Author Topic: Find your duet partner/karaoke group  (Read 27636 times)

Offline Chiroyo

• Chibi
    • My deviantART
Find your duet partner/karaoke group
« on: April 25, 2012, 08:48:41 pm »
You ever had that moment where you want to go sing a song at karaoke, but you have no duet partner/group to sing it with (especially if the song is intended to be sung as a duet)? It's a bit awkward asking around the karaoke lounge during convention, sometimes, so perhaps it'd be a good idea to start finding your partners here.
(I've found that this holds true in particular for Vocaloid songs).

To kick it off, here are some songs I'm looking for partners for:
Happy Material (OP song from Negima)
Cendrillon (Vocaloid) --> looking for someone who can sing Kaito's part

If you've got others, let's see em'~
cosplay 2011

Offline Tacosu

• Sailor Scout
Re: Find your duet partner/karaoke group
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2012, 01:00:04 pm »
Hi Chiroyo!! ♥

I wouldn't mind trying to sing Cendrillon with you? c: It'll probably take a bit of practice on my end though, haha.

As for me ...

3 Primary Colors (Digimon Tamers) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0D3Yy8sRi4M
- Looking for two others to sing with me! I'm flexible with parts, too. B) KARAOKE AVAILABLE.

Hitotsu no Kimochi (Digimon Tamers) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uog_6LfoHss
- Shuichon and Lopmon's image song! Cutest thing ever, too. Looking for someone to sing with, and I'm flexible with who is who. c: KARAOKE AVAILABLE.

Shining Star (Digimon Adventure 02) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DIivWg-jzas
- Hikari and Tailmon's image song! Again, flexible, but I would prefer to sing Hikari. KARAOKE AVAILABLE.

with you feat. me (BACK-ON feat. Misono | Tales of the World: Radiant Mythology 3) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yq973zVrTXI
- Opening theme for Radiant Mythology 3! It's a really fun song and we could get at LEAST three people singing it. KARAOKE NOT AVAILABLE.

flyaway (BACK-ON | Tales of the World: Radiant Mythology 2) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b4HANHf0k8c
- Opening theme for Radiant Mythology 2! Did I ever say BACK-ON has fun songs? KARAOKE NOT AVAILABLE.

Follow the Nightingale (KOKIA | Tales of Innocence]) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sCaxagbOvQc
- Opening song for Tales of Innocence! And oh maaaan, getting a group together for this song would be all kinds of epic! KARAOKE AVAILABLE.

HELLO, PLEASE CALL ME TACO. C:

COSPLAYS FOR 2013:
Tales of Xillia - Leia Rolando

Offline Chiroyo

• Chibi
    • My deviantART
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2012, 02:41:45 pm »
Yooo taco~ haven't talked to you all year since K-con last year :3

I'll take you up on that Cendrillon then xD You were looking for 3 primary colors last year too, right? I'll start learning it so that we can sing together this year ;u; but we'll still need one more person huh?
cosplay 2011

Offline Tacosu

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2012, 02:57:29 pm »
I knooow, it's been a really insane year, starting right after k-con last year. ;; I'll update you on all of it sometime.

Yes, definitely still wanting to sing 3 Primary Colors! I know the entire song by heart, so if we don't find another person, I could always cover two of the parts.

COSPLAYS FOR 2013:

Offline Chiroyo

• Chibi
    • My deviantART
« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2012, 05:14:02 pm »
Late reply, sorry my life has been hectic as of late ;u;

Is that so? xD I'd love to hear your wild stories this year at con~
I'd also like to find people to sing this song with me:
http://youtu.be/PZjn5rmKHws
Choose Me~ It's a bit difficult but it's so amazing ;u;
cosplay 2011

Offline eritela

• Cabbit
« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2012, 09:22:45 pm »
Late reply, sorry my life has been hectic as of late ;u;

Is that so? xD I'd love to hear your wild stories this year at con~
I'd also like to find people to sing this song with me:
http://youtu.be/PZjn5rmKHws
Choose Me~ It's a bit difficult but it's so amazing ;u;

I could learn that song, if you're still looking for a singing partner! Though it'd take a LOT of practice for me to do one of the female parts, but even those aren't out of the question. I can also sing Kaito's part of Cendrillon (It's only the highest of Miku's on the bridge that I can't sing).

