Convention Events and Programming > Elections Archives

Nominations for 2006 Executives

(1/6) > >>

EvilMonkey:
Here's a list of the executive positions along with brief summaries.

Chair: The Chair of Kumoricon is the primary lead for the convention.  The Chair is the one person that all departments report to, and is the person that is ultimately responsible for the running of the con.  He/She is a decision maker, as well as a public head for the convention.  When someone asks to talk to the person in charge, the Chair is who should respond.  Responsible for everything, yet with a properly and well staffed convention, actual work up to and including the con should be mostly maintaining momentum and acting as the voice of the convention.  Must be level headed, and able to make forward moving decisions without hesitation.

Director of Operations: Responsible for Operations.  Operations deals with everything that makes the convention run.  Staffing, Security, Equipment, Communication, Registration, etc.  Must be able to be a hard-ass.  When something is happening on the ground, the Ops director should know about it, and be able to deal with it with minimal intervention from other convention personnel.  Must be efficient, and organized.  Deals mostly with the Chair, and Programming.

Director of Programming: Responsible Programming.  Programming deals with all content at the convention.  Main Events, Video Rooms, Panels, Dance, etc.  Must be creative, and willing to explore new ideas in programming.  Responsible for Scheduling events, and making sure Ops is aware of all requirements for specific rooms at specific times.  The work done by Programming is ultimately the reason people come to the convention, so they must be able to keep it well organized, and entertaining.

Director of Relations: Responsible for Relations.  Relations deals with all people that are neither attendees or staff.  This includes Artists, Guests of Honor, Industry, and Exhibitors.  Mainly this means bringing non-attendees and staff to the convention, or acquiring “swag” for the convention.

Director of Publicity: Responsible for Publicity.  Publicity is responsible for getting the word out about the convention, and bringing in people to the convention.  If publicity is not running at full steam all the time, then the convention is potentially losing money.  Publicity is perhaps the smallest of the departments, but is responsible for bringing people to the con.

These are the executive staff positions. Thanks to Ryan Stasel for drawing these up. Ask if you have any questions about what the people in these positions do!

(above edited in by Guspasho)

Here's a list of the nominations and status of people nominated for executive positions for 2006:

Chair:

Arlene Penrose - Accepted
Bronwyn William - Declined
Meg Uhde - Accepted
Sean Larson - Accepted
Duncan Barth - Defered

Director of Operations:

Ryan Stasel - Accepted
Bronwyn Williams - Declined
Duncan Barth - Defered

Director of Programming:

Meg Uhde - Accepted
Brenda McFadden - Accepted

Director of Publicity:

Zac Goodwin - Accepted
Elmira Utz - Declined
Kristin Bartholomew, aka Darkerlight - Accepted

Director of Relations:

Brian Hammond - Accepted

I will try to update the list as people are nominated/accept/decline/step down.

Feel free to make your nominations heard.

MistressLegato:
Arlene!!!  I think the laid back attitude of the con made people really comfy and nice.

eerielunarose:
I edited the initial post here just to add Brenda's last name.

Also, I seem to recall a nomination of Sean Larsen for Publicity by Ryan Stasel at the opening of the nominations. I believe it was accepted at the time it was made, but even if it has since been changed to declined, it should be posted as well along with all the others.

We should check the notes to make sure nothing's missed.

guspasho:
Brownie's emailed to let us know she is declining to be on the Board of Directors next year, so I am editing Sean's post to reflect that as well.

I also emphasized the names of the candidates who have accepted so far.

EvilMonkey:
I'm accepting my nomination for Chair of Kumoricon 2006.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version