Author Topic: Im a little discouraged  (Read 2231 times)

Offline Len-chan

• Sailor Scout
Im a little discouraged
« on: May 22, 2012, 02:28:42 pm »
Well this year will be my first year cosplaying i chose to cosplay as len kagamine because music is the passion of my life i DJ in my spare time and i even create music using various programs so i figured what better character than len for me so i have spent the time making my costume and then I was talking to some people on a few forums about cosplaying and things and things like " len is a good choice for a first timer because his costume is so easy" or by the trolls "great another len cosplayer"  i know i should not let it get to me but its just discouraging with how much i have worked on my outfit and everything I have even been learning how to set up sound activated LED equalizers for my sleeves 

So i guess the point of this post may be to get a little encouragement anway this is what my outfit looks like so far and yes thats a 3 foot tall banana
1st year Kumoricon already loving the community

Offline kittyhumaniod

• Cabbit
Re: Im a little discouraged
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2012, 02:37:18 pm »
Cosplay is done mainly for your own enjoyment, its a bonus if other people like.  Last year I was a pink bunny plushie (not the playboy type XD) and regardless of how awkward I looked, I still loved it, and was very happy with my work.  You are awesome though, especially because you LED's going...I couldn't even make bunny head. Also nothing is better than 3 ft. bandana.   ;D  I think you'll make fine Len! 

Offline CloudStrife32

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook, yo!
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2012, 05:39:33 pm »
For a first time cosplayer, you're cosplay is pretty much spot on. As for what others have to say, you shouldn't really listen to them, unless they're giving you productive criticism or something along those lines. Compliments are even better. The fact you're going to wire in some working LED's for the sleeves, will make you stand out from most Len cosplayers, so there's a plus. Just keep up the good work. Not everyone on the internet is going to say nice things, but these kind of things happen. Good luck on your Len cosplay!
~Sakuracon '13~
Leon S. Kennedy [Resident Evil 6]
Paperman [Paperman]

Offline Wrath-Chan19

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2012, 01:56:11 pm »
I will have to hunt you down because I'm loving your costume so far

I'm done so many "bad" cosplays but I don't care. You do it because it's fun. And hte world needs more Lens. When I was Rin I was lacking a Len because all the ones were taken!
I rarely get on here anymore, if you want to chat hit me up on Cosplay.com. I my username is Loveable-Eve

Offline Len-chan

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2012, 04:02:34 pm »
Ty everyone :) I again feel encouraged about my outfit ^.^ now i just need to figure out how to read alien AKA electrical blueprints...

okay so im now in need of a little help i figured out how to speak alien and do all the mathematics here is what i have made so far How ever.... it seems i have gotten ahead of my self ... i forgot how strong LED lights are if you look directly at them ...... i dont want to be walking around the con blinding people when i move my arms ...... so alas i get to my point i am looking for a semi see through material .... but it has to be ...cloudy enough that the LEDs dont blind people through it ... if anyone can think of anything please let me know!

I found out what i could use :D
« Last Edit: May 24, 2012, 03:52:03 pm by Len-chan »

Offline Runa

• Catgirl
« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2012, 02:55:15 pm »
Try a lower voltage power source, or put a few resistors into the circuit. That should dim the LEDs a bit.

Also, make sure the LEDs are pointing down toward your toes - that way they won't be aimed toward people's eyes most of the time.

Offline Len-chan

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2012, 07:21:59 pm »
Unfortunately the LEDs shine only one way and i have them in the sleeves how ever i did find a semi see through plastic sheet that i can use as a panel cover :D so the light can only shine onto the plastic and not through it so that has been resolved no one can be blinded ^.^ now is just the matter of putting them into my already made sleeves .... hindsight is always 20/20 lol ty for the advice ill post a pic when they are done so you can see ^.^

Offline LadyFiede

• Sailor Scout
    • FB
« Reply #7 on: May 27, 2012, 02:33:29 am »
Man, putting LEDs in a costume has been one of my dreams for a while now, but I have no clue how to do it. :P  I don't know your character, but that costume looks really nice.  Anything LEDs is just gonna add to the effect, you can't go wrong with those!

Offline Len-chan

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #8 on: May 27, 2012, 11:00:26 am »
If ever want i can give you a crash course in OHMs law or i could do the math for you if youd like just tell me how many leds you want in a string what volt battery you plan on using to supply the power and ill let you know what resisters and how your LEDs need to be attached to them dependent upon your design

Offline Titus_Love_Doll

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #9 on: May 27, 2012, 12:59:03 pm »
OMg i wannah pinch your cheeks and take you home D: i cosplay akaito shion >< so will kidnapp you

Offline Len-chan

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #10 on: May 27, 2012, 09:08:34 pm »
hehe ty everyone :D i greatly appreciate the encouragement ^.^ im making some changes to my outfit after some encouragement im making my 3 foot tall banana into a 3ft tall banana plushie backpack ^.^ because i failed to show pockets into my shorts...... :D

Offline Titus_Love_Doll

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #11 on: May 27, 2012, 10:26:02 pm »
i have a 6ft >> pokemon furret plushi :P

Offline Haru Hanson

• Cabbit
    • RMD
« Reply #12 on: July 24, 2012, 01:47:10 pm »
Not to worry! This is my 3rd year at the KumoriCon cosplaying and I'll be going as Len! xD Anyways, from what you have I'm sure you'll look great. And for those trolls they probably don't like Vocaloid or something because Len cosplayers are always awesome! (I hope I run into you there!)
2014 cosplay list:
Sweet Guro Lolita Twin - 60% finished
Hunny Senpai (OHSHC) - 100% finished
MonoKuma (Dangan Ronpa) - 100% finished
Nagisa (Free!) - ?? finished

Offline CLAP_attack

• Bunnygirl
    • Deviant Art
« Reply #13 on: July 24, 2012, 01:49:35 pm »
people can be trolls.
I Say ;

cosplay whoever you want ! if you have fun then go for it :3
kcon plans 2013 ' plans ;

Minato Arisato - P3 ( 50% )
Renzou Shima - AnE ( 0% )
Finny in wonderland - Kuroshitsuji ( 0% )

Offline nyahaha

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #14 on: July 24, 2012, 08:14:08 pm »
If you still need to dim the lights a bit, you could try sanding them. I had to do that for my robot's eyes and it helps quite a bit. First use a rough paper (like 80), then a finer one (like 220).
check out my facebook page!! www.facebook.com/macnleecosplay