I could learn 3 Primary Colors, too, if you need someone else for that.

I would love nothing more than a duet (etc)! My friend's not much into karaoke, though, so I'm on my own.

I'm game for just about any song with a duet part in a lower range, if given enough warning.

If you've already found a partner for all songs you want to sing, sorry for bugging you!
« Last Edit: June 30, 2012, 11:23:50 pm by eritela »

Offline Tacosu

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2012, 07:07:08 pm »
We'd love to have you sing with us! c: We definitely still need someone else for 3 Primary Colors with us and I know Chiroyo and I would love to do more duets with people!

COSPLAYS FOR 2013:

Offline eritela

• Cabbit
« Reply #7 on: July 03, 2012, 07:26:36 pm »
Great! Just let me know any songs and which parts you'd like me to try out. Which part of 3 Primary Colors do you still need?

Offline Chiroyo

• Chibi
    • My deviantART
« Reply #8 on: July 04, 2012, 11:20:08 am »
goodness I keep forgetting to check these forums 8'D

I would love to have you sing Choose Me with me *A* I'll take the higher female part, so don't worry xD
Do you happen to know more songs you'd be willing to duet or sing in groups? ouo because I love group songs as well
cosplay 2011

Offline eritela

• Cabbit
« Reply #9 on: July 04, 2012, 03:33:42 pm »
1. Am I taking the male part of Choose Me, then?
2. And which part of Primary Colors?
3. Hitotsu no Kimochi sounds fine. It's within my range.
4. Shining Star also sounds fine.
5. With You feat. Me sounds okay, from what I listened to.
6. Flyaway sounds fine, from what I listened to.
7. Follow the Nightingale sounds pretty, and the part I listened to was in my range. (Reminds me of Life Returns from Fire Emblem XD That has backwards Japanese.)
8. Cendrillon stretches me on both ends, but I can mostly manage Kaito (the only part I have any trouble with is the bridge - both with Kaito and Miku, the rest of the song I can alternate between them and still hit the notes just fine.) But with some practice I could probably hit Kaito's low notes, and MAYBE manage to hit Miku's high. But if the two of you are definitely singing together on it, then I won't worry to much about Cendrillon.
9. Happy Material sounds fine.

So I'd be happy to sing any of those! Or all of them. Whatever. Just let me know.

Um, just so you know, I don't know who's who on any of the parts. So you'll need to tell me which part's which. Ideally you could highlight (or something) the parts of the lyrics "my" part is since you're more familiar with the song, but that's troublesome, I know. So just say 'the second voice that sings' or something if there isn't a clear distinction, like obviously female and obviously male. Sorry I'm being a pain. XD

More songs... well, I know quite a bit of Vocaloid. I'm particularly fond of Mothy-P, though his songs may not be your style, and many of them don't have alternating parts.

I like some of the Hearts Grow songs, those are duets, and I think most of them are within my range. I would VERY MUCH LOVE to sing Sora. I've wanted to do a duet on that for years. The range isn't very demanding at all, and I even already have a lyrics sheet colored depending on who sings when. I believe I can find an instrumental track for it, too.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xOTXgacrnr0

But yeah, I, personally, am up for just about anything, so long as you tell me which song and which part!

(From the sounds of it, we may be monopolizing the Karaoke room. XD)

Oh, um, just so you know, I'm a minor, and I'll still be a minor (if only by a month) during Kumoricon. So that limits my available hours in the convention.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2012, 03:40:11 pm by eritela »

Offline Tacosu

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #10 on: July 04, 2012, 06:27:08 pm »
We haven't chosen parts for 3 Primary Colors just yet, but I can sing any of the parts in there. Ruki is the highest singing voice, while Takato is mid-range and Jenrya is the lowest, if that helps out with choosing who sings who.

COSPLAYS FOR 2013:

Offline eritela

• Cabbit
« Reply #11 on: July 04, 2012, 07:10:49 pm »
I shouldn't have any trouble with any parts for 3 Primary Colors, either. So just let me know when you decide!

