem"
watching "the all-purpose yaoi naruto fanfic" acted out by a 9-person cosplay troupe at fanfiction theatre in fanfic bedtime stories! absolutely the most hilarious thing i've experienced at any of the 5 cons i've attended!
thanks to all those actors, and especially the fic's authors, matt and shen!

That sounds amazing!  You wouldn't happen to have a script of that laying around (Or know the author's FF.net name) would you?
Olivia:
A devoted Yojimbo,
Writer of Goggleslash,
Muncher of Pocky,
Tottaly sucks at not getting kidnaped

Offline BlackjackGabbiani

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #11 on: September 13, 2005, 06:49:07 pm »
Quote from: "the_wind_the_sea"

Though Fanfic was great, it didn't hold the same amount of specialness that it did last year. It seemed that something was missing this year. I'm not sure what it was. I guess that it seemed that people didn't care. Lack of planning on people's parts and just overall, no one showed up. No one semed to care. I hated that. I put so much time into everything that I did for Fanfic, and it seemed to go down the drain. I just wish that some how we could repeat Fanfic 2004 again.

I think most of the people who were involved in bringing it about cared (save for the people who said they would be there but weren't), but as far as attendence, it was like "So what's this?", like they'd forgotten completely about last year.