Author Topic: Any 21+ attending the convention this year?  (Read 20204 times)

Offline princessmoon

• Catgirl
    • Instagram: 10g10k
Re: Any 21+ attending the convention this year?
« Reply #50 on: August 04, 2012, 01:45:22 pm »
25 Years old and thinking of attending.

With me I don't know yet if my work schedule may allow it, so I may end up waiting till the last day to pre-register.

It could be the case with a lot of us who are older and have jobs. Don't always know if we can make it so we don't.

My work allows time off requests up to 6 months in advance. I've been asking for labor day weekend off pretty early these last few years :) You should think more on attending. It's so much fun!
And so it begins...

Offline KaibaTrinity

• Cabbit
« Reply #51 on: August 05, 2012, 03:36:39 pm »
25 Years old and thinking of attending.

With me I don't know yet if my work schedule may allow it, so I may end up waiting till the last day to pre-register.

It could be the case with a lot of us who are older and have jobs. Don't always know if we can make it so we don't.

My work allows time off requests up to 6 months in advance. I've been asking for labor day weekend off pretty early these last few years :) You should think more on attending. It's so much fun!

I ask for all my time off for Kcon, Scon & Akicon right after new years. And they have always approved it, that why I have all the time I need to save my vacation time.

Offline Himura Kenshin

• Sailor Scout
    • Facebook
    • Google+
« Reply #52 on: August 07, 2012, 07:05:06 pm »
I'm 24, and I'll be there. :3

Current Cosplay:
-Sebastian Michaelis (Kuroshitsuji/Black Butler)

Possible Future Cosplay Plans:
-Castiel (Supernatural)
-Assassin Link

Offline jessieku

• Cabbit
« Reply #53 on: August 07, 2012, 11:41:03 pm »
I'm 25, and will be going to con barring any unforeseen circumstances. 

Offline Negaskun

• Oni
« Reply #54 on: August 08, 2012, 03:24:34 pm »
My wife and I are over 30 and attending with the little kids. We've gone to cons together since we have been married. This year will be our first time at Kumoricon.

Offline EveofAbyss

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #55 on: August 08, 2012, 03:57:16 pm »
Welcome to Kumoricon, Negaskun and wife! Glad to have you in the community. ^_^

Buy my book of poems!
Lord Otaku commands you!

Offline sk_chan

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
    • Rekkazor (Rekka's Cosplay Page)
« Reply #56 on: August 14, 2012, 01:04:05 pm »
22, and have been going to cons since I was 14 or so. I feel a little strange now, since I see my younger self in younger con goers, but I still try to have fun and enjoy panels/events, the dealer's room and cosplay. I've thought about giving up on cosplay before, but every hiatus brings me back to it. I just can't let it go. In the same way, I can't let cons go, either.
KUMORICON 2015 COSPLAYS!

Kageyama (Haikyuu!)
Tuxedo Mask (Sailor Moon)
Karma (AssClass)
Ryuuko ep. 1 ver. (KLK)
Others...

Offline princessmoon

• Catgirl
« Reply #57 on: August 17, 2012, 01:28:45 pm »
22, and have been going to cons since I was 14 or so. I feel a little strange now, since I see my younger self in younger con goers, but I still try to have fun and enjoy panels/events, the dealer's room and cosplay. I've thought about giving up on cosplay before, but every hiatus brings me back to it. I just can't let it go. In the same way, I can't let cons go, either.

I know exactly what you mean! I often wonder when I'd stop attending cons, but I don't think it will happen anytime soon--the thrill of finishing cosplays, the fabulous events, or the anticipation of con itself. I've been attending during my youngin' days, post college, and even now, as a member of the working society. ;) Its just too much fun to give up. I say, just enjoy! :3

And so it begins...

Offline acton

• Sailor Scout
    • Acton's Hermitage
« Reply #58 on: August 17, 2012, 10:26:31 pm »
I around for the older folks just look for  crazy old guy with a  27in Hello Kitty plush.

Oh yes I host the Otaku over 25 panel it more of a chance for the older fans to get tot together. It was originally otaku over 30, but unlike us gremuzzles (furries over  30) it seems the age one become the odd attendee out is much younger. in the Anime fandom.

I would like to expand it out dinner or breakfast at the  Red Lion? I available for most part for dinner rand Monday morning for breakfast.

