Author Topic: Amon Mask Help (Legend of Korra)  (Read 1140 times)

Offline hawk222

• Chibi
    • Hawk222's tumblr
Amon Mask Help (Legend of Korra)
« on: July 21, 2012, 02:58:57 pm »
So, after watching the entire first season of Avatar: The Legend of Korra, I really, really, reeeeeally want to cosplay Amon now! The outfit is something that I'll need some help with, but I have some local friends who should be able to help with that. The big problem is, as you could probably tell from the thread title, Amon's mask.
I'm not a mask-maker, and I don't know anyone else who is. I'm just hoping to get some kind of help figuring out how to make a really good mask for this cosplay, or maybe find someone I can commission to make it for me. I'm trying to actually make my cosplays as opposed to buying them, but I might have to ease into it...

Offline DSaturn

• Sailor Scout
Re: Amon Mask Help (Legend of Korra)
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2012, 11:39:19 am »
Depending on how much time you want to spend on it, there are a couple options I would recommend. Personally, I'm a paper mache fan. Old school with paper, water+flour, and a head sized balloon. Then the only thing really is to shape it and sand it once you pile on your layers and let it dry, and then painting over that. Micheal's also sells mask bases that you can use as a starting point to decorate on to in order to make it look how you need it. If you don't think you are up to doing it completely from scratch, but still want to hand-make it, this would be the better option.
Kumoricon 2013 The Phoenix Down Slackers will be cosplaying: