Author Topic: 2012 Fanfiction Contest  (Read 4735 times)

Offline Jamiche

• Bunnygirl
2012 Fanfiction Contest
« on: July 07, 2012, 02:03:37 am »
The rules for the fanfiction contest can be found here: Fanfiction Contest Rules

Please read the rules for all requirements for submittals.  All long entries (greater than 10,000 words) must be submitted by August 16 to fanfiction@kumoricon.org.  All other entries will be accepted until midnight, September 1st (Saturday night), and can be submitted via email or to the Programming office at con.

If you have any questions, please post here or email fanfiction@kumoricon.org.
2015-2016 Director of Programming
2014 Assistant Director of Programming
2008-2013 Director of Programming
2007 Tech Manager & Video Room Coordinator, Manga Library & Cosplay Chess
2006 Video Room & Karaoke Manager
2005 Video Room Coordinator

Offline RemSaverem

• Bunnygirl
Re: 2012 Fanfiction Contest
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2012, 09:03:04 am »
Good luck, everyone!
I'm so excited that there is a contest this year, and I am glad that the tradition of accepting fics at con is continuing. We initially started that option so that folks composing their fics during panels at the Beta Station/Creation Station, and/or folks who became inspired by any panels therein to feel comfortable to share their work for the first time, would have the opportunity to do so.

Have fun! :D YAY!
Ellen. 2003: Fanfic panelist & contest judge.
2004: Beta Station Coord. 2005: Fan Creation Station Coord.;pre-event assistant to the con chair.2006: Fanfic Mgr/C.S. Coord.
2007, 8, 9, 10: Fan Creation Manager. 2011: Writing & Editing Coord (Publicity).

Offline FilkAeris

• Chibi
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2012, 02:18:08 am »
Excellent!   ;D

I do have one quick question. Is Homestuck eligible as a fandom for this contest?  If not, I understand completely and will submit works for other fandoms - I just wanted to check, since there's a lot of fan demographic overlap, and most of my recent writing has been for that comic.

KUMORICON 2014: BEST. CON. EVER! LET'S DO IT ALL AGAIN IN 2015!

Offline Jamiche

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2012, 11:44:12 pm »
Excellent!   ;D

I do have one quick question. Is Homestuck eligible as a fandom for this contest?  If not, I understand completely and will submit works for other fandoms - I just wanted to check, since there's a lot of fan demographic overlap, and most of my recent writing has been for that comic.

Not on it's own, but in a crossover it would be acceptable.  I realize that there is a lot of fan overlap, but for the contest we are going to restrict it to
"anime, manga, Japanese video game, or Japanese musical group."

Thanks for your understanding :)
2015-2016 Director of Programming
2014 Assistant Director of Programming
2008-2013 Director of Programming
2007 Tech Manager & Video Room Coordinator, Manga Library & Cosplay Chess
2006 Video Room & Karaoke Manager
2005 Video Room Coordinator

Offline 9LRCenturion

• Sailor Scout
    • deviantArt
« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2012, 12:12:57 am »
What's the limit on stories? I know that with the AMV contest, you're allowed an allotted amount for the different categories. What's the rules with fanfiction?
2012 Cosplay: Pirate!Spain, Kyouya Ootori

Offline FilkAeris

• Chibi
« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2012, 12:35:39 am »
Excellent!   ;D

Not on it's own, but in a crossover it would be acceptable.  I realize that there is a lot of fan overlap, but for the contest we are going to restrict it to
"anime, manga, Japanese video game, or Japanese musical group."

Thanks for your understanding :)

No problem!   ;)  Like I said, just checking.  I've got a few works in the allowed categories that should be just fine.

KUMORICON 2014: BEST. CON. EVER! LET'S DO IT ALL AGAIN IN 2015!