Author Topic: Fanfiction Bedtime Stories 2012 [Approved!]  (Read 5792 times)

Offline FilkAeris

• Chibi
Fanfiction Bedtime Stories 2012 [Approved!]
« on: April 29, 2012, 10:55:22 am »
Hey, all!   ;D

To make sure there are no mixups this year, and that we get a primo room and slot for the best little panel in the West, I'm planning to submit the panel application for the FFBS early this year.

That said, are there any changes you guys would like to see, equipment you think would improve the panel, or other requests you might have?  Typically we ask for chairs, blankets if available (they weren't last year, but it can't hurt), password access to the internet for looking up stories, a whiteboard for signups, and a sound system with microphone and speaker.

Let me know!
« Last Edit: August 24, 2012, 05:28:29 pm by FilkAeris »

KUMORICON 2014: BEST. CON. EVER! LET'S DO IT ALL AGAIN IN 2015!

Offline Washougal_Otaku

• Bunnygirl
Re: Fanfiction Bedtime Stories 2013
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2012, 11:04:10 am »
Personally, I think that's all we'll need to have.
My cosplay plans for 2022 (thus far): Vanir from Konosuba
My son's plans this year (thus far): Penguin Chiyo-chan from Azumanga Daioh

Offline TalaRedWolf33

• Bunnygirl
    • Full Moon Crochet
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2012, 11:06:57 am »
Maybe just make a note that people need to bring their own blankets. I dunno bout you guys, but I dun even use the hotels towels or blankets. I always bring my own and strip the bed. I'm weird like that. So maybe people should bring their own blankets and pillows instead of having the hotel provide them.

Offline RemSaverem

• Bunnygirl
Re: Fanfiction Bedtime Stories **2012**
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2012, 04:15:42 pm »
(1) I love you, and I am so excited to be part of this panel with you, again. :)
(2) To avoid any confusion, please update the title of our thread to reflect that we are referring to Fanfic Bedtime Stories at Kumoricon the Labor Day weekend of 2012, not next year, 2013.
(3) Given that this is Kumoricon's 10-Year Anniversary, and that we (the two of us specifically, and fanfic in general) were part of that inaugural year, perhaps it would be fun if we encourage (though certainly not require) that if anyone has any fanfic they wrote for Kcon #1 in 2003, that we bring it and read it.
(4) Looking ahead to 2013, that will be the 10-year anniversary of the founding of this particular panel, and we could do something special for that, then, too.

Love and admiration always,
Your fangirl,
Rem.

P.S. For those who joined us for last year's panel: I have email addresses for some of you, and I will endeavor to unearth them and email you soon to start getting us jazzed for this. :D

P. P. S. For Filkaeris: Here's hoping you are also running your two filk panels, again, this con; I'd very much like to come participate, again.
:D
« Last Edit: April 29, 2012, 04:18:10 pm by RemSaverem »
Ellen. 2003: Fanfic panelist & contest judge.
2004: Beta Station Coord. 2005: Fan Creation Station Coord.;pre-event assistant to the con chair.2006: Fanfic Mgr/C.S. Coord.
2007, 8, 9, 10: Fan Creation Manager. 2011: Writing & Editing Coord (Publicity).

Offline Washougal_Otaku

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2012, 04:17:01 am »
Maybe just make a note that people need to bring their own blankets. I dunno bout you guys, but I dun even use the hotels towels or blankets. I always bring my own and strip the bed. I'm weird like that. So maybe people should bring their own blankets and pillows instead of having the hotel provide them.

Same here; well, the towels thing, anyway.  However, since I live as close to the con as I do, I'd be up for possibly bringing my own blanket.

Offline FilkAeris

• Chibi
Re: Fanfiction Bedtime Stories 2012
« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2012, 12:35:39 pm »
Whoops!   ::)  The date is now fixed.  What was I thinking?  Evidently my upcoming finals have fried my brain in advance.  Sorry about that!

Offline RemSaverem

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2012, 12:44:38 pm »
Whoops!   ::)  The date is now fixed.  What was I thinking?  Evidently my upcoming finals have fried my brain in advance.  Sorry about that!

Best wishes on your finals. And your brain, fried, is undoubtedly twice as creative as the average brain....Anyway, perhaps you were simply forseeing that our panel will be so enjoyable this year that we will definitely be on board again for 2013. Here's hoping :D
2004: Beta Station Coord. 2005: Fan Creation Station Coord.;pre-event assistant to the con chair.2006: Fanfic Mgr/C.S. Coord.
2007, 8, 9, 10: Fan Creation Manager. 2011: Writing & Editing Coord (Publicity).

Offline Spifferiffic

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #7 on: May 10, 2012, 12:22:19 am »
Well, I will definitely be there! I wasn't around for the first K-con, but I think a few stories from then sounds like an awesome idea. (I'll still bring something of my own to share, of course!) I'm already looking forward to it...

Offline Washougal_Otaku

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #8 on: May 10, 2012, 05:14:28 pm »
My first KCon was #4, 2006. I vaguely remember what my first story was, but I could rewrite it in a way that makes it shorter, and more logical.

Offline RemSaverem

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #9 on: May 11, 2012, 11:54:26 am »
Yay! I'm so excited for this! :D The return of various prior fanfic contest winners....
And all first-time authors and new participants are always welcome, as well!

I'll see if I can go through storage and find something I wrote back in the day....

Offline FilkAeris

• Chibi
Re: Fanfiction Bedtime Stories 2012 [Approved!]
« Reply #10 on: August 24, 2012, 05:29:22 pm »
Ladies and gents, we are officially on for the FFBS 2012!   ;D

So, let's hear it!  What are you planning to read?  Bringing any friends?  Any grand plans for dramatic readings?

Offline lilyrosa143

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #11 on: August 30, 2012, 06:25:17 pm »
Well, I might want to read one of the ones that I wrote a while ago called Yuzu's Fairytale, I'm not sure if it's very bed time story-y and I should probably do some editing first. (You can't really expect amazing writing from a 14 year old though..)
What does man value more than life, yet fear more than death and mortal strife? What the poor have the rich require, and what contented men desire. What the mizer spends and the spendthrift saves, and all men carry to there graves.

Offline FilkAeris

• Chibi
« Reply #12 on: August 30, 2012, 11:14:04 pm »
Awesome!   ;D  I dunno, some fourteen-year-olds can produce some pretty choice stuff.  We had an adorbs reader last year who wasn't even that old. ♥

Offline RemSaverem

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #13 on: August 31, 2012, 02:28:29 pm »
We *love* teen authors at Fanfic Bedtime Stories!
In fact, the same folks who started this event, have also been cornerstones of Fanfic Contests for previous years of Kumoricon, and we always had a prize category for Best Author 16 & Under.

One of the winners of that category has gone on to be a copanelist with me at 3 conventions, and another of the winners of that category became a widely-read fantasy novelist, with me as the beta reader/editor of her fantasy novel.

So, absolutely, folks of all ages are definitely welcome as authors, beta readers, performers, and enthusiastic audience members. We look forward to hearing whatever you bring!