Author Topic: No Love for the Wandering Samurai?  (Read 3154 times)

Offline Dark_Lady_Kassendra

• Sailor Scout
    • http://www.geocities.com/darkladykassendra.html
No Love for the Wandering Samurai?
« on: September 10, 2005, 08:38:05 pm »
Now, before I begin my rant let me clearify that this was my first con ever, but.... where were all the Rurouni Kenshin cosplayers? There are so many great characters in that series, you'd think there would be more than just your random few Kenshins walking around. I wanted to cosplay as Misao this year, but a few things stopped me, money and time being the biggest thing. And also I thought, 'well everyone's gonna be doing Kenshin' and I wanted something orignal, so I was gonna cosplay as my online rpg character, but again, time and money. Next year I'm gonna do it!! I will be Misao-dono!!! So, anyone wanna get a group together? I'd love it! We have a whole year to work on this, and if we get some talented people (I know all of you are!!) perhaps doing a cosplay for competition! If completely and totatly interested, contact me using any one of the methods in my profile!! I hope I get some responses on this, but I won't hate you for hating my Kenshin-sama!!! ^.^
Jerimiah of Bakazoku Fangirl- (yes, we're even engaged!!!! ^.^ we consumated our love with a Beef Crunch Wrap Supream and a hot sauce packet that asked him to marry me ^.^)

Goggle Squad Fangirl- also so dubbed by Waffles

Offline Trumby

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2005, 09:23:31 pm »
Didn't you see the Sano!? I also saw a few Kenshins around, though like you're saying, not as many as you would think.

I have a lot of characters in my mind for next year or Sakura-con that I am thinking about, one might be a Sano.
2011 New Cosplay Plans: Boba Fett, Hoshi (Arakawa Under the Bridge), Malcolm Reynolds

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2005, 06:01:57 pm »
OMG! Yes, I forgot about that Sano!! I'm terribly sorry Mr. Sano if you're out there!!! But I still hold to my cause. There are so many great characters in this series, so many infinate possiblities!! I'm glad that I'm not the only one who loves the red headed samurai, so now, lets all show our support! ^.^
Jerimiah of Bakazoku Fangirl- (yes, we're even engaged!!!! ^.^ we consumated our love with a Beef Crunch Wrap Supream and a hot sauce packet that asked him to marry me ^.^)

Offline tarock

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2005, 07:56:42 pm »
woohoo
Kenshin rocks.
Im all for it.
0.o
but as far as a competition goes....
I think someone said I couldn't becasue I didnt make my costume.  Whihc seems really wonky.  but I would need to check on it.  Because if that is the case,  then I am out of any cosplay competitions.

tarock

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2005, 09:46:41 pm »
Even if we can't do cosplay competitions, we can at least get a group and go trouncing around the con IC. It'll be fun. I'm gonna make my Misao costume cause I don't think there is any chance of like finding it on Ebay or somthing, lol. I'm also making a costume for my lil bro who's gonna go next year. He wants to be Son Goku from Saiyuki, but I might try and bribe him into doing Yahiko for a day or something. ^.^

Offline Waffles

• Bunnygirl
    • http://myspace.com/skelewhore
« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2005, 08:59:45 am »
i give props to anybody who dresses up for a con its a fun thing that i havent done cause my first con a wek before the con started my friend asked me if i wanted to go so i went and this years con i just well forgot hehe! :roll:
Good, Bad,  i'm the guy with the gun.

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2005, 01:09:07 pm »
That's ok, waffles, we still love you!!! *glomps waffles* Besides, the goggle squad has became an entity in and of itself, soon we'll have peeps cosplaying as you guys especially after Tom does his fanfic Battle Con Kumori: 2055!! It looks awesome! ^.^