Author Topic: How do you like your coffee?  (Read 4946 times)

Offline princessmoon

• Catgirl
    • Instagram: 10g10k
How do you like your coffee?
« on: June 12, 2012, 05:26:26 pm »
Hey ya'll,

I've recently rewarded myself with a Bodum french press and am LOVING my coffee! I'm also trying out a new coffee batch from Astoria, OR called Thundermuck and it's a nice mellow, smooth flavor and not very bold nor sour.  I've enjoyed my share of dolled up coffee from Starbucks, Allan Bros, Coffee Culture, etc during my early college days, but have deviated from that to nice black coffee.

Now, I wake up to make my 4 minute cup of delicious joe before work and my whole day is just splendid!~ :)

To those who enjoy coffee, how do you like yours? Any recommendations?

And so it begins...

Offline reppy

• Bunnygirl
    • http://www.animemsn.com
Re: How do you like your coffee?
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2012, 09:21:38 pm »
Straight black. :-X

That's probably not what you're looking for.. ^^;;  But, I really enjoy the bitterness of coffee.  In the same way that I like to put so much horseradish on my food that it makes my eyes water. :P

As soon as you start adding sugar and all that.. it becomes a dessert. ^__^;

Awhile back I experimented by using no sugar added vanilla almond milk and ice cubes to make myself a nice little chilled coffee.  It was fairly decent and sugar free.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2012, 09:23:44 pm by reppy »

Clark Anime: http://clarkanime.com
Facebook: http://facebook.com/reppy
Kumoricon 2005-10 galleries: http://dunpeal.net/gallery

Offline Wrath-Chan19

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2012, 08:51:54 am »
Take a tiny fancy teacup
add a bit of coffee
overfill the cup with whip cream
mix
add some sugar
mix
cover in caramel sauce.
enjoy  :P

Or a fancy coffee drink from a local coffe shop
I can't stand Starbucks, I like my coffee to be fair trade or shade grown (both if possible), and none of their coffee follows those guidelines. They do have great benfits for their staff though.
I rarely get on here anymore, if you want to chat hit me up on Cosplay.com. I my username is Loveable-Eve

Offline XxBelovedxSoubixX

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2012, 05:34:31 pm »
I like a iced kicker with caramel sauce from dutch brothers.
It's Irish cream and coffee.

At home I like a little bit of some instant coffee with chocolate milk in it. :3 It's good.

Offline acton

• Sailor Scout
    • Acton's Hermitage
« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2012, 10:37:14 pm »
Black and strong  (like me)
I used filter water and about two grams per ounce of water, filter. I freshly grind my beans.

Offline Titus_Love_Doll

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2012, 11:09:37 pm »
i like it black, or with very little suger .. i cant have the creamers most of my firends use due to milk dosent agree with me

Offline princessmoon

• Catgirl
« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2012, 08:06:13 pm »
Hmmm, black coffee is yum! Looks like ya'll have found your likings. I just like to see what others are into. I use to love the sugar and cream, but now it's just appreciating the actual coffee itself.

I have succumb to the song of coooffffeeeee...Now, I'm looking into an espresso maker >_<

Awhile back I experimented by using no sugar added vanilla almond milk and ice cubes to make myself a nice little chilled coffee.  It was fairly decent and sugar free.

Ima gonna try that for a nice chilled summer drink! Maybe twist it into frozen soymilk cubes :)

Cuuuute! I'm not a big fan of charbucks either...

Totally iced kicked my cravings back in them college days :) Dutch. Bros is above charbucks on my list ;)
Black and strong  (like me)
I used filter water and about two grams per ounce of water, filter. I freshly grind my beans.

Lol, Wish i could say that but im more yellow and...lalala.Hehe. So are you using manual drip, a coffee maker, or French press? Ooooooh there's nothing like freshly ground coffee beans!!!!

i like it black, or with very little suger .. i cant have the creamers most of my firends use due to milk dosent agree with me

SOYMILK can be an alternative, but black is also delicious! ;)
And so it begins...

Offline CaptnPoptart

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #7 on: June 17, 2012, 08:48:56 pm »
I NEED MY COFFEE AT LEAST SWEET. Whenever I have just straight-coffee (no fancy syrups, whipped creams, or sprinkles), I ALWAYS put in creamer and a few pinches of sugar. My current favorite creamer right now is Irish Cream (or Creme???). What I also love to do to get a bit of "spice" is to add just A LITTLE cinnamon and nutmeg, which combines WITH the sweetness of the sugar and completes the taste <3

As it goes for strength, I LOVE strong coffee with a GREAT coffee taste.
Good News and Bad News.
Bad news is I can't go to Kumoricon the whole weekend because of costs and drivers ed.

GOOD NEWS is that if I can raise enough money I can go for Saturday all day as Espurr (Pokemon X/Y)
Hope to see you all then! <3

Offline Titus_Love_Doll

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #8 on: June 17, 2012, 09:05:29 pm »
sadly I am allergic to soy ......=.=

Offline princessmoon

• Catgirl
« Reply #9 on: June 18, 2012, 05:57:42 pm »
I NEED MY COFFEE AT LEAST SWEET. Whenever I have just straight-coffee (no fancy syrups, whipped creams, or sprinkles), I ALWAYS put in creamer and a few pinches of sugar. My current favorite creamer right now is Irish Cream (or Creme???). What I also love to do to get a bit of "spice" is to add just A LITTLE cinnamon and nutmeg, which combines WITH the sweetness of the sugar and completes the taste <3

As it goes for strength, I LOVE strong coffee with a GREAT coffee taste.

