Author Topic: BJD Gathering?  (Read 5700 times)

Offline Heirii

• Cabbit
BJD Gathering?
« on: April 15, 2012, 04:42:44 pm »
I'm not sure if this is the right place to put this but its about gatherings so...

I was wondering if anyone is having a gathering for BJDs this year? I just got into the hobby and it would be nice to meet some others in the area that like it as well. c: I know last time i went to K-con (back in '10), i saw some people with their BJDs which was cool to see. Anyways, if someone could help me out i would really appreciate it!
Plans '13:
Madokami - PMMM
Park Bom - Lollipop MV
Mabel - Gravity Falls

Offline 4evaRyuk

• Sailor Scout
Re: BJD Gathering?
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2012, 08:17:06 pm »
If a BJD meeting is held I will be extremely happy! I've been into the hobby since last Nov-Dec and have been wanting one. Let's just say mum thinks it's a scam for money (since their so much money) and if I can meet others who have them she said I could have one. So please someone do a meetup!
Don't call me small I'll break down your feet and stick 'em on your head!

Offline Heirii

• Cabbit
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2012, 11:50:29 am »
If a BJD meeting is held I will be extremely happy! I've been into the hobby since last Nov-Dec and have been wanting one. Let's just say mum thinks it's a scam for money (since their so much money) and if I can meet others who have them she said I could have one. So please someone do a meetup!
You're right, they are! Ive been saving up my money to get one. I plan on getting the Asleep Eidolon Cherry girl. I'll hopefully have it by August. :D Though, my parents think its a big waste of money, im gonna spend it at K-con anyways. It would be so cool to meet others and see their BJDs. What sculpt do you wanna get? c:
Plans '13:
Madokami - PMMM
Park Bom - Lollipop MV
Mabel - Gravity Falls

Offline 4evaRyuk

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2012, 06:40:31 pm »
I was thinking a Fairyland Pukipuki Ante, start off small then go bigger and bigger

Offline Heirii

• Cabbit
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2012, 09:47:49 pm »
I was thinking a Fairyland Pukipuki Ante, start off small then go bigger and bigger
Aww, how adorable! What a cute sculpt! <3
Thats smart. I would probably do that too though i'd worry i would break or lose it because they're so small and things those size aren't very good in my house. ">n> Dogs and small children don't mix very well with BJDs. Hahah.
Plans '13:
Madokami - PMMM
Park Bom - Lollipop MV
Mabel - Gravity Falls

Offline AndreDreams

• Oni
« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2012, 11:40:00 am »
I know last year they had planned a meetup a day. If I see anything on Den of Angels I'll let you know?
Irene Adler
Captain America dancer
Professor Pyg
Spike(?)

Offline 4evaRyuk

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2012, 04:30:41 pm »
I have a dog who loves to chew on my things so I'll have to be extra careful. But if I can find anything better (cheaper) on Junkyspot I might just buy it off of there.

Offline Titus_Love_Doll

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #7 on: April 18, 2012, 10:33:23 pm »
Mintoncard Is were i get mine from they are a 6 month payment thing and the dolls are lovely

Offline Heirii

• Cabbit
« Reply #8 on: April 19, 2012, 12:23:38 pm »
I know last year they had planned a meetup a day. If I see anything on Den of Angels I'll let you know?
YES! Thank you!
Plans '13:
Madokami - PMMM
Park Bom - Lollipop MV
Mabel - Gravity Falls

Offline Heirii

• Cabbit
« Reply #9 on: April 19, 2012, 12:30:36 pm »
I have a dog who loves to chew on my things so I'll have to be extra careful. But if I can find anything better (cheaper) on Junkyspot I might just buy it off of there.
Like Titus said, Mint on Card has some nice dolls. I was actually planning to buy from them. In my opinion, even though Junkyspot is super super good, i think MoC has a much bigger variety and they're a little cheaper. :) They do layaways too. Junkyspot does them sometimes, but they're not doing them at the moment.
Plans '13:
Madokami - PMMM
Park Bom - Lollipop MV
Mabel - Gravity Falls

Offline Titus_Love_Doll

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #10 on: April 19, 2012, 05:04:38 pm »
I dont like junkyspot we orded a droll for a friend and we did the faceup the doll didnt even have that or lasted that long feel apart with in days we sent it back and yet to get a retune or money back

Offline 4evaRyuk

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #11 on: April 19, 2012, 05:46:52 pm »
Mintoncard it is! Such cute dolls and the munie idea is cool.

Offline Titus_Love_Doll

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #12 on: April 19, 2012, 07:14:26 pm »
Mintoncard it is! Such cute dolls and the munie idea is cool.

i know right and i found my dream doll on there ^^ i like the points so i can get clothing and stuff

Offline Heirii

• Cabbit
« Reply #13 on: April 21, 2012, 06:24:34 pm »
I dont like junkyspot we orded a droll for a friend and we did the faceup the doll didnt even have that or lasted that long feel apart with in days we sent it back and yet to get a retune or money back
Oh really? I have seen great reviews on them, but i guess it depends on the person. Im sorry to hear about that. ;n;
Plans '13:
Madokami - PMMM
Park Bom - Lollipop MV
Mabel - Gravity Falls

Offline 4evaRyuk

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #14 on: April 29, 2012, 12:06:58 am »
Does anyone here (or know anyone) who owns a Hujoo? I was watching one of AsenvaBJD's review videos for the purple wings hujoo and not only is it adorable but extremely cheap.

Offline Havilah

• Cabbit
« Reply #15 on: July 23, 2012, 01:40:29 pm »
Sorry to be bumping something so old, but I was curious if there are any others planning on bringing their bjd(s) to Kumoricon this year. I will at least be bringing my 70cm guy dressed as Sebastian Michaelis when I am in my Grell costume---but I hadn't heard of an actual meet being planned. If there is anyone else bringing dolls I might bring both of my SDs. I also have a friend who I am 90% sure will be bringing her MSD.

Offline Titus_Love_Doll

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #16 on: July 24, 2012, 04:23:51 pm »
:O oyy dose pullip go with the BJD thing o.O

Offline Havilah

• Cabbit
« Reply #17 on: July 30, 2012, 06:22:00 pm »
Uhh, I think so. ^^
I've never seen a Pullip in person before!

Offline Titus_Love_Doll

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #18 on: July 30, 2012, 06:43:37 pm »
:O mine is ubber cute

Offline Titus_Love_Doll

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #19 on: August 01, 2012, 03:22:31 pm »

This is hailey she is my pullip She my baby and a joy to have she a punk as well T_T and runs away with the dog alot or hides in her bedroom all day with her black butler rabbit that i made her she is cosplay human luna from sailor moon :3 so if you see her at con please ask away i made her cosplay as well

Offline 4evaRyuk

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #20 on: August 01, 2012, 11:02:38 pm »
Aw I can't wait to meet her! I'll make sure to get some pictures of her!

Offline Titus_Love_Doll

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #21 on: August 08, 2012, 07:30:38 pm »
yeah shes soo cute i need to get her a new body o.o the one she has isent doing to well cheep people oh well lol yeah shes way cute

Offline GinKyubiKitsune

• Chibi
« Reply #22 on: August 24, 2012, 11:32:12 am »
Oh i would love to do this! i'm actually aiming to get a bjd so i can learn how to make them and then make and sell them. but do custom ones since i know some people really want ones that are done to what they want or a faverit character.. i'm hoping to have enough money for it by October to buy some.
Kumoricon 2012 Cosplay

Kaizen Shade - Blood Jew'l - 50%
Dark Mousy - Dn Angel - 50%
Akefla - Yugioh - 75%