Author Topic: PRIDE MONTH!  (Read 3519 times)

Offline Wrath-Chan19

• Bunnygirl
PRIDE MONTH!
« on: June 03, 2012, 11:13:55 am »

June is Pride month!

This thread is to show how proud we are of being who we are!

Myself I label myself as queer/questioning. I don't want to label myself other than I'm different than the norm. I don't like the term bisexual, but I like both genders.
I rarely get on here anymore, if you want to chat hit me up on Cosplay.com. I my username is Loveable-Eve

Offline Washougal_Otaku

• Bunnygirl
Re: PRIDE MONTH!
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2012, 11:30:48 am »
Queer/questioning, huh?  I like that.

Well, I for one am proud to be white, American, male, hetero, being engaged to an amazing woman, being a soon-to-be father, and for being anything BUT normal!!!  (Except at logical times).
My cosplay plans for 2022 (thus far): Vanir from Konosuba
My son's plans this year (thus far): Penguin Chiyo-chan from Azumanga Daioh

Offline Len-chan

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2012, 11:38:56 am »
YAY for us ^.^ its sad that i can only be my true self anywhere but home :D
1st year Kumoricon already loving the community

Offline Wrath-Chan19

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2012, 11:55:07 am »
Queer/questioning, huh?  I like that.

Well, I for one am proud to be white, American, male, hetero, being engaged to an amazing woman, being a soon-to-be father, and for being anything BUT normal!!!  (Except at logical times).
I don't want to really force myself into a label. I know right now what I like in a person and who knows if that will change in the future.

WHA! I'm sorry Len! I hate when I hear that people's homes don't accept them.
I rarely get on here anymore, if you want to chat hit me up on Cosplay.com. I my username is Loveable-Eve

Offline Len-chan

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2012, 11:56:56 am »
yeah :( all of my friends accept me the way i am but my family wont and i wont trust them too either :/

Offline Wrath-Chan19

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2012, 12:12:12 pm »
hopefully after time they will,
until then you have my support!

Offline Wrath-Chan19

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2012, 08:39:07 am »
So this weekend is the festival at the waterfront and teh two parades!
I'll be marching with my school's GSA at the pride parade.

Offline DSaturn

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #7 on: June 13, 2012, 10:03:02 am »
I'm glad to see this. While I am straight, I have several friends who are not, and they are lucky enough to be accepted. I also have a young cousin though, who isn't old enough to know about sexuality yet, but is going to discover that he is completely and totally gay one day, and I know his immediate family isn't going to accept him. Quite frankly, I don't think he'll openly come out, but I hope he will at least understand that I will be on his side.
Kumoricon 2013 The Phoenix Down Slackers will be cosplaying:

Offline RemSaverem

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #8 on: June 13, 2012, 04:08:53 pm »
One of the things I most admire about otaku culture is that, just as gender-changing or gender-fluid characters, cross-dressing characters, and girl/girl and boy/boy crushes amongst characters are accepted, so are people cosplaying all of those characters or crossplaying them, and I believe this atmosphere very concretely leads to a greater comfort for people of all ages who are outside the more restrictive parameters generally enforced in non-otaku media and culture.

Ellen. 2003: Fanfic panelist & contest judge.
2004: Beta Station Coord. 2005: Fan Creation Station Coord.;pre-event assistant to the con chair.2006: Fanfic Mgr/C.S. Coord.
2007, 8, 9, 10: Fan Creation Manager. 2011: Writing & Editing Coord (Publicity).

Offline Wrath-Chan19

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #9 on: June 14, 2012, 10:08:24 am »
You're right Rem, even though I'm in the theater community and half my friends are LBGT I haven't really been able to come out until I joined the kumoricon family.

Offline Animeman73

• Catgirl
« Reply #10 on: June 14, 2012, 09:58:29 pm »
I'm proud to be a Moderate Democrat, I've in the greatest country in the world, have the ability to express myself through writing, be able to get around Portland in spite of my visual impairment, and live with  my wonderful loose cannon stepfather and non nonsense intellectual mother. I'm also happy to be straight but still have the utmost respect for gay and lesbian people.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2012, 07:26:53 pm by Animeman73 »
One cannot truly live life without having a sense of honor.

Offline Titus_Love_Doll

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #11 on: June 14, 2012, 10:44:34 pm »
is a lesbian been with my partner for 5 years almost 6 will be 6 in july, and we are engaged. plan to have our partnership after we move out. maybe later depending on how things go. also I came out when i was in 5th grade. so yeah woot :D 

Offline xRIxKUx

• Bunnygirl
    • D.A
« Reply #12 on: June 15, 2012, 10:54:18 am »
Hopefully I'll see everyone there =]
I like goats.

Offline Titus_Love_Doll

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #13 on: June 15, 2012, 12:21:42 pm »
me too. you know those who are still in high school can probably form a G.S.A (gay straight alliance ) in their school. as a club think that be a lot of fun and very supported to get those aware and help those who are not out but need the support from others.

Offline xRIxKUx

• Bunnygirl
    • D.A
« Reply #14 on: June 16, 2012, 06:53:21 pm »
I think I walk passed all you guys lolx
I like goats.

Offline VampireFangs103

• Catgirl
« Reply #15 on: June 19, 2012, 04:21:18 am »
I went to Pride last weekend at the waterfront. >D it was epiiiiic

Offline KingOfSassgard

• Sailor Scout
    • Instagram
« Reply #16 on: June 19, 2012, 10:10:44 am »
I am straight, but i'm really into equality. I have a few gay friends and they are honestly the nicest people I have ever met. Sometimes I'll even give advice to them for dating and such. My family, more like my dad, and I get into feuds because I believe in equality so strongly.
My mom thinks I'm a lesbian because I cross-cosplay (sometimes Crossdress) and cut my hair short.  ???
But anyways, Like what Rem said, I like the Otaku Culture because of how accepting (90%) the people are no matter Sexuality or Gender you are. Because you can cross-cosplay and people don't think much of it. And if your gay, people will treat you the same as if your hetero.  :)  
« Last Edit: June 19, 2012, 10:11:48 am by DasDeutsch »
Used to be DasDeutsch

Tumblr: http://the-king-of-sassgard.tumblr.com

Offline DSaturn

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #17 on: June 28, 2012, 08:06:58 pm »
Our culture is really a great one for acceptance. We don't let the social norms dictate our norms, which really is just being weird. I love it.
Kumoricon 2013 The Phoenix Down Slackers will be cosplaying:

Offline Len-chan

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #18 on: June 28, 2012, 08:53:12 pm »
^.^ im glad to be delving into this community more and more every day XD

Offline Wrath-Chan19

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #19 on: June 29, 2012, 02:48:35 pm »
and I'm glad that you are Len!