Author Topic: (WANTED) Cosplay Katana Commission  (Read 4368 times)

Offline Spifferiffic

• Sailor Scout
(WANTED) Cosplay Katana Commission
« on: April 20, 2012, 09:24:27 am »
So, this year one of my cosplays will be Tashigi from One Piece, but I'm not so good at doing props myself. (You may have seen me two years ago as female Skypeia Zoro and/or last year as Raine from Tales of Symphonia. I actually like the staff I made for Raine pretty well, but the swords were iffy...)

Back to now. The katana, Shigure, looks like this:
Color image: http://images.wikia.com/onepiece/images/d/dc/Shigure.PNG
Black and white, but full image: http://images.wikia.com/onepiece/images/e/e3/Kashū.gif

I would like it to be cosplay allowed, so I'm not looking for a live steel replica. It also doesn't need to be a full three feet long or anything. It can also be permanently sheath-bound if that makes it any easier.

Willing to pay via Paypal, money order, check, pretty much whatever.

I would prefer to have it by K-con 2012, but I can always reuse the cosplay, if time is too short.

Any takers?

Offline Titus_Love_Doll

• Bunnygirl
Re: (WANTED) Cosplay Katana Commission
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2012, 10:51:08 am »
^^ i know someone whos good at makeing props let me give you her info
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1275276553

She really good

Offline Drauska

• Catgirl
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2012, 12:24:55 pm »
LOL thanks for the compliment Titus.  I clicked the link and it went to my FB page.  LOL.   ;D

Unfortunately I don't think I will have enough time to make it for this year's con.  I have my Desert punk to finish which is a challenge and my sister wants Marluxia's scythe this year as well.  Plus I'm hoping to move to a new apartment this summer.  

Spifferiffic if you live in the Portland area you should check out the year round Halloween store in Beaverton off of Hwy 217 on Canyon across the street from Panda Express.  They probably have plastic Katana's that can easily be doctored to look like Shigure with some help from Jo-Anne or Michael :)

« Last Edit: April 20, 2012, 12:36:58 pm by Drauska »

Offline Manganix78

• Catgirl
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2012, 12:44:38 pm »
I would really like to help, but I know next to nothing about making cosplay weapons/props!

That and I'm trying to figure out how to make them in the first place.......

Offline Drauska

• Catgirl
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2012, 02:20:23 pm »
I can always give advice...plus I know of a couple other folks that do commissions as well.

Offline Manganix78

• Catgirl
« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2012, 02:26:55 pm »
I can always give advice...plus I know of a couple other folks that do commissions as well.

PM me for what kind of advice(as long as the materials aren't too expensive!).

Offline EveofAbyss

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2012, 02:44:21 pm »
This guy is our prop man. He made my wife's sword for her Lia de Beaumont last year (seen here and here). He also made this great looking thing.

So, if you like what you see, contact him through Facebook. I can't guarantee he'll be able to make it, but you can at least run it by him.

Buy my book of poems!
Lord Otaku commands you!