Offline Chiroyo

• Chibi
    • My deviantART
« Reply #12 on: July 07, 2012, 01:01:51 pm »
Just dandy; I am also a minor, being 17, and will be during the con time, so my hours are the same as yours I think.
http://onsenjikan.dreamwidth.org/35866.html these are the lyrics to Choose Me, with the parts clearly marked out. I'd like to take Miku's part if that's alright ;u; You could take either the male part, or the other female part?

I'm really into vocaloid (as you can guess) so I know a lot of songs and/or can learn most vocaloid songs ouo
I'd also be interested in:
Matryoshka
Happy Synthesizer
Karakuri Burst
Ah it's a wonderful cat's life
Smiling
Nico Nico Douga Kumikyoku

x'D monopolizing the karaoke room eh? I have a friend named Denni who works there in staff as well and she loves having people come in, early in the morning because there's no one there and she ends up having to fill in the holes 8'D
cosplay 2011

Offline eritela

• Cabbit
« Reply #13 on: July 07, 2012, 08:35:08 pm »
Ah, thanks for those Choose Me lyrics! I'll take either other part, though I think I'd do best with the male part.

Taking a look at those Vocaloid songs:
I could learn Happy Synthesizer.
"Ah it's a wonderful cat's life" is something I could definitely learn! Either part.
I think I could learn Smiling

There's only 2 months (less than) until Kumoricon. Which songs are we doing, and who's on each song and each part? I'm unfamiliar with most of the songs, so it'd be great to know which ones to prioritize, at the very least.

The so far suggested songs are:

1. Choose Me (3 parts, I'm in. Chiroyo is Miku.)
2. 3 Primary Colors? (3 parts, I'm in. Who's who?)
3. Hitotsu no Kimochi (2 parts, I'm open.)
4. Shining Star (2 parts, I'm open.)
5. With You feat. Me (3? parts, I'm open.)
6. Flyaway (? parts, I'm open.)
7. Follow the Nightingale (2+ part(s), I'm open.)
8. Cendrillon (2 parts, I'm open.)
9. Happy Material (2? parts, I'm open.)
10. Sora (Yeah, yeah, I'm still being hopeful about that one. XD) (2 parts, I'm in.)
11. Matryoshka (2 parts, I might be able to but would rather not.)
12. Happy Synthesizer (2 parts, I'm open.)
13. Karakuri Burst (2 parts, I might be able to but would rather not.)
14. Ah it's a wonderful cat's life (2 parts, I'm open.)
15. Smiling (? parts, I'm open.)
16. Kumikyoku (? parts, I might be able to but would rather not.)

Tell me if I missed any!
« Last Edit: July 07, 2012, 09:37:45 pm by eritela »

Offline Chiroyo

• Chibi
    • My deviantART
« Reply #14 on: July 07, 2012, 11:19:16 pm »
If you prefer the male part, then that's great *u* I'll try find another female to take the other female part.

If you'd like to do Happy Synthesizer, you could pick either part since I know the entire song already xD
I have a higher voice, so Gumi suits me better for Ah It's a Wonderful Cat's Life ;u;
Smiling is best sung in a group, so gather more people if you can? ouo
As for Happy Material, it's also better to have more people if possible.

Once we finalize groups and such, I can script for songs that don't have any defined parts/parts that are defined for different numbers of people. Sound alright? ouo
cosplay 2011

Offline eritela

• Cabbit
« Reply #15 on: July 08, 2012, 12:11:37 am »
I, obviously, have a lower voice. xD I'm actually thinking about entering the karaoke contest with http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mm2PgBDZ21I which is basically my best range, though it sounds higher than that because I'm female and have a different voice tone.

I'll see about learning Happy Synthesizer.

I actually prefer singing Len songs over Gumi songs, so that works perfectly for Ah It's a Wonderful Cat's Life! That should be an easy song to learn!

So yeah, it all sounds good! But we should try to finalize at least SOME as soon as possible. Then when we're closer to September, we're only adding one song at a time, or something to that effect.

