Author Topic: anime club  (Read 7060 times)

Offline Spit

• Sailor Scout
    • http://thebakaotaku.topcities.com
anime club
« on: September 08, 2005, 07:50:01 pm »
this is gunna be kindof small i guess, but Emmie and I would like to start another anime club (i know theres one at i think pcc...but i can never make it there) so for people who live close or can get to lloyd center easily. we are going to try and have a anime club at Benson High school. if it doesn't work out we're thinking we could have meetings at the park in front of the hotel or if we want to watch some stuff we all could go to her house or mine. (we just thought of this today so it might take awhile for the actual thing but tomorrow i will ask me school if its ok.) so im just wondering how many people would actually come.
(we might get some free dvds and win some prizes!!!!) so please join!!! just PM if you REALLY want to.
mention this to me and watch the weather change.
--------------------------------------
Sakura-Con/Kumori-Con 08-10:
Bubble Head Nurse-100%
Zapdos-20%

Offline Roy_in_a_skirt

• Sailor Scout
anime club
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2005, 10:07:14 pm »
You can count me in, and I can spread the word to the Cleveland otaku.

*glomps*
~Jungle
Kumoricon 2005 I went as Roy Mustang and wore a skirt on Monday with a note saying "I lost a bet with Hawkeye" attached to it, hence the username.
'06: Shuuhei
'07: Doumeki Haruka
'08: Kurogane
'09: Wolfwood (sort of)
'10: Gakuran-style uniform

Offline Kasuni

• Sailor Scout
    • http://www.livejournal.com/users/kasuni_emily
anime club
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2005, 01:19:17 am »
Heeeey! I've gotten like 5-10 people from my school interested ^^ This is going to be uber o.o If you can, try and get on IM this weekend and we can work out details <3

Anyone you got to be interested, let me know :D I'll make a list of names and shtuff. And a questionaire thing. Because I'm overly organized o.o ahhh!

~Emmie
Everybody needs a hug ^^ Tell me if you haven't had your needs met!!!

Offline Kimiski

• Bunnygirl
    • Kimiski's Artwork
anime club
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2005, 05:33:14 pm »
Hey, thats a great idea. Unfortunately, I live in Salem.

For those of you who can't make it up there all day and live near or in Salem, Douglas McKay Highschool has an anime club every friday around 2:30 to 4:30 after school in one of the upstairs classrooms. Our first meeting is this coming Friday to decide which anime we will watch for the 05-06 school year.

There is also a game/anime club that rarnom should beable to tell you more about then me. Next meeting is in October at Chemeketa Community College. Look for him for more details on that one. ^_-

YAHHHH! Keep anime going!!!!

Attendee since: 2004
Volunteer since: 2010
Staffer since: 2012

Offline rarnom

• Chibi
anime club
« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2005, 11:38:17 am »
Quote from: "kimiski"
For those of you who can't make it up there all day and live near or in Salem, Douglas McKay Highschool has an anime club every friday around 2:30 to 4:30 after school in one of the upstairs classrooms. Our first meeting is this coming Friday to decide which anime we will watch for the 05-06 school year.

Yeah, I go to the McKay club meetings sometimes and they are very cool.

There is also a game/anime club that rarnom should beable to tell you more about then me. Next meeting is in October at Chemeketa Community College. Look for him for more details on that one. ^_-

We are currently figuring out just what our next big event will be.  The tenative date is going to be either the 28th or 29th of October.  We are also looking into having it at a different location, somewhere off campus.  These are of course still just ideas and we will probably be getting together in the next few weeks to plan.  I'll be sure to post as soon as we figure it all out. :)
The trick is not minding.

Offline Sinaj

• Chibi
anime club
« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2005, 12:55:49 pm »
You all know about ADVocate program over at ADV right?

Basically you get free ADV preview DVDs every month to see episodes of series before they come out and a chance to win prizes and promo items.  

The fine print is that to be eligible for Anime ADVocates, your club needs to be SPONSORED by a High School, College or Public Library in the United States, and have 10 or more active members. This means the club has to be part of your school (or library) much like the school chess club, french club, photography club only it would be the school anime club).

Here's the Official Link

Enjoy!

Offline Spit

• Sailor Scout
anime club
« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2005, 01:29:00 pm »
Quote from: "Sinaj"

Basically you get free ADV preview DVDs every month to see episodes of series before they come out and a chance to win prizes and promo items.  

The fine print is that to be eligible for Anime ADVocates, your club needs to be SPONSORED by a High School, College or Public Library in the United States, and have 10 or more active members. This means the club has to be part of your school (or library) much like the school chess club, french club, photography club only it would be the school anime club).

Here's the Official Link

Enjoy!

thats the whole reason why i want to start one. XD
Bubble Head Nurse-100%
Zapdos-20%

Offline Irnogs

• Chibi
anime club
« Reply #7 on: September 11, 2005, 07:27:27 pm »
Quote from: "rarnom"

We are currently figuring out just what our next big event will be.  The tenative date is going to be either the 28th or 29th of October.  We are also looking into having it at a different location, somewhere off campus.  These are of course still just ideas and we will probably be getting together in the next few weeks to plan.  I'll be sure to post as soon as we figure it all out. :)

Alright, well from what I know right now we will have the next party on Friday October 28th starting at 10pm and ending at 7am Saturday, October 29th. It will be off campus, and we are currently negotiating to have it at the Blue Pepper in downtown Salem (Commercial St.). I've been told that we just need to work out a few details to get this party going, so it seems pretty likely at this point that that's what will happen.

