Author Topic: [Videogame] Minecraft server updated 1.2.5  (Read 1859 times)

Offline MichaelEvans

• Catgirl
[Videogame] Minecraft server updated 1.2.5
« on: April 02, 2012, 07:27:42 pm »
The old topic also contains some historical information http://www.kumoricon.org/forums/index.php?topic=16531.0 ;  Please reply if you have any questions that are public; or feel free to PM me.

The server is 'invite only' (AKA whitelist), to get invited, please pm me OR reply to this topic with your minecraft name (so I can add it to the list).

Update: 2012-04-23 (Monday)

Updated to Minecraft 1.2.5

Core mods:
  • IndustrialCraft2 1.95
  • RedPower2 2.0pr5
  • BuildCraft2 (by prior user request) 2.2.14

Extra Mods:
Forestry 1.4.4.2_bc2.2
RailCraft 5.0.3
IC2 Reactor Control ( Found here )

These are mods that I am not interested in adding:
EquivalentExchange - I've played with it, and it's simply gamebreaking and unfun after a day.
ComputerCraft - I've not played with this, but the mod's description doesn't really fit with my view of Minecraft's context and I expect further improvements from RedPower2, meaning that this only duplicates features and adds one more non-core mod to depend on updating.

I'll now briefly describe the benefits the mods provide.
  • IndustrialCraft 2 Industrial machines that improve processing of ores and also allow the creation of higher tech armor and tools (including fun things like mining lasers and nuclear reactors to power your creations)
  • RedPower2 More realistic tools, redstone conductive wires, logic gates, better pipes; now fluid pipes, pumps, 'frames' (for moving sets of blocks via a motor) and even a computer have been added in the most recent release.
  • Buildcraft The first widely popular item/fluid pipes, resources for clearing or filling in areas with blocks of a given type; etc.
  • Forestry adds partly automated farming of all kinds allowing you to truly harness the power of life within nature.
  • RailCraft adds different and more realistic rail devices, including high speed rail.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2012, 06:57:00 pm by MichaelEvans »
---
Staff 2007-2010
2010-2008: Website Development (So very very much in the last month before the convention at last; Good thing I'm looking for work x.x and have the spare time ~.~)
2007: Website Administration (Mascot Voting Input, Live Schedule)