Author Topic: R.I.P. Adam MCA Youch  (Read 1621 times)

Offline Animeman73

• Catgirl
R.I.P. Adam MCA Youch
« on: May 08, 2012, 04:52:41 pm »
As many of you already know Adam MCA Youch one of the founding members of the pioneer rap group The Beastie Boys died recently. He was only 48. Apparently cancer finally got him.  It's sad to see hip hop lose a pioneer like like Youch. Along with his work with the Beastie Boys he was also a Buddhist working for the liberation of Tibet.

This forum thread is dedicated to our memories of one of the most brilliant rap groups of all times. Come here and share your memories of the Beastie Boys. I first really got into them when i saw "You Gotta' fight for your right to party.". I loved how the Beasties got away with wrecking all types of havoc. From there it was on to So what cha' want, Sureshot, Sabotage, and probably one of their most EPIC songs Intergalactic. I knew that the Beastie Boys were involved with free Tibet. But I hadn't realized untill recntly that Adam Youch was Buddhist. The loss of a legend will be felt for some time.

So who else wants to share their memories of the Beastie Boys and Adam MCA Youch?
« Last Edit: May 09, 2012, 07:23:01 pm by Animeman73 »
One cannot truly live life without having a sense of honor.

Offline RemSaverem

• Bunnygirl
Re: R.I.P. Adam MCA Youch
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2012, 03:08:50 pm »
I saw the Beastie Boys at a Lollapolooza back in the day.
Ellen. 2003: Fanfic panelist & contest judge.
2004: Beta Station Coord. 2005: Fan Creation Station Coord.;pre-event assistant to the con chair.2006: Fanfic Mgr/C.S. Coord.
2007, 8, 9, 10: Fan Creation Manager. 2011: Writing & Editing Coord (Publicity).