Author Topic: Dark Shadows returns wait, what?  (Read 2129 times)

Offline Animeman73

• Catgirl
Dark Shadows returns wait, what?
« on: March 18, 2012, 09:57:12 am »
Back in the 90's when the Sci-Fi channel was still good I happened upon an old soap opera from the 1960's and 70's called Dark Shadows. Well it seems they're aboout to release a new Dark Shadows movie with Johnny Depp as Barnabas Collins, and directed by Tim Burton.

I've seen the trailer and I like the looks of this movie. I think Tim Burton has struck gold with this one. But I'd like to know what you guyas think of the trailer.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wpWvkFlyl4M
« Last Edit: March 25, 2012, 07:38:48 am by Animeman73 »
One cannot truly live life without having a sense of honor.

Offline Wrath-Chan19

• Bunnygirl
Re: Dark Shadows returns wait, what?
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2012, 09:56:54 pm »
Oh god I thought no one younger than 50 knew about this cursed show...
My mom loves it, I gave her the 30th year Anniversary Almanac for her birthday. Currently she is re-watching ALL of the episodes from the very beginning before Barnabas came into the story. She's almost finished, after 2 years, but plans to to start over. It's torture...
As soon as she heard about this movie she's been crazy about it. I find this movie to be awesome since it's clearly making fun at how stupid the show was.
I rarely get on here anymore, if you want to chat hit me up on Cosplay.com. I my username is Loveable-Eve

Offline Animeman73

• Catgirl
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2012, 09:47:18 am »
Trust me Wrath-chan the series got even better after Barnabas (Johnathan Frid) joined the cast. Dan Curtis had a wonderfully twisted imagination.
One cannot truly live life without having a sense of honor.

Offline Wrath-Chan19

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2012, 12:49:08 pm »
The first arc was alright and so was the going back in time (The first time) but when it came to the Aliens and Parallel time I had grown sick of it
I rarely get on here anymore, if you want to chat hit me up on Cosplay.com. I my username is Loveable-Eve

Offline superjaz

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2012, 10:43:42 pm »
Okay I used to catch the odd episode nothing enough to make sense as there are aTON of episodes.  My friend Vallie watched it (either the original or the revival I don't remember which) and really liked it
She saw the movie preview and was all like "NOooooooooo"
I saw the preview and was like".. .wow...."
My younger brother saw the preview and was like "omg that looks freaking awesome! AND its out on my birthday!!l
Certain things win him over or was Depp attracting the TV for the tiny songstress
We all thought the part about Alice Cooper being the ugliest woman was awesome
superjaz, that is jaz with one z count'um ONE z!
Proud mom of 2 awesome kids