Author Topic: First time at Kumoricon  (Read 3369 times)

Offline iSmellMusic

• Cabbit
    • iSmellMusic's Blog
First time at Kumoricon
« on: July 28, 2012, 09:20:40 pm »
This is my first time going to Kumoricon and since I'm a minor I won't be staying at a hotel, so I was wondering what time I should come to the convention every day?  And what would you people recommend for first time con-goers? ^^

Offline Spontaneous

• Sailor Scout
    • My Deviantart
Re: First time at Kumoricon
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2012, 09:30:55 pm »
Well, it depends on a couple of things.

1. Did you pre-register?
2. Are you going to the convention more for the panels, or just to experience the atmosphere in general?

If you didn't pre-register yet, I highly recommend you do. The first time I went to Kumoricon about six years ago, I didn't pre-register and I had to wait in line for abut 5 hours. Not a pleasant experience.

Usually, me and my friends like to get there early, just to get pumped up by the atmosphere, even though the opening ceremonies don't start until 10 am or so. We just like to hang out, walk around, get to know the area, that kind of thing.
Day 1: Natalia Lanvaldear
Day 2: Mikasa Ackerman
Day 3: Maya Fey

tumblr
deviantart

Offline nikkiolie

• It's over nine THOUSAND!!!!!
    • Facebook
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2012, 09:45:58 pm »
I would suggest pre-registering and then you can pick up your badge on Friday, usually 3 or 4 ish. As for time to show up at the cons I like to get there early like 8 ish though not too much is going on. Usually I am too excited to sleep. As for panels and what not, they don't usually start till about 10 or later.

Basically the post above me.

Offline DSaturn

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2012, 11:57:40 pm »
The first year I went, I didn't stay at a the hotel either, and took the max in every day... Personally, I think it depends on what is scheduled for the day. Even if nothing was going on, the latest I showed up each day was between 9 and 10. There is a lot that goes on, even when it's not an official event, so if you don't want to miss those either, it's important to pay attention to the forums and listen in when other people are talking about stuff that's going on.
Kumoricon 2013 The Phoenix Down Slackers will be cosplaying:

Offline TalaRedWolf33

• Bunnygirl
    • Full Moon Crochet
« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2012, 11:01:32 am »
The first time I went, I got there at like 7am lol woke up at 4am to get my cosplay on
If you pre reg, than I would say as early as you can stand getting there. I'm up at 7am all the time on weekends, so its no problem for me, but my boyfriend isn't used to that so last year we ended up getting there at noon and missintg everything I wanted to see.
The thingt is, since you aren't staying at the hotel, how are you gettint to and from con?

Offline CaptnPoptart

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2012, 04:58:17 pm »
I first started going to anime cons at Kumoricon 2009. I pre-registered and the line went through MUCH faster than the registration (from what I saw, registration was LOONG. Pre-registration was that long, but went by faster), so I recommend pre-registering before the deadline (August 15th)

Going to anime cons at a certain time depends. People usually go early in the morning on the first day, so they're guaranteed to get their badge, but I usually get there a half hour to an hour after Will-Call/Pre-Registration is open, when the line isn't AS long as it is in the morning. Or, on Day 0, you can pick up your badge, then go about your day the next day without worries. I usually don't, since it saves us a day at a hotel (we try to get the best hotel that is affordable and great)

Also, MOST anime conventions (like Kumoricon! c: ) post an online schedule before the con starts, so you will be able to plan before-hand on what events/panels you want to attend. I always pay attention to the forum/site updates that will effect the convention, like guest updates, schedule updates, times, etc.
Good News and Bad News.
Bad news is I can't go to Kumoricon the whole weekend because of costs and drivers ed.

GOOD NEWS is that if I can raise enough money I can go for Saturday all day as Espurr (Pokemon X/Y)
Hope to see you all then! <3

Offline narutofreak1

• Oni
first time at kumoricon
« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2012, 12:10:12 am »
hello it will be my first time at kumoricon and i was really curious what panels should i go to i like naruto bleach dragonball one peice

Offline iSmellMusic

• Cabbit
    • iSmellMusic's Blog
« Reply #7 on: July 30, 2012, 12:34:48 am »
I pre registered two nights ago, and each day I'm getting a ride from my dad.  So, I'll try to be there around 9 or 10, gotta find out how long it takes to get my cosplay on whenever I get the rest of my costume Dx

Offline TalaRedWolf33

• Bunnygirl
    • Full Moon Crochet
« Reply #8 on: July 30, 2012, 09:51:35 am »
You should do a test run! I do them all the time.
Just get up, shower and get yourself ready and time yourself on how long it takes for you to do everything. (My best time is 45 minutes lol)
Where do you live? I know when I lived in Tualatin it took me roughly 30 minutes to get into vancouver when my dad drove. When I took public transit, it took a little under three hours to get from Tualatin to Vancouver. (Before the wes rail thing)

Offline iSmellMusic

• Cabbit
    • iSmellMusic's Blog
« Reply #9 on: July 30, 2012, 02:32:30 pm »
I live in Vancouver, so it shouldn't be a problem for me.  And I'll just shower at night to have some extra time in the morning xD
And my cosplay takes like 20 minutes to put on, just got it today and it looks fantastic ;D

Offline TalaRedWolf33

• Bunnygirl
    • Full Moon Crochet
« Reply #10 on: July 30, 2012, 03:45:41 pm »
Awesome! I live in vancouver too lol
Where about do you live? I takes me five minutes o get to the hotel from where I live, if I take the 37 Hw99.

Offline superjaz

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #11 on: July 30, 2012, 04:34:49 pm »
how do you plan on carry'in things?  Say you see this awesome thing, what are you gonna carry it in in such a way you dont lose it, yet not detract from your awesome costume.
if you dont want a back pack
I recomend one of these

because string staps can't be seen from the front and if you don't need they can fold up in your pocket,
superjaz, that is jaz with one z count'um ONE z!
Proud mom of 2 awesome kids

Offline iSmellMusic

• Cabbit
    • iSmellMusic's Blog
« Reply #12 on: July 30, 2012, 05:14:30 pm »
I'll probably get one of those.  If not, I have another small bag I can carry a few things in ^^

And Tala, I live in the Salmon Creek area, so getting to the hotel won't take long at all for me ;D