I guess, pick a small handful of songs you REALLY want to sing (I would say Choose Me is right at the top of MY list).
« Last Edit: July 08, 2012, 12:14:03 am by eritela »

Offline Chiroyo

• Chibi
    • My deviantART
« Reply #16 on: July 08, 2012, 10:29:28 am »
Ah, I'm planning on entering the contest as well, but with Melt as it suits my voice better (being high-pitched after all xD) Good luck to both of us~

Okay, then the songs that I really want to sing this year (and this is an open invitation to other people to join me):
-Choose Me (Looking for one person to take the part of female Hyadain)
-Ah It's a Wonderful Cat's Life
-Smiling (still need a few people to join)
-Cendrillon

Sticking with this for now, as you suggested, and adding more songs as we go.
cosplay 2011

Offline eritela

• Cabbit
« Reply #17 on: July 08, 2012, 11:20:56 am »
Okay, those songs sound good! I'll work on Smiling some on the off chance that we do find some people. How many do you think would be the minimum for that song? (I'll TRY to recruit my friend, but no promises.)

Step one (song "Choose Me" stuck in head) complete. When I have a song stuck in my head, I learn it faster, because I get annoyed if I don't remember all the lyrics so I'm always looking it up.

Am I singing Cat's Life for sure, then?
And are you doing Cendrillon with Hattsune?
« Last Edit: July 08, 2012, 12:06:42 pm by eritela »

Offline Chiroyo

• Chibi
    • My deviantART
« Reply #18 on: July 08, 2012, 12:28:42 pm »
For Smiling, I suppose at a minimum we need 3-4 people. I have a friend who'd be willing to sing it with us ;u;

Ahaha same as me xD I loop songs repeatedly to learn them ;u;

If you would sing Cat's Life with me, I'd be very happy ;u; so yes?
And if Hattsune is still up for Cendrillon with me, then I'd like to take her up on it. Of course, I can sing it more than once, with different people, but yeah.
cosplay 2011

Offline eritela

• Cabbit
« Reply #19 on: July 08, 2012, 12:36:00 pm »
My friend sounds like she might be up to singing Smiling! So we just need to divide the parts.

I'll gladly sing Cat's Life! I might even end up singing it a second time with my friend, since she seems to like the song.

I don't need to sing Cendrillon, but I'll keep practicing it because, if nothing else, it helps me practice my range.

Out of curiosity, which cosplays (if any) are you planning to do?

Offline Tacosu

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #20 on: July 08, 2012, 02:51:30 pm »
I'm planning on entering karaoke contest, but I'm in that stage where I am constantly changing what song I want to do. ;w; Happens every year.

I'm definitely up for learning Cendrillon still c:

As for cosplays, I'm doing Leia Rolando from Tales of Xillia, and fixing up my cosplay for Ijyuin Akira of CLAMP School Detectives. I need to work on my Leia cosplay. ;w; I definitely want to cosplay herrrrr.

Ah, I don't know if we'll get to all of the songs that have been suggested, so we can cut down a few from my list if we really need to ... I'm a panelist, since I think I'mma take a break from karaoke staff this year (though it has been suggested that I am wanted again for Karaoke staff ... we'll see what happens), so I'm gonna have a few panels to duck out for, definitely.

What songs are you guys wanting to do solo, while we're on that subject? I have one that I'm considering for karaoke contest ...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=trovOsiCaJw

Don't know if I'll be able to learn it in time, but oh maaaaan. *^* I originally wanted to sing 'Progress' by Ayumi Hamasaki, but ... I have no confidence in myself for that epic of a song.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gqugWmJmaIQ&feature=my_favorites&list=FLbZCOFHO4fhTdYsvTrtHQaw I also wanna sing this in Leia cosplay at least once. Even if I fail epically at it.

« Last Edit: July 08, 2012, 02:59:41 pm by Hattsune »

COSPLAYS FOR 2013:

Offline Chiroyo

• Chibi
    • My deviantART
« Reply #21 on: July 08, 2012, 05:04:52 pm »
Oh great~ I'll get to scripting Smiling ASAP then so that we can all start learning our parts ouo Err..would either you or your friend be willing to tackle some of the rapping sections? x'D

Oh wonderful~ *u* I'll learn Cat's Life then.