Ah, nice. (me thinks either is okay 'cream' = American, "creme" = European English) I'm not an English major tho!  As for good coffee taste, I prefer a lighter roast over dark--it seems to have more flavor from ze beans. But, I am no coffee expert either, just enjoying it. :)

sadly I am allergic to soy ......=.=

:( Allergic to soy? BUMMER, my lady!! Almond milk? Coconut milk?
And so it begins...

Offline Shadow

• Catgirl
    • My deviantART Page
« Reply #10 on: August 04, 2012, 04:40:57 pm »
I like my coffee black just like my metal..

I truly wish I could drink coffee black, and major kudos to anybody who can. Coffee creamer is pretty bad for you. (But so delicious.) I just add Coffee Mate to my coffee, nothing fancy. Though I have a friend who generously makes me coffee in the morning when I stay over. She uses milk, cocoa, and sugar. And it's wonderful.

I also used to be friends with somebody who, but the time she was done, didn't end up with coffee but a sugary slush. It was pretty disgusting. :-\ About 20% coffee at best, heaps of sugar and mostly creamer.

Like TDS? Become a fan on facebook!: http://www.facebook.com/thedeppsquad

Kumoricon 2013

Sweeney Todd
Hit-Girl

Offline superjaz

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #11 on: August 04, 2012, 11:25:14 pm »
when I was little I used to look for the tiny bit of coffee from my parents morning cups to drink, I think it kinda burned me out on coffee, tho I used to occasionally get thugs drink called a mocha granita that had a bit of coffee.

Husband man is it if luck if he ever has issues with dairy as he is allergic to soy and dairy.
Anyone ever had moccha mix?  My grandma always had it because she couldn't have milk and when little I would use it to make chocolate milk
superjaz, that is jaz with one z count'um ONE z!
Proud mom of 2 awesome kids

Offline Washougal_Otaku

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #12 on: August 05, 2012, 12:33:33 am »
My cosplay plans for 2022 (thus far): Vanir from Konosuba
My son's plans this year (thus far): Penguin Chiyo-chan from Azumanga Daioh

Offline princessmoon

• Catgirl
« Reply #13 on: August 05, 2012, 04:54:25 pm »
I like my coffee black just like my metal..

I truly wish I could drink coffee black, and major kudos to anybody who can. Coffee creamer is pretty bad for you. (But so delicious.) I just add Coffee Mate to my coffee, nothing fancy. Though I have a friend who generously makes me coffee in the morning when I stay over. She uses milk, cocoa, and sugar. And it's wonderful.

I also used to be friends with somebody who, but the time she was done, didn't end up with coffee but a sugary slush. It was pretty disgusting. :-\ About 20% coffee at best, heaps of sugar and mostly creamer.

What a nice friend you have! :D black coffee is certainly an acquired taste. I think my palette has changed over the years (hate to say age is affecting me so...) and sugary coffee can upset my stomach sometimes.  Milk, cocoa, and sugar...yum! I love me some mocha!
when I was little I used to look for the tiny bit of coffee from my parents morning cups to drink, I think it kinda burned me out on coffee, tho I used to occasionally get thugs drink called a mocha granita that had a bit of coffee.

Husband man is it if luck if he ever has issues with dairy as he is allergic to soy and dairy.
Anyone ever had moccha mix?  My grandma always had it because she couldn't have milk and when little I would use it to make chocolate milk

Well, ya started young! I took a sip of my dad's coffee when I was little and swore I'd never touch it again. :) lo and behold, I grew up....just a wee bit , hehe. Anything with chocolate is delicious!

Washougal, whatever do ya mean?  8)
And so it begins...

Offline Washougal_Otaku

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #14 on: August 05, 2012, 08:04:49 pm »
I mean that I do not like coffee at all. I like tea. And energy drinks.
My cosplay plans for 2022 (thus far): Vanir from Konosuba
My son's plans this year (thus far): Penguin Chiyo-chan from Azumanga Daioh

Offline Prinz Eugen

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #15 on: August 29, 2012, 09:43:29 am »
I had a Russian uncle who escaped from the Bolshevik revolution in 1917.
His parents were killed in front of their children, and he and his brother
escaped over the Czech border hiding in a hay wagon but the Commies
seached the wagon, found his brother and killed him with a pitchfork
through the neck.

He came to Quebec with nothing but a softball-sized bag of DIAMONDS, and
built a huge fortune in the textile industry. He died in the mid 70s.

This man lived every day as if it were an unexpected, extra credit BONUS gift.
He did NOTHING in half-measures. He ate delicious heavy Russian foods,
drank courageously, and smoked cigars until he died.

Now onto the COFFEE.

He had a samovar with an insert which turned it into a percolator. He used to take SIX TEACUPS of ground coffee and put it in the ring shaped tray atop the water level, then sprinkle a small handful of ROCK SALT on the grounds. The salt would slake the bitterness.

This produced muddy brown, Turkish strength coffee that would stain silver spoons bluish grey, like a fluid level dipstick.

He would drink a demi-tasse of this coffee with two sugar cubes, by clamping the cube in his teeth and straining the coffee through it.

I bet the PH of this coffee would have been about 4.2
« Last Edit: August 29, 2012, 09:54:24 am by Prinz Eugen »

Offline makichan

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #16 on: August 30, 2012, 03:45:09 pm »
I like my coffee like I like my men: tall, strong, and- okay, serious now. Either I like it dark, strong, and plain (no sugars, no nothin') or I like it super ridiculously sugar-filled to the point where I'm having a milkshake with espresso shots. There is no in between  8)
"I like the way you fire that gun."
"Thanks. I like the way you take a bullet."