Author Topic: Dealers hall problem with grab bags  (Read 1820 times)

Offline superjaz

• Bunnygirl
Dealers hall problem with grab bags
« on: June 25, 2012, 10:07:17 pm »
So I was talking with my brother who loves a good grab bag, the surprise, the value and giving the things he gets to friends that he thinks the items fit

He has one pet peeve tho, and that is getting things in a grab bag that has no place in any shape or form at a dealers hall for an Japanese convention.
I know they are grab bags, and surprise bags, listed that you don't know what could be in them--I understand he understands, but when a table selling anime t shirts and figurines sells you a grab bag that has a Dorris Day bobble head, it doesn't seem right.

I know dealers hall at k-con is popular for vendors, and there is limited space that vendors are picked based on what they sell to give attendee the best mix possible.

Would it even be possible in vendors paperwork/contracts to even just encourage the contents of grab bags be of similar items to the inventory they are listed as selling at the con or relevant to the con such as other anime/video game merchandize?

Thoughts?  Once again I am NOT complaining about people getting things they do not like in a grab bag, that's part of the fun
just some things showing up in them really don't have any place in a anime convention.

And you know what happens to the weird stuff from grab bags? "donated" to charity auction where it will bring about 5 cents to a worthy cause
by donated I mean abandoned because no one loves it, no offense Doris Day fans
superjaz, that is jaz with one z count'um ONE z!
Proud mom of 2 awesome kids

Offline BlackjackGabbiani

• Bunnygirl
Re: Dealers hall problem with grab bags
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2012, 12:17:25 am »
An issue with that is that it would have to be carefully worded since otherwise it may also block unrelated items that people *like*, such as headphones.