I'll be sure to put up confirmation of this when I have it.

Offline rarnom

• Chibi
anime club
« Reply #8 on: September 11, 2005, 09:48:03 pm »
Quote from: "Sinaj"

There is also the FUNImation program called 'Operation Anime' and Bandai has a sponsorship group too.  They have been very generous with prize boxes for events.  For our May event FUNImation sent us a box with like 15 dvds to giveaway.  nice.

@Spit
I will be sending you the info on this and other stuff soon.  I know you got my PM at the Etherguild forums and tomorrow when I am at my good computer at work I'll send you all that info I promised. :)
The trick is not minding.

Offline Spit

• Sailor Scout
anime club
« Reply #9 on: September 15, 2005, 08:07:25 pm »
thank you so much!!!!

my anime club is going very well the first meeting is saturday 24th. and i finally named it! its called....Baka Otaku!
Bubble Head Nurse-100%
Zapdos-20%

Offline Kasuni

• Sailor Scout
    • http://www.livejournal.com/users/kasuni_emily
anime club
« Reply #10 on: September 15, 2005, 08:09:04 pm »
We are the uber Baka Otaku people =3 and we want everyone who loves us to join. Because we'll love you!!!! A LOT O.O
Everybody needs a hug ^^ Tell me if you haven't had your needs met!!!

Offline the candyman

• Cabbit
anime club
« Reply #11 on: September 16, 2005, 12:22:40 pm »
NOOT NOOT
I AM PURE NINJA... but also owned by Thejew... and Waffles... T_T

Offline oishiidesuyo

• Chibi
anime club
« Reply #12 on: September 16, 2005, 03:50:29 pm »
I live kinda far ... but if you guys have anything 'big' going on, I can try and make a special visit. :3
[size=9]FOOL! two swords and a hat don't make a samurai!!![/size]
http://htttp://www.shiroikaze.deviantart.com

Anonymous

anime club
« Reply #13 on: September 18, 2005, 02:55:08 am »
i WOULD go... but I'm in college... something doesn't seem right about me joining a high school club

Offline rygoody

• Cabbit
anime club
« Reply #14 on: September 18, 2005, 02:56:28 am »
Quote from: "Anonymous"
i WOULD go... but I'm in college... something doesn't seem right about me joining a high school club

oops, that was me, im not used to the ability to post as a guest  :(

Offline Spit

• Sailor Scout
anime club
« Reply #15 on: October 07, 2005, 01:33:38 pm »
awwe how cute! college kid! *glomps* i wuv you. so yea...i finally made a website, its still needing some more stuff...but yea...(anyone know how to make a really cool forum? message board thing?)

thebakaotaku.topcities.com
Bubble Head Nurse-100%
Zapdos-20%

Offline guspasho

• Bunnygirl
anime club
« Reply #16 on: October 07, 2005, 01:51:24 pm »
You'll have to see if your server will support some of these things, but get yourself a mySQL database set up and install phpBB. A few others are more popular but phpBB is the only free one I know of. There is a link to phpBB's website at the bottom of every page, they can give you more information.
2008 Facilities Liaison

Offline Seraph

• Bunnygirl
anime club
« Reply #17 on: October 07, 2005, 01:58:11 pm »
@rygoody
why try finding a college anime club then?
"Hm, the Moe is strong with this one..."
Kylite-"You and your TV Tropes!"<Refering to This Troper's ruined voc

Offline Kimiski

• Bunnygirl
    • Kimiski's Artwork
anime club
« Reply #18 on: October 08, 2005, 04:13:24 pm »
Quote from: "rygoody"
Quote from: "Anonymous"

oops, that was me, im not used to the ability to post as a guest  :(

Bah, come n e way! We get people from classes that have graduated coming in randomly. Right now were in the middle of watching Evangelion.

Offline Spit

• Sailor Scout
anime club
« Reply #19 on: October 08, 2005, 05:50:45 pm »

Bah, come n e way! We get people from classes that have graduated coming in randomly. Right now were in the middle of watching Evangelion.

your talking about your anime club, not mine. there haven't been any meetings yet...>_<;;;  

oh well^_^;
Bubble Head Nurse-100%
Zapdos-20%

Offline rygoody

• Cabbit
anime club
« Reply #20 on: October 09, 2005, 08:25:07 pm »
oop

Offline Kimiski

• Bunnygirl
    • Kimiski's Artwork
anime club
« Reply #21 on: October 13, 2005, 10:08:18 pm »
Quote from: "rygoody"

when and where do you have meetings? I could prolly stop by, I'm in NW portland alot.

Quote from: "Kurimono"
@rygoody
why try finding a college anime club then?

my college isnt really one that has clubs of any sort (AIPD)

Ahhhh!!! Im sorry if Im confusing people who read this forum. Spit is the one thinking of making a new anime club with her friend. I was just saying that If people live in Salem and cant make it to that one there is one Held at McKay high school Firday's at 2:30. IM SORRY SPIT!!!!!!! ><