Author Topic: Murder in the Veil: Homestuck Panel  (Read 2130 times)

Offline Shout

• Sailor Scout
Murder in the Veil: Homestuck Panel
« on: April 20, 2012, 11:15:28 am »
So, this has been posted to the Homestuck Cosplay thread already, but I thought it wise to post on panels to see if we can't drum up interest for this panel as well as get some suggestions from the people who will be viewing the panel.

Murder in the Veil is a panel that was put together by myself and a couple other Washingtonstucks for Sakuracon. It is a murder mystery centered around the twelve trolls of Homestuck taking place within one of the many off-shoot timelines created out of decisions deemed 'unsuitable' for the future. Thus, canon is irrelevant. :P We created the script collaboratively using randomly drawn victims and killers to center the plot of action around. Unfortunately, we didn't have what could be considered a full script until about a week before con, so we unfortunately had to cancel the panel. There was huge interest though and almost all the participants really did not want to see the work go to waste, and thus, the group split about in half. One group took the original script and will be performing it at Akicon. The other half, spearheaded by me, is revamping the script to change the victims and killers, the narrator, and just change some jokes in general and are hoping to perform here at Kumoricon. (The panel request is submitted! :D)

We currently are one person short of a full twelve person cast (We still need an Eridan.) which is FANTASTIC given how much time we have, but more so what this thread is for is what you (as a potential viewer) would like to see in this panel. The panel is inherently of a comedic nature like Homestuck and we are trying to write several new scenes that can really be anything. There are already fandom and pop culture references as it is, so we are open to more. If you have an idea for a scene and it's PG-13 or below, throw it out there and we'll see what we can do with it. Let your inner shipper/fangirl/fanboy/troll go wild! Unfortunately, I cannot confirm what we will and won't do since I want to keep an element of surprise, but I can assure you all suggestions will at least be considered so shoot! Thanks a lot!

~Shout

Offline stencilSparkler

• Cabbit
Re: Murder in the Veil: Homestuck Panel
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2012, 03:10:32 pm »
everyone throws a rave party, gamzee spikes the punch, and everyone get drunk because WHY NOT
kcon 2012: trickster rose lalonde (homestuck)

Offline Capriocus

• Sailor Scout
    • Tumblr
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2012, 06:09:22 pm »
I have a friend who will be dressed up like Eridan, he said he would volunteer!
Aoi Asahina: 90% Complete
Rise Kujikawa: 70% complete
Makoto Tachibana: 100% complete
Nico Robin: 70% complete
Tooru Mutsuki: 10% complete

Offline krystir

• Cabbit
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2012, 03:32:03 pm »
I was wondering if this was still happening. Myself and a friend were supposed to be part of this and haven't heard back. If anyone could contact me with info that'd be great.