Author Topic: Which panels to attend?  (Read 2245 times)

Offline MrBuddyshasta

• Oni
Which panels to attend?
« on: May 26, 2012, 08:08:14 pm »
Hey guys! :)

This will be my first time at Kumoricon and I'm wondering which panels I should go to! I'm a teen and I love drawing manga and watching anime! I'm currently working on a manga now (my friend is the writer, and I'm the artist). My favorite manga/anime include Death Note, Bleach, Fruits Basket, xxxHolic, Shaman King, Lying Game, Blood+, Bakuman....
I think drawing tutorials or something to help me with my manga would be useful. I also love to laugh, so any panels that are really funny!  ;D I have also heard that there is art, merchandise, and other things on sale, which also sounds really interesting!
I know that the schedule hasn't been released yet (and probably won't be for a while), but just based on what they had in previous years, so when I get there for the first time, I'm not completely lost at what I should do...

Thanks for your help! :D

Offline Washougal_Otaku

• Bunnygirl
Re: Which panels to attend?
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2012, 02:42:48 pm »
Well, regarding the laughing part, I co-run the stand up comedy panel, which usually brings in a good crowd. There's also the random panel of doom, a "Who's Line Is It?" panel, Otaku 25 and older can be funny, and really most panels will have at least a few funny moments here and there.

For your shopping interests, there's the Exhibitor's Hall, Artist Alley, and Charity Auction (which usually has some humor in it, too).
My cosplay plans for 2022 (thus far): Vanir from Konosuba
My son's plans this year (thus far): Penguin Chiyo-chan from Azumanga Daioh

Offline baka-imouto

• Chibi
    • Tumblr
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2012, 03:51:38 pm »
It's always fun going to the cosplay photoshoots. There's a Bleach Captain's Meeting panel and many other really neat panels to go to. Half of the convention fun is wandering and looking around at all of the really cool costumes. Cosplay chess is always entertaining and there will be a couple of different games this year.
Kumoricon 2016: (Days are undecided so far)

Halloween 2010 Prussia (In progress- prop and cosplay started)
Halloween 2011 slave Prussia (In progress- cosplay finished and props started)
Cardverse Prussia (Well.. I have the pattern. -shrugs-)

Offline MrBuddyshasta

• Oni
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2012, 05:45:56 pm »
Thanks!  ;)

Offline princessmoon

• Catgirl
    • Instagram: 10g10k
« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2012, 10:03:18 pm »
Highly recommend Slightly Anime Dating Game for some good laughs--usually runs in the evening. We've always made time to attend this panel the last few years. Hope you have fun!
And so it begins...

Offline Sui Fong

• Chibi
« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2012, 11:24:30 pm »
last year was really cool cause u could use the guidebook app to not only see all the events for the entire weekend but to also schedule reminders to let u know when a panel is coming up that you want to go to. since it's ur first time i say go slow. i got so overwhelmed the first yr i went to kumoricon that it didn't make it my favorite year at all. i reccomend going to the amv contest, it gets better every year.
2013 (in the works): Soi Fong (Bleach), Faith (Mirrors Edge), Agito/Akito (Air Gear)
Stay tuned for more information at a later date.

Offline MrBuddyshasta

• Oni
« Reply #6 on: May 31, 2012, 03:27:28 pm »
Thanks for the ideas!  :)

Offline Washougal_Otaku

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #7 on: May 31, 2012, 04:26:02 pm »
You're welcome! Another good few are the cosplay contest, the AMV competition, and the Kumoricon forum panel.
My cosplay plans for 2022 (thus far): Vanir from Konosuba
My son's plans this year (thus far): Penguin Chiyo-chan from Azumanga Daioh