Offline Lylandra76

• Cabbit
« Reply #59 on: August 18, 2012, 06:50:31 pm »

I know exactly what you mean! I often wonder when I'd stop attending cons, but I don't think it will happen anytime soon--the thrill of finishing cosplays, the fabulous events, or the anticipation of con itself. I've been attending during my youngin' days, post college, and even now, as a member of the working society. ;) Its just too much fun to give up. I say, just enjoy! :3

I only just started going to cons (Sakuracon2010) and love it!  8) I am well over 21 and don't care. I will stop going to cons when I die and stop cosplaying when I can no longer make my own costumes, maybe! I have way to much fun at these things every year to stop. My son and daughter have been begging me to take them to a con. I have found that volunteering/working the con is the best way to enjoy it. But I think I might be a little masakistic.  ::)

Offline princessmoon

• Catgirl
« Reply #60 on: August 19, 2012, 11:15:40 am »
I only just started going to cons (Sakuracon2010) and love it!  8) I am well over 21 and don't care. I will stop going to cons when I die and stop cosplaying when I can no longer make my own costumes, maybe! I have way to much fun at these things every year to stop. My son and daughter have been begging me to take them to a con. I have found that volunteering/working the con is the best way to enjoy it. But I think I might be a little masakistic.  ::)

Aww, welcome to the convention-going fandom! ;)  I've thought about volunteering for next year, if I can get things in order career-wise. I'm sure your kiddos would love you even more if you let them attend! :D
And so it begins...

Offline DancingTofu

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #61 on: August 20, 2012, 06:24:41 am »
This year marks my first Kumoricon where I'll be of legal drinking age.  I think I'll probably be working closing shifts on Sat/Sun though so I'll have to get my drinking out of the way on day 0 unless someone wants to meet up Monday after the con's over and go for a post-con bar crawl or something.
moderators gonna moderate </shrug>

Offline Bresslol

• Catgirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #62 on: August 20, 2012, 03:33:34 pm »
Just turned 29, and I run at least one or two 18+ panels per con.

Like Conventional Improv on Facebook!

Offline Swift

• Oni
« Reply #63 on: August 20, 2012, 04:54:10 pm »
I'm 21 this year.
Speeding by I make no sound,
Running above the shaken ground.
Seeing the hallow world collide,
My heart breaking deep inside.

Swift, The Flying_Shadow~

Offline Animeman73

• Catgirl
« Reply #64 on: August 21, 2012, 06:33:12 pm »
Last year was the first Kumoricon I had been able to attend and even though I enjoyed it I felt a little out of place at times.  It seemed like everyone besides my two friends and some of the staffers I hung out with were a lot younger.  Just curious to those of you around my age if you came with people already or were able to meet people closer to your age at the Con.  I'm 25 years old BTW.  Just curious about what other peoples thoughts are about this.  Anyways hopefully I can convince my friends to go again this year :)

I'm probably older than a lot of the folks who go to Kumoricon I'm 38 myself.
One cannot truly live life without having a sense of honor.

Offline Kimiski

• Bunnygirl
    • Kimiski's Artwork
« Reply #65 on: August 27, 2012, 12:14:46 am »
The year I was finally 21 (last year) was the year that the sake panel went *POOF* !!! I was so sad!!! =(

So I AM going this year!!!! @___@ !!!
« Last Edit: August 27, 2012, 12:15:18 am by Kimiski »

Attendee since: 2004
Volunteer since: 2010
Staffer since: 2012

Offline mizushimo

• Cabbit
« Reply #66 on: August 29, 2012, 01:50:14 pm »
I turned 30 this year, it makes me sad. It would be nice to find some older peeps to talk to during the con.

Offline JChaos

• Oni
« Reply #67 on: August 29, 2012, 02:08:11 pm »
Feeling old is a terrible thing. That said, it happens to all of us.

29, and this'll be my first K-Con. Looking forward to seeing every there, I've heard great things about the event.

Offline Rurutie8

• Cabbit
« Reply #68 on: August 29, 2012, 09:54:37 pm »
I am 49 and I have been an anime fan ever since I turned 44.

Offline LovelyAngel

• Cabbit
    • Dark Shiny Object
« Reply #69 on: August 30, 2012, 02:40:48 am »
Heh. This is the 21st year I've been attending anime conventions. (My first con was the first Anime Expo in 1992.) And I didn't start attending cons until I was in my 30s.

Offline princess_of_zeal

• Catgirl
« Reply #70 on: August 30, 2012, 08:21:31 am »
I turned 30 this year, it makes me sad. It would be nice to find some older peeps to talk to during the con.

Don't let turning 30 make you sad.  I'm 28 and my friends are around that age too.

Offline superjaz

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #71 on: August 30, 2012, 09:12:51 am »

Don't let turning 30 make you sad.  I'm 28 and my friends are around that age too.

I am turning 30 on monday, been spending my birthday at con for the last 9 years ( sorta 10 I was at the first one  thanksgiving weekend, but I did use my birthday present to be able to go)
 but 3 is my lucky number so I am thinking the next 10 years are going to be lucky!

time flies, tho huh?  This will be the first con of da da da!

mighty max! my son
superjaz, that is jaz with one z count'um ONE z!
Proud mom of 2 awesome kids

Offline princess_of_zeal

• Catgirl
« Reply #72 on: August 30, 2012, 09:56:35 am »
My first con was in 2010 so I'm a fairly new con-goer.  Happy early b-day!  I'm sure your son will have a good time. I plan to bring my nieces to a con at some point.  Both have expressed interest in going.  (The younger one is almost 5 and the older one is 6)

Offline makichan

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #73 on: August 30, 2012, 02:56:50 pm »
I'm 23 and I've been going to cons since 2004. The 21+ crowd is definitely there, you just have to talk to people and build connections. C:
"I like the way you fire that gun."
"Thanks. I like the way you take a bullet."

Offline Animeman73

• Catgirl
« Reply #74 on: August 30, 2012, 06:09:13 pm »
A premptive b-day strike on you Jaz.

Happy Birthday to you,
Happy Birthday to you.
Happy Birthday dear Jaz,
Happy Birthday to you.

:)

Offline Naitron

• Cabbit
    • Facebook
« Reply #75 on: September 07, 2012, 12:46:04 am »
I ended up being on Staff and I think I actually met a few of you that were on staff as well :)  Good thing because my friends didn't come with me this year!

Offline Black~Rose

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
« Reply #76 on: September 07, 2012, 03:38:24 am »
I'm 20 ^o^ But I'm well aware of the fact that I look pretty much 16 lol I will be 21 for Kumoricon 2013

Offline Naitron

• Cabbit
    • Facebook
« Reply #77 on: September 07, 2012, 02:49:19 pm »
I'm 20 ^o^ But I'm well aware of the fact that I look pretty much 16 lol I will be 21 for Kumoricon 2013

Hahah I did see you around and yes I thought you were 16 or younger.  Very nice job with the cosplay btw!
« Last Edit: September 07, 2012, 02:50:05 pm by Naitron »

Offline Black~Rose

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
« Reply #78 on: September 07, 2012, 03:00:20 pm »

Hahah I did see you around and yes I thought you were 16 or younger.  Very nice job with the cosplay btw!

XD thank you. I'm used to it. Unfortunately it kinda hinders me when I wanna meet more people my age because the high schoolers all think I'm their age so they talk to me and the adults think I'm a 16 year old so they avoid it sometimes too XD

Offline Animeman73

• Catgirl
« Reply #79 on: September 07, 2012, 07:33:10 pm »
Might I recommend for next year we have an evening panel? Besides Otaku 25 and older where we can get together? An evening panel where the grown-ups can be grown ups would be nice. Not that there's anything wrong with acting lieka  spazzy kid at the convention.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2012, 07:54:40 pm by Animeman73 »

Offline Black~Rose

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
« Reply #80 on: September 07, 2012, 08:21:25 pm »
Yeah that would be nice lol

Offline Naitron

• Cabbit
    • Facebook
« Reply #81 on: September 07, 2012, 10:54:05 pm »

XD thank you. I'm used to it. Unfortunately it kinda hinders me when I wanna meet more people my age because the high schoolers all think I'm their age so they talk to me and the adults think I'm a 16 year old so they avoid it sometimes too XD

haha i did avoid people who looked 18 or younger :p  And yes let's do an 18+ hang out at the park next year!  I am going to make it a point to cosplay next year!  I felt out of place amongst my fellow con goers!

Offline Black~Rose

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
« Reply #82 on: September 07, 2012, 10:56:42 pm »
I always check badges because the colors help me figure out who is an adult and who is not lol.

I am gonna be handing out something as Juliet next year as a joke but only to people with adult badges lol

Offline princess_of_zeal

• Catgirl
« Reply #83 on: September 07, 2012, 11:38:18 pm »
Might I recommend for next year we have an evening pane? Besides Otaku 25 and older where we can get together? Am evening panel where the grown-ups can be grown ups would be nice. Not that there's anything wrong with acting lieka  spazzy kid at the convention.

I would like this as well.