Yes, Cendrillon is wonderful for practicing range ;u;

My planned cosplays include Akaito, Neku Sakuraba from The World Ends With You, Black Rock Shooter, and Noctis from FF Versus 13

As for solo songs...I'm considering the following songs for the karaoke contest ;u; I also have that problem of not being to decide.
Departures: http://youtu.be/Reg6N31e-fU
Euterpe: http://youtu.be/PedxTnZRecQ
Melt: http://youtu.be/u0NIIZWrpmc
Rain Stops Goodbye: http://youtu.be/HYNdn6oii0w
I am such a vocaloid junkie ;u;

There are...a LOT of solo songs I want to sing ahaha ;u; I sort of tend to hang around the karaoke room all day

Taco, I listened to both of those songs you linked *A* I really like the first one ouo
« Last Edit: July 08, 2012, 05:06:07 pm by Chiroyo »
cosplay 2011

Offline Tacosu

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #22 on: July 08, 2012, 09:54:04 pm »
I decided to work really hard to learn New Day, New Life as my entry for the karaoke contest! And then I realized I forgot to put karaoke contest as one of the things that hopefully won't overlap with one of my panels |D; Whoops. But hopefully if that panel gets approved, it'll be on Sunday and not Saturday so that everything will be rainbows and butterflies and I can sing a pretty song for the contest.

I'll go back through all of the songs sometime in the next few days and let you guys know which ones I think I can do with you. I'm currently working a pretty long stretch of work days and my brain is like bluuuuuuuhhhhhhhh at the moment. xD And then my birthday is on Friday.

... also, I really need to change my forum username next year. XD So that people really will know me as Taco on the forums, l-lol.

COSPLAYS FOR 2013:

Offline eritela

• Cabbit
« Reply #23 on: July 08, 2012, 11:08:25 pm »
For Smiling rapping, well, I assume it's Japanese? (I've barely even looked at that song so far, focusing on Choose Me and Cat's Life.) That puts my friend down for a definite NO on the rapping. XD But I'm up for it! Just tell me what to learn, and I'll do my best to learn it!

I... might actually hang around the karaoke room mostly this time around. Last Kumoricon was my first convention so I was all "Ooh pretty colors!" and "...What am I supposed to be doing?" but mostly "HAPPY... PEOPLE... OVERLOAD..." And amusing my friend, who had never heard any joke about men with big swords, so I had her laughing almost endlessly at the Inuyasha guy with the giant sword.

Who knows, maybe I'll make a Kumoricon friend this time around. XD I avoided socialization oh-so-completely last time.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2012, 11:18:50 pm by eritela »

Offline Tacosu

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #24 on: July 09, 2012, 03:02:59 pm »
Chiroyo and I ended up meeting at last year's Kumoricon, so Kumoricon friends are definitely a good thing! c:

COSPLAYS FOR 2013:

Offline eritela

• Cabbit
« Reply #25 on: July 09, 2012, 03:34:49 pm »
Well, at the very least I'll have met the two of you!

Oh, and for the Smiling, it'd be best for my friend to have easier parts. She doesn't take to Japanese songs as quickly as I do.

Offline Chiroyo

• Chibi
    • My deviantART
« Reply #26 on: July 09, 2012, 04:17:40 pm »
Yes, the rapping is in Japanese. I'll be working on the script these few days (when I'm not trying to catch up with my summer classes ahahah ^^') I'll be sure to script easier parts for your friend. Do you have any idea what type of vocal range is easiest for her?

ahaha so this is your second con? :3 my first con was spent hanging around the karaoke room all day, so the karaoke room has a special place in my mind xD

Kumoricon friends are definitely good eue I became very attached to taco last year hohohoh <3 It'll be good to make friends with you in person as well :3
cosplay 2011

Offline eritela

• Cabbit
« Reply #27 on: July 09, 2012, 10:12:24 pm »
Er, I imagine hers goes as high my comfortable level, but not so low. I don't know if she can go any higher than I can or not. Right now she's without a voice, so she can't really test notes.

Smiling is pretty much all comfortably within my range, so it's safe to assume it's hers too. Range isn't much of a consideration for that song. I am reasonably sure I can consistently reach the highest notes if I'm warmed up. And the lowest are a very comfortable range. My friend might not prefer the lower parts, though.

