Author Topic: (Submitted) Fight For Your OTP! Panel  (Read 2360 times)

Offline xxToki

• Sailor Scout
    • Twitter
(Submitted) Fight For Your OTP! Panel
« on: June 02, 2012, 08:53:12 pm »
I'm sure most of you are familiar with panels such as "Anime Debate" where different topics about anime are debated among two people. Who's the best villain? Who's the hottest girl in the fictional realm? Who would you rather have for a president? Who would win in a fight? Well, here's that same concept, but applied to shippers all across fandoms!

Have a lot of un-vented feelings for your favorite pairings? Rant to your heart's content for sixty-ninety seconds to sway the hearts of the audience to ship your ship! Spread the love of your favorite crack, crossover, rivalry, boys love, girls love, hetero, and canon (+ more!) pairings. Prizes will be awarded to those who can wholeheartedly convince me to ship an entirely new OTP.

Time: TBA
Place: TBA

Although this panel has been submitted, it's by no means confirmed! I just wanted to gauge the interest of attendees. c:
Also, what sort of prizes would you like to see awarded at this panel?
« Last Edit: June 05, 2012, 02:01:22 pm by xxToki »
[ Kumoricon 2014 ]

*~ Chisaki Hiradaira from Nagi no Asukara
*~ Vincent Nightray from Pandora Hearts
*~ Ryuko Matoi from Kill la Kill
*~ Chihiro Fujisaki from Dangan Ronpa
*~ Christa Renz from SNK

Offline Wrath-Chan19

• Bunnygirl
Re: (Submitted) Fight For Your OTP! Panel
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2012, 11:00:39 am »
I am guilty in being interested in going to this...
I rarely get on here anymore, if you want to chat hit me up on Cosplay.com. I my username is Loveable-Eve

Offline RemSaverem

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2012, 09:31:11 am »
Cute idea.
You mean "gauge", not "gag".
Ideal prize would be if you have a fanfic author and a mangaka available, and the audience favorite at the end of the panel gets the pairing that they defended celebrated in a personal commission, their choice of a drabble or a sketch.
Ellen. 2003: Fanfic panelist & contest judge.
2004: Beta Station Coord. 2005: Fan Creation Station Coord.;pre-event assistant to the con chair.2006: Fanfic Mgr/C.S. Coord.
2007, 8, 9, 10: Fan Creation Manager. 2011: Writing & Editing Coord (Publicity).

Offline Wrath-Chan19

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2012, 09:47:44 am »
You got your writer right here!
I rarely get on here anymore, if you want to chat hit me up on Cosplay.com. I my username is Loveable-Eve

Offline xxToki

• Sailor Scout
    • Twitter
« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2012, 01:46:18 pm »
Thank you for fixing the mishap! >u<

I love the idea of awarding fanfiction as the prize (since I'm also a writer it won't cost me anything to fulfill them). c: I think I might just do that. I know how difficult it is to get fanfiction for obscure pairings you really adore.

Wrath-Chan, are you really interested in the two of us writing? If you want to take a couple categories, I could give that as the prize for everyone who wins in the different matches. 200-500 sounds pretty decent to me.
[ Kumoricon 2014 ]

*~ Christa Renz from SNK

Offline Wrath-Chan19

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2012, 01:50:20 pm »
200-500?

I wouldn't mind offering a few categories, I'm fine with anything really except writing as Animals and anything that's +18 since I can't write that at all

Offline xxToki

• Sailor Scout
    • Twitter
« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2012, 02:14:04 pm »
For each award. It seemed like a fair amount to me.

I'll send you a list of all the categories later for you to pick and choose which ones you would want to write for. I can easily cover 18+ requests since that's my specialty. >u<
[ Kumoricon 2014 ]

*~ Christa Renz from SNK