Author Topic: The PDX Lolita Group  (Read 2948 times)

Offline TalaRedWolf33

• Bunnygirl
    • Full Moon Crochet
The PDX Lolita Group
« on: April 21, 2012, 03:06:59 pm »
Hello all!

My name is Tala here, but my real name is Kaitlynne.
This is a message to all those who may possibly, and hopefully, share my views about cosplay and lolita. I have seen several people on here who want to do lolita as a cosplay, like myself, and those same people have come to me with concerns about the Lolita Thread here on the forums. I WILL NOT name names, as I do not want to start a fight, I simply want to bring to attention the contents of the thread.

I have been talking with many people, mainly girls and a couple guys, who feel they are not welcome in the Lolita Thread because of past events and some comments made. Once again, I will not name names. I just want to let you know, and you know who you are, that there is now a place for you to come and discuss opening your views and opinions of lolita and all the different sub-styles of the lolita fashion. Please note that I said FASHION and not LIFESTYLE. This group is open to those who partake in the lolita lifestyle as well, but be warned, the majority of our members will most likely only be those who cosplay lolita or only wear it on the con weekends.
They will be the ones who welcome cosplay lolita, steampunk lolita, pirate lolita, and the other forms of sub-styles of lolita that have been mentioned as "frowned upon" or "ita lita" or "poor lolita". The sub-styles that people tell us aren't real lolita styles.
The fact is, they are. Lolita is a fashion, and like all fashions, they grow and expand to welcome and express all different views of that fashion. The rules of the lolita fashion have changed and grown.

This group is a place for those who welcome that change. Please come join us and feel the love ^-^
 http://m.facebook.com/groups/277134295709600
« Last Edit: April 21, 2012, 03:08:11 pm by TalaRedWolf33 »

Offline TalaRedWolf33

• Bunnygirl
    • Full Moon Crochet
Re: The PDX Lolita Group
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2012, 11:49:20 am »
Bump

Offline Titus_Love_Doll

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2012, 10:21:43 pm »
YAY

Offline VictorianMess

• Sailor Scout
    • Facebook
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2012, 11:35:27 pm »
Sounds like an awesome group. I sent a request to join.
2014 cosplays

Sharon- Pandora Hearts
Seth- Trinity Blood

Offline Runa

• Catgirl
« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2012, 05:48:19 pm »
Good idea.... yes, there are Lolita "purists", but there are many who would like to experiment with lolita (as cosplay) who find that the "true / purist" lolitas sneer at them (rather than accept that it's a rather nice outfit).   Basically, cosplay is (to some degree) a kind of "fashion" - it's imaginary fashion, but I HAVE seen outfits (within the past few years) created by certain couture houses that remind me of some anime character's outfit that I'd seen years ago....

Offline Titus_Love_Doll

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2012, 06:31:26 pm »
yeah Ashally Lolita is still cosplay no matter what even in japan it is called cosplay with some people even those designer dresses

Offline Runa

• Catgirl
« Reply #6 on: July 08, 2012, 02:34:20 pm »
OK, opinions here: generally speaking cosplay doesn't have an "age limit", though older cosplayers typically choose characters who are portrayed as older (that is, someone who's over 40 likely isn't going to dress up as a high school girl...wait, never mind, *I* did that (Haruhi Suzumiya).....but is likely going to dress as some older character just because it "fits" better). Is there an age at which it would be considered "improper" to dress Lolita? Or as long as your costume is appropriately Lolita it's "OK", despite the wrinkles and grey hair. 

Offline Titus_Love_Doll

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #7 on: July 08, 2012, 02:41:19 pm »
I ashally now A woman who is about 56 57 who wears lolita but she wears the more adult look to it then the candy color dresses. She also wears Aristocat lolita as well ^^. really no age limit on lolita or cosplay. if people put an age limit on cosplay or anything els i find it to be unfair act. even my mom cosplays for halloween and she wore my Ciel once. and my lolita once as well