So maybe try to keep her away from the lowest parts. Just some simple parts, no rapping.

Give me whatever you want. I don't know Taco's range so I don't know if she wants lower or not.

Eh, would Taco be able to sing Choose Me? She could be the third person...?

Offline Chiroyo

• Chibi
    • My deviantART
« Reply #28 on: July 10, 2012, 09:02:49 pm »
Ahh okay, I'll take her range into consideration when scripting ouo

I actually already found a third person to sing Choose Me with us~ ;u; she's a really sweet girl and I met her at kumoricon last year as well.
cosplay 2011

Offline eritela

• Cabbit
« Reply #29 on: July 10, 2012, 11:22:13 pm »
Ah, that works! So long as we can sing that song one way or another.

Do you have karaoke tracks for the songs you want to sing?

Offline Chiroyo

• Chibi
    • My deviantART
« Reply #30 on: July 13, 2012, 03:02:26 pm »
Sorry, was busy the last few days so my reply is late ahah ;u;

I do have karaoke tracks for all the songs I want to sing 8D I can get instrumentals for virtually any vocaloid song, and for many anime songs.
cosplay 2011

Offline eritela

• Cabbit
« Reply #31 on: July 13, 2012, 08:01:38 pm »
Okay, sounds good! I'm starting to get the feeling I'm going to be spending a lot of time in the karaoke room this time... xD

Out of curiosity, which new Vocaloids of Vocaloid 3 would you say are your favorites? And which of the older ones do you like best?
« Last Edit: July 13, 2012, 08:03:48 pm by eritela »

Offline Chiroyo

• Chibi
    • My deviantART
« Reply #32 on: July 15, 2012, 10:50:24 am »
8'D I spend a lot of time in the karaoke room all the time ahaha.

Hmm....out of the newer vocaloids, I haven't been paying as much attention recently but I'm fond of IA and Aoki Lapis?
Out of the older ones, Kaito is my favorite <3 I like Luka's voice, but I like the character design of Rin and Len very much as well xD how about you?
cosplay 2011

Offline eritela

• Cabbit
« Reply #33 on: July 15, 2012, 11:33:29 am »
Out of the older Vocaloids, Kaito is my favorite for sure. I think Luka would be second. I also really like the character design of Rin and Len. xD

For the newer ones, I own Mew (who does well on Luka/Len/Meiko type songs) and VY1V3 (who sounds good for songs made for Rin or Miku). And Oliver, for English.

I'm mostly waiting for the Kaito append!! xD But I am thinking about buying Yukari and maybe IA. And the remakes of Lily and maybe Gackpoid. Unfortunately, none of those four are on the Vocaloid website for download, which makes them a little more expensive to get on eBay. Vocaloid only has Mew, VY1V3, Aoki, and ToneRion for download.

Now that I've heard a song in CUL's lower range, I actually kind of like her voice. It's just that EVERYONE uses her in too high of range which sounds really annoying. Aoki is sweet, but I don't think I'd ever use her voice. I don't like ToneRion at all.

I just wish they'd make an adult English for V3, and a new adult male for Japanese. Or hurry up in getting Kaito out. I'd actually prefer that. xD

Ack, sorry, I'm rambling. xD I shouldn't even be talking about buying more Vocaloids for a while since I need to save up for Kumoricon, among other things... (I don't even know why I buy Vocaloids - I'm not that good at using them, and I don't even write songs yet...) Ack, sorry, rambling again.

On another topic, do you have any interest in fanfiction?
« Last Edit: July 15, 2012, 11:36:17 am by eritela »

Offline Chiroyo

• Chibi
    • My deviantART
« Reply #34 on: July 15, 2012, 03:53:09 pm »
Ahh I really like VY2 ;u; his voice is lovely~ --can you tell I'm drawn to male vocaloids oTL--

I've been waiting for Kaito append for AGES QAQ they're taking so long in finishing it aghagah.

You're writing vocaloid songs? *u* I didn't know that~

Mmm not as much ;u; I've been scarred by some uhh...lemon fictions I found on fanfiction upon my first visit there x'D
cosplay 2011

Offline eritela

• Cabbit
« Reply #35 on: July 16, 2012, 12:40:13 am »
Male vocaloids are the best! But apparently the female high-pitched ones are far more popular, so that's what they're making...

