Author Topic: Tera Online  (Read 4820 times)

Offline zenneth

• Catgirl
Tera Online
« on: May 29, 2012, 03:57:25 pm »
does anybody play Tera Online here?

planning on buying the game
cosplays done so far: kakuzu, gintoki, danboard, K Dash, assassin cross, loki of the emblem assassins, gilbert nightray, sebastian, black rock shooter kaito

Offline Len-chan

• Sailor Scout
Re: Tera Online
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2012, 04:08:36 pm »
i want to but alas my laptop cannot handle it and currently my money is going into preping for cons @.@
1st year Kumoricon already loving the community

Offline zenneth

• Catgirl
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2012, 04:46:09 pm »
same--
i think i can but actually, my money is being gobbled up by tuition fees ;A;
cosplays done so far: kakuzu, gintoki, danboard, K Dash, assassin cross, loki of the emblem assassins, gilbert nightray, sebastian, black rock shooter kaito

Offline xRIxKUx

• Bunnygirl
    • D.A
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2012, 10:23:02 am »
Their characters are visually stunning
I like goats.

Offline zenneth

• Catgirl
« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2012, 03:38:02 pm »
 oh yes definitely ~

Ghuuu

Wanna play so badly

Offline Blue Leader

• Chibi
    • Blue Banshees Productions
« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2012, 12:08:46 am »
I dabbled in the open beta for a bit, and while the graphics are outstanding-- it's hands down the most beautiful MMO I've ever played-- most of the game felt very... underwhelming. It felt as though too much effort was put into the graphics and not into the actual content. The quests were fairly dull; the "action-oriented combat", while different, just got dry and repetitive fairly quickly and I got tired of mashing the mouse button over and over again and casting the occasional ability with a number key; even the story isn't all that engaging. It's not a horrible game, but it's just not as spectacular as it was claimed to be. In my opinion outside of the gorgeous graphics most of the game is just mediocre.

I'd probably play it if it was free-to-play, but I wouldn't pay a monthly free to play it. I just didn't have much fun when I played it in the open beta.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2012, 12:12:25 am by Blue Leader »

This Year's Cosplay:
Jedi Knight, Heat Guy J(?)

Offline zenneth

• Catgirl
« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2012, 08:02:15 am »
My  question is why did they have to take away the grinding DX

Offline Blue Leader

• Chibi
« Reply #7 on: June 11, 2012, 04:49:35 pm »
Take away grinding? It's an MMO, there's grinding, and lots of it. I can't think of a single MMO that doesn't have some type of grinding.

This Year's Cosplay:

Offline zenneth

• Catgirl
« Reply #8 on: June 12, 2012, 06:20:56 am »
Take away grinding? It's an MMO, there's grinding, and lots of it. I can't think of a single MMO that doesn't have some type of grinding.

^originally, tera is a grindfest

heard that tera north america took out the grinding-- you'd be max cap in 3 weeks with good party playing 3 hours a day

^ that sir, is NOT grinding

Offline Blue Leader

• Chibi
« Reply #9 on: June 14, 2012, 04:50:52 pm »

^originally, tera is a grindfest

heard that tera north america took out the grinding-- you'd be max cap in 3 weeks with good party playing 3 hours a day

^ that sir, is NOT grinding
Dunno. I've never heard that, but I also don't play Tera.
But there is more than just level grinding. There's still grinding for gold/currency, for armor, loot, crafting components... In MMOs grinding is never truly over. XD

When I played Tera, albeit briefly, the leveling didn't seem extremely difficult, but it didn't seem all that easy, either. But it may have been adjusted since I played it, and, like I said, I didn't play it very long to really know for certain.

If you want a grind... play Star Wars: The Old Republic. Leveling isn't too bad, but you're constantly grinding for credits (in-game currency) because everything is so darned expensive. And for some reason I still play it...
Or EVE Online. I hear that's a grind from the moment you log in. A grind that never ends. :P
« Last Edit: June 14, 2012, 04:53:23 pm by Blue Leader »

This Year's Cosplay: