Author Topic: Karaoke, japanese idol, or open mic?  (Read 8925 times)

Offline Moraela

• Sailor Scout
Karaoke, japanese idol, or open mic?
« on: September 10, 2005, 12:04:12 am »
I was reading some of the official karaoke rules and I noticed that there were only two different karaoke categories.  One let all the serious singers sing (Japanese Idol) and then there was one which let people sing and act (Karaoke/Cosplay hybrid).
    But what if you just wanted to enter karaoke for fun without acting and without being serious?  Would people who just wanted to have fun without having to interact with the audience still be in the karaoke/cosplay hybrid or would they be limited to only the Open mic (If that allows just anyone to sing)?

Just wanted to know ^^;
"However long the night may last, the dawn will always break."
"He thought they were the most beautiful birds in the world, the he found out they were only seagulls." ~Maude: Harold and Maude

Offline guspasho

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2005, 10:23:18 am »
I was one of the judges for both contests this year and what we did with those types of contestants was put them where we thought they would do better. For example, one guy wanted to be in hybrid and we decided he should go into Idol and he ended up with second place in Idol.
2008 Facilities Liaison

Offline Moraela

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2005, 11:34:59 am »
O.O  Scary auditions lol ^^  Thanks you!
"He thought they were the most beautiful birds in the world, the he found out they were only seagulls." ~Maude: Harold and Maude

Offline Waffles

• Bunnygirl
    • http://myspace.com/skelewhore
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2005, 01:49:35 pm »
does anybody remember last year open mic?
Good, Bad,  i'm the guy with the gun.

Offline Moraela

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2005, 02:25:00 pm »
I didn't go, but I wish I did T_T  What happened at last year's open mic?

Offline Moraela

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2005, 02:32:39 pm »
Also, I have one more question for all the people who have ever done karaoke at the Kumoricon.  How do you practice/ how do you know whether you're doing good or bad?  Any tips on practicing or anything about the karaoke contest would be apprieciated ^^

Offline yukimizu

• Chibi
« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2005, 03:23:48 am »
@Waffles

I was at the open mic for 2004 for a short while. The room never really got big. I was kinda sad.
Otherwise, I don't remember much else.

Offline Waffles

• Bunnygirl
    • http://myspace.com/skelewhore
« Reply #7 on: September 13, 2005, 08:47:51 am »
well my friend and i came in to the room at the end and just made us look pathethic which we were
Good, Bad,  i'm the guy with the gun.

Offline Moraela

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #8 on: September 20, 2005, 08:08:18 pm »
I just have one more small question.   If you really like a song and want to sing it, but someone has already sung it at the convention/previous conventions would it be weird to sing it (if you're chosen to sing it, of course)?  ^^;