I haven't done much actual writing. Mostly I'm just remaking songs (like having Mew sing Accordion in Golden Sunset). I haven't managed a full song of my own yet.

That sounds like my first impression of fanfiction. xD One of my friends is really into Draco/Harry slash fanfiction... I don't even like romance, much less boy/boy lemon types. But then I discovered time travel fanfics and fandom crossover fanfics. A few months ago I would swear I read all of the Fullmetal Alchemist/Harry Potter crossovers that existed at that time... Of course, I have a tendency to get slightly (well... significantly...) obsessed with the fantasy stories I read, so fanfiction is just the embodiment of 'what ifs' that extend the books/manga/video games I love. xD Anyway, enough of that.

What are your favorite books/TV shows/movies/manga/video games, etc? I'm always looking for new stories.

And do you know any good story Vocaloid songs? Like the Daughter of Evil series has a good story.

Offline Chiroyo

• Chibi
    • My deviantART
« Reply #36 on: July 16, 2012, 05:32:04 pm »
;u; I'm surprised that male vocaloids aren't as popular. Oddly enough, I'm not too fond of Gakupo's voice (the tone sounds a bit too wavery for my taste).

Ahhh~ If you do write any songs, would you care to show me sometime? ouo I love listening to original songs~

ahaah x'D yeah, needless to say, I didn't have a good first impression of fanfiction. I'll try to give it another go, though.

Hmmm, recently speaking, have you watched Guilty Crown? It's a really great anime ;u; as for games...I love The World Ends With You for nintendo DS *u*

hmmm. I haven't listened to as many "story-heavy" ones lately, (most of the story-heavy ones tend to be rin/len songs ahah). Kokoro is really famous, but it made me cry ahaha x'D
cosplay 2011

Offline eritela

• Cabbit
« Reply #37 on: July 16, 2012, 06:13:38 pm »
The best and worst thing with Vocaloids is that people use them how they want. People tend to use Gakupo (and CUL, and VY1V3, etc, etc, etc) in ways I don't like at all. I do much prefer Kaito's voice over Gakupo's (except on Thousand Year Solo with Kaito append... I don't like that style), but Gakupo doesn't sound bad if used correctly. But yeah, he's not my favorite, which is why I'm hoping Kaito will be out soon.

Probably the first song of my own I complete would be English, since I'm not fluent in Japanese yet and would be terrified of doing something wrong. xD But I'll be sure to tell you when I have a song finished.

Fanfiction is definitely worth a second go, in my opinion!

Guilty Crown? I've never even heard of it. I'll look it up! And The World Ends With You... wow, that's expensive on eBay xD What's it about?

I'll have to listen to Kokoro. I'm sure I'll recognize the tune, since I believe I have it.

When do you think you'll have the Smiling parts figured out by?

Offline Chiroyo

• Chibi
    • My deviantART
« Reply #38 on: July 17, 2012, 10:59:59 pm »
Yeah..I'm not as fond of Gakupo songs ;u;

I see *u* have you heard of Apol on youtube? He composes lovely vocaloid songs, many of them English.

Guilty Crown is amazing~ I highly recommend it. The World Ends With You is about a boy named Neku who has to survive a 7-day game and complete missions with his partners from day to day, or be erased from the world. It's really original and has a very individual feel to it.

Kokoro is a lovely song *u* I wouldn't be surprised if you'd heard it before.

Ahh I'll get it up by tomorrow night @_@ I'm so sorry about the delay; a lot of things have been happening lately
cosplay 2011

Offline eritela

• Cabbit
« Reply #39 on: July 18, 2012, 05:29:05 pm »
I'll look Apol up. Maybe that'll motivate me enough to get working harder on my own songs. xD

((EDIT: 6 hours later, and I have indeed written my own song (English) by modifying one of my poems and putting it to music and Oliver. xD))

And I'll look at Guilty Crown. The World Ends With You does sound unique! If I can find a cheaper copy, I'll definitely buy it.

The delay's no problem, I just wanted to double check. I know how time has a tendency to slip away. xD

I just hope Kumoricon gets their schedule up pretty soon. I suppose it doesn't matter THAT much, but I tend to plan obsessively. Oh, well.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2012, 11:27:31 pm by eritela »

Offline Tacosu

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #40 on: July 24, 2012, 02:49:12 am »
Orz. So, lots of crap has happened this year and there's more crap happening after KCon that I need to save money for ... unfortunately this means I will not be doing cosplay this year so that I can save money for moving in the months afterward.

I'm like, really unmotivated to do anything for Kumoricon Idol this year as a result of all the stuff that's gone on in the past year too, so I'm probably gonna pull myself out of KCon Idol .... I'm asking Haru to see if he still needs Karaoke staffers though. I'm definitely still gonna sing in open mic with you guys. For suuuuure. ♥
« Last Edit: July 24, 2012, 02:52:56 am by Hattsune »

COSPLAYS FOR 2013:

Offline Chiroyo

• Chibi
    • My deviantART
« Reply #41 on: July 28, 2012, 07:39:17 pm »
I apologize; I've been away the last few days, but I'm back now ^^;
cosplay 2011

Offline eritela

• Cabbit
« Reply #42 on: July 29, 2012, 09:43:21 am »
No problem ^^

One month until Kumoricon, basically... I need to work on my sewing for my new outfit.

I have a feeling I'm going to mess up badly when singing Cat's Life... I don't know why. I'll try to practice it more, hehe.

Offline Chiroyo

• Chibi
    • My deviantART
« Reply #43 on: August 04, 2012, 02:59:18 pm »
Good god, with everything going on I completely forgot to check these forums @_@

I have the script ready for smiling, at least ;u; I'll upload it later when I get home.
cosplay 2011

Offline eritela

• Cabbit
« Reply #44 on: August 04, 2012, 09:40:16 pm »
It's fine! I completely understand! (My job has become quite hectic since it's summer and I work at Dairy Queen... so yeah, you can imagine how that goes. I can't wait for school to start again so I have a lighter work schedule.)

Sounds great! I've been practicing all parts of Smiling, but I would like to know what parts to focus on since some give me trouble still. I like being able to categorize things as "obsess over perfecting it" or "not my problem!". :P

Offline Tacosu

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #45 on: August 12, 2012, 11:03:17 pm »
So, my job has literally had two people quit in the past month. My time off for the con is going to be denied. I won't be able to make it to the con this year at all. :(

Have fun, though! I'll see you guys next year, for sure.

COSPLAYS FOR 2013:

Offline Chiroyo

• Chibi
    • My deviantART
« Reply #46 on: August 13, 2012, 10:16:03 pm »
So, my job has literally had two people quit in the past month. My time off for the con is going to be denied. I won't be able to make it to the con this year at all. :(

Have fun, though! I'll see you guys next year, for sure.

oh no QAQ I'm really sorry to hear that DX I was kind of looking forward to seeing you again. I guess it can't be helped though ;u;
cosplay 2011

Offline Tacosu

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #47 on: August 20, 2012, 02:37:32 pm »
Yeah, I was looking forward to it, too, but circumstances at work are so bad right now that they really kinda need me there. :( Oh well. Next year!

Also, I demand we get a giant PONPONPON group going in the karaoke room next year.

And I have another song I wanna duet with someone!! I rediscovered Juvenile, one of Rin and Len's duets, and ohman I forgot how much I loved that song. *^* Here, just in case nobody knows it. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uqnwgAEwjB4

COSPLAYS FOR 2013:

Offline Chiroyo

• Chibi
    • My deviantART
« Reply #48 on: August 22, 2012, 11:32:30 am »
Yeah, I was looking forward to it, too, but circumstances at work are so bad right now that they really kinda need me there. :( Oh well. Next year!

Also, I demand we get a giant PONPONPON group going in the karaoke room next year.

And I have another song I wanna duet with someone!! I rediscovered Juvenile, one of Rin and Len's duets, and ohman I forgot how much I loved that song. *^* Here, just in case nobody knows it. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uqnwgAEwjB4

I approve of that ponponpon group. 8D